Tit reveals himself

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Re: Tit reveals himself

Post by Aykin Haraka »

why you are talking about the word "nigger" ?
i don't get it
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gibson wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Negro means black in Spanish, and it became nigga in English. It isn't by definition racist.
But that's not even the topic. My point is that when you flame someone, and just one person, you're not being racist since racism applies to a group of people.

The word evolved, but initially it wasn't racist. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong because English isn't my native language, but I can tell you that when I say "negro" in French it isn't racist, and likewise, when I say "nigger" that isn't either.
I haven't called anyone a nigger for 2 years anyway, so I don't know why you all get upset.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:If you have such a problem with being bound by this one, very easy to follow American cultural practice, then you don't belong on this website.

And I'm not using it because I know that you guys get upset about it. Just saying that when I say it, it isn't racist.

actually it is, but you hide behind some bogus definition so you don't have to accept that about yourself.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Because you're ignoring social context. Calling a black person a monkey has obvious racist connotations
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

Nothing better than a circle jerk about the origins and use of the n word.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

fightinfrenchman wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:It's just meant to be offensive lol. Likewise, some guys (or some strats) are called "gay", does it make it homophobic?

I don't know if you're joking but yes

No I'm not joking. I just don't understand why you guys all go crazy when Umeu is being called a black monkey while you don't care when kaiser or garja say that Somppu is gay?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:It's just meant to be offensive lol. Likewise, some guys (or some strats) are called "gay", does it make it homophobic?

I don't know if you're joking but yes

No I'm not joking. I just don't understand why you guys all go crazy when Umeu is being called a black monkey while you don't care when kaiser or garja say that Somppu is gay?

I do hate that, I just recognize that ESOC mods don't generally care to do anything about it. When I see it I usually report it
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

gh0st wrote:
stronk wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What do you mean with that? Are you telling me that you aren't completely "black" aka lightskin (like father black and mother white) or do mean that the word "black" is inappropriate and/or you would describe yourself more as brown?

dude, wtf are you talking about, why does any of that matter? including his skin colour.

Curiosity.
give that guy a manual
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The word evolved, but initially it wasn't racist. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong because English isn't my native language, but I can tell you that when I say "negro" in French it isn't racist, and likewise, when I say "nigger" that isn't either.
I haven't called anyone a nigger for 2 years anyway, so I don't know why you all get upset.
I'm getting annoyed because no matter how I try to explain this to you you refuse to believe that its racist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

fightinfrenchman wrote:Because you're ignoring social context. Calling a black person a monkey has obvious racist connotations

I don't care if it has racist connotations. It's just not racist because it is used to upset Umeu, and not to make black people feel inferior.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Because you're ignoring social context. Calling a black person a monkey has obvious racist connotations

I don't care if it has racist connotations. It's just not racist because it is used to upset Umeu, and not to make black people feel inferior.

It is used to upset umeu because it is racist
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

it's racist because he wouldn't say it if he thought I was white.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Holy shit guys. I locked this. Am on mobile now. Will read through it all in a minute and see if it's worth being unlocked.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Okay I haven't read everything but based on the likes it seems like Gibson is correct.

This thread seems pointless apart from the drama which is fun, but can definitely be harmful.

Discussing "racism" as a subject is fine (although I feel like it will probably always escalate) but the way this thread is progressing isn't constructive in any way.

Trying to make others look or feel bad should never be your intention when posting on this forum.