This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

09 Jul 2018, 21:03

Blizzard is launching Classic WoW (vanilla), and I am fucking hyped. I have not yet decided whether I will play or not actually; I know I shouldn't, but I badly want to!

What are your thoughts and sentiments? How are you preparing for the launch? I am watching YouTube-videos every day for levelling, addons, and what not.

My favorite class by far has always been druid, but druids are decent at best in vanilla, and I can't really go rogue or mage which have always been my second picks after druid, because half of the vanilla population is rolling those two classes. I think I am going to roll a warlock, and since they are less common in The Alliance than in The Horde, I will most likely roll a human warlock.

The.
Hype.
Is.
Real.

@yurashic @chrisie
Capitalization matters.https://pastebin.com/KEuaQCrR
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: G00g0l

09 Jul 2018, 21:06

I'm hyped too! Glad to know there are people hyped for this event as well as me.
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

10 Jul 2018, 03:00

problem is most people think back on vanilla with a nostalgic lens. While I wouldnt mind going back to experience what is was like I do not really want to go through the grindfest that was leveling in vanilla. Just remember no dungeon finder, lack of quests, no mounts til 40.
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

10 Jul 2018, 03:42

I don't give a shit, cause while I may be a nerd, I'm not a super nerd
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

10 Jul 2018, 08:03

Mvp618 wrote:problem is most people think back on vanilla with a nostalgic lens. While I wouldnt mind going back to experience what is was like I do not really want to go through the grindfest that was leveling in vanilla. Just remember no dungeon finder, lack of quests, no mounts til 40.
Dungeon finder was the worst shit ever invented. Completely killed the social aspect of the game.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

10 Jul 2018, 09:55

Mvp618 wrote:problem is most people think back on vanilla with a nostalgic lens. While I wouldnt mind going back to experience what is was like I do not really want to go through the grindfest that was leveling in vanilla. Just remember no dungeon finder, lack of quests, no mounts til 40.
Yeah one's perspective on grinding changes over time. Seems likely that in the face of 40 hours of somewhat repetitive gameplay people will be more inclined to say "I don't have time for this shit" when as a kid it seemed like a fun adventure.

So, what, they are re-launching vanilla WoW with some QoL/graphics improvements or is it literally just a re-launch of an old game version?
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

10 Jul 2018, 10:17

WoW is like, the ugliest game ever, no way I will ever consider playing this
i dont believe in coincidences, and you?
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said
:hmm: AoE logic
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

10 Jul 2018, 11:28

I think and certainly hope that they won't touch the graphics. It's probably going to be very close to a true re-launch like Nostalrius and Elysium.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

10 Jul 2018, 17:15

i played wow back in the bc/wotlk days. i think the grinding and finally obtaining a +60% mount would bore me to death, because ik the old map already. hf (~have addiction -> more likely) ;)
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

14 Jul 2018, 14:14

Gendarme wrote:Blizzard is launching Classic WoW (vanilla), and I am fucking hyped. I have not yet decided whether I will play or not actually; I know I shouldn't, but I badly want to!

What are your thoughts and sentiments? How are you preparing for the launch? I am watching YouTube-videos every day for levelling, addons, and what not.

My favorite class by far has always been druid, but druids are decent at best in vanilla, and I can't really go rogue or mage which have always been my second picks after druid, because half of the vanilla population is rolling those two classes. I think I am going to roll a warlock, and since they are less common in The Alliance than in The Horde, I will most likely roll a human warlock.

The.
Hype.
Is.
Real.

@yurashic @chrisie

You realise how much you forgot about the game when you get new about it on another game forum hahaha... I think I'll try the Vanilla servers out and see if I like it. I'm a WoW player since 2010, I didn't play it for the last year or so but I want to start playing it again with the new big update.

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”