Did you like Empires Apart

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Did you like Empires Apart

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

They say the game is similar to Age of Empires, but didn't quite get any such feeling. In fact I uninstalled it after a couple of matches.
What do you people think about it? Is their anything truly good that you discovered in it? Would like to know your opinions...
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Re: Did you like Empires Apart

Post by giveuanxiety »

It had potential but they released it too early. The pathing at release was extremely bad, worse than rts games that came out 15 years ago. The whole art style put off tons of people, but if you accept the artstyle and play for the game play then you could enjoy it. hotkey system really annoying. think some other small annoying things.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Like I said before, it felt really unfinished and not original. Without a good scenario editor and good campaigns, a new game is never going to attract new, casual players. Also there is very little diversity overall.

They invested too much money in getting popular streamers/player to play their game, and too little in actually finished the game and making it feel unique. It's basically AoE2 but worse right now.

Also right now the game is just dead, and I don't think it's going to be revived except if they make it Free to Play or cost 5 bucks or something.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

I felt the same unfinished feeling. The AI wasn't competitive. Would have loved if it had an offline LAN to play with local friends. But it lacked everything. Very strange choice of civilization which makes battle look non historical. :\
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I didn't play it, but based on what I've read and am reading here it tried to be a modern incarnation of aoe2, except that it failed to be actually modern. If you really like aoe2, I think you'd be interested in playing a modern incarnation of the game where the hotkeys and controls have been smoothened out. If you then take GUA's comment into account, in which he actually states that the hotkeys and pathing is still shit, you realize the only reason to consider this game doesn't exist anymore.