This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2503
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

26 Jul 2018, 18:43

there's no difference between white or black or yellow or something else, in the latitude of the universe.
why do human still fight each other endlessly, instead of moving to the orion nebula? and escape from Milky Way before it collides with the Andromeda?
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2503
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

26 Jul 2018, 18:45

anyway, there's an ECLIPSE tonight in europa now. stop arguing on internet, and watch the starry sky instead.
User avatar
No Flag Djigit
Lancer
Posts: 874

26 Jul 2018, 18:45

fei123456 wrote:there's no difference between white or black or yellow or something else, in the latitude of the universe.
why do human still fight each other endlessly, instead of moving to the orion nebula? and escape from Milky Way before it collides with the Andromeda?
codeine dreaming
Emperor of
Image
User avatar
Greece Googol
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1691
ESO: G00g0l
Location: Constantinople

26 Jul 2018, 18:48

fei123456 wrote:
why do human still fight each other endlessly


Because of its mentality.
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 2475
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

26 Jul 2018, 18:50

Googol wrote:
fei123456 wrote:
why do human still fight each other endlessly


Because of its mentality.

Because..why not ?
#trainableSpahi
Image
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 9010
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

26 Jul 2018, 18:54

edeholland wrote:As a moderator, I was immensely triggered by this title. I was ready to lock before even looking at the thread, but then I saw the author.
Dear black people.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

Blue-haired girl being slain

'This is no declaration, I just thought I'd let you know goodbye'
Said the hero in the story
'It is mightier than swords. I could kill you sure, but I could only make you cry with these words'
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
Posts: 5120
ESO: Gendarme

26 Jul 2018, 19:02

fei123456 wrote:there's no difference between white or black or yellow
They differ in color, in fact.
Capitalization matters.https://pastebin.com/KEuaQCrR
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

26 Jul 2018, 19:03

edeholland wrote:As a moderator, I was immensely triggered by this title. I was ready to lock before even looking at the thread, but then I saw the author.

So you're admitting you are biased??
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
Posts: 5120
ESO: Gendarme

26 Jul 2018, 19:03

Jerom <3
Capitalization matters.https://pastebin.com/KEuaQCrR
User avatar
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 2534
ESO: Papist

26 Jul 2018, 19:53

Mvp618 wrote:I think there has to be a middle ground somewhere that most can agree on. I think its important to realize that people are sensitive to issues regarding race but I also think I should be able to interact with people of other races without having to worry they might pull the race card on me.

This is a strawman argument, and reminds me of men saying they're afraid of getting accused of sexual harassment if they talk to women because of the #MeToo movement. It's really a ridiculous argument - why would you get called a predator or "have the race card pulled on you" unless you're being pervy or offensive? In reality it's usually a cover for people who are upset that a certain inappropriate behavior is no longer acceptable or are uncomfortable with the idea of expanded rights for vulnerable groups in general because it represents a challenge to the status quo.


I like movies and shows that deal with the issues of racism because it often shows a vantage point that I was unaware of. One such area is the criticism that people in these communities face for trying to "act white" - which is hilarious because there really is no such thing as acting white and that sentiment is arguably racist in itself.

Well, white culture definitely exists - it's what you think of as mainstream culture. It is particularly prevalent in business, education, and politics, which are typically the places where people get accused of "acting white". People of other culturally backgrounds conform to the dominant culture (e.g. speaking "proper" English, wearing a European business suit, black people straightening their hair, etc.) in these fields because that's how you succeed in them.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4118
ESO: edeholland
Location: the cloud
GameRanger ID: 4053888

26 Jul 2018, 20:04

momuuu wrote:
edeholland wrote:As a moderator, I was immensely triggered by this title. I was ready to lock before even looking at the thread, but then I saw the author.

So you're admitting you are biased??

Did I ever deny that?

Just a sucker for drama, glad my post delivered.
User avatar
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Skirmisher
Posts: 114
GameRanger ID: 7309280

26 Jul 2018, 20:27

Goodspeed wrote:It's certainly not for everyone...


Damn dude, didn`t need to call him a dumb bitch like that. ^^


Naw but the show`s a`ait, I did enjoy the movie quite alot. I guess since it`s shorter it didn`t need to add more drama and managed to deliver a message while being witty and fun.

There`s plenty other shows and movies that give a better insight into black culture in the US, I guess they just don`t have a gimmicky title as this one has. ^^
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2503
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

26 Jul 2018, 20:28

Gendarme wrote:
fei123456 wrote:there's no difference between white or black or yellow
They differ in color, in fact.

you won't care if the bacteria in your body are black or blue or red in color. the aliens, or gods, or something else, treat us as bacteria/ants as well. they'll just feel funny watching us fighting each other.
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3614
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

26 Jul 2018, 20:28

Papist wrote:This is a strawman argument, and reminds me of men saying they're afraid of getting accused of sexual harassment if they talk to women because of the #MeToo movement. It's really a ridiculous argument - why would you get called a predator or "have the race card pulled on you" unless you're being pervy or offensive?

This absolutely does happen. Want to get rid of someone? Simple; succeed in making others think he's racist or sexist and watch the mob drag him out.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
Posts: 5120
ESO: Gendarme

26 Jul 2018, 20:29

tfw calling someone a monkey is condemned while treating someone as bacteria is condoned
Capitalization matters.https://pastebin.com/KEuaQCrR
User avatar
French Southern Territories vardar
Dragoon
Posts: 435
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs
Location: Tundra

26 Jul 2018, 20:39

ahh another brain-cell depleting day on esoc
User avatar
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron
Posts: 882

26 Jul 2018, 20:48

As you agreed to the rules when signing up to the site, please keep your posts in English. viewtopic.php?f=325&t=5351 Posts have been removed.
okay
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher
Posts: 158

26 Jul 2018, 21:05

We are all humans, apart of one race... the human race. That's how I look at it. So insulting another human because of "their" race is basically insulting yourself as you are apart of the same race as well.
Got Badger Milk?
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
Posts: 5120
ESO: Gendarme

26 Jul 2018, 21:26

Checkmate, racists.
Capitalization matters.https://pastebin.com/KEuaQCrR
User avatar
France Rikikipu
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 1622
ESO: p-of
Location: In your base

26 Jul 2018, 22:01

Goodspeed wrote: It might help some of you to empathize with black people and the shit they have to deal with throughout their lives.

Take care Goodspeed, for me you are crossing the line of what left extremism does, which is again separating people based on their color of skins. That's at least as social democrats, we are trying to avoid. The global problem is about poverty and not about color of skin, because when you make assumption like that, you say more or less the same horrible talk than far right people do. For whatever reason, far left parties start to split again people, like for instance making public meeting only for Black people (and forbidden to everyone else) and claims that it is for defending them, that's such a shame taking into account how recent WWII is.

Don't make stereotypes about black/yellow/white people please. Even more, this is not because someone got a french flag next to his forum nickname that he should be called "white" really... There are different people, with different origins in France, and as you may know we are not all blond hair with white skins...
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04
Posts: 9701

26 Jul 2018, 22:04

Attachments
Screenshot_20180726-180348.png
Screenshot_20180726-180348.png (75.94 KiB) Viewed 211 times
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
User avatar
France Rikikipu
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 1622
ESO: p-of
Location: In your base

26 Jul 2018, 22:06

@fightinfrenchman I would like to say "I feel the ear is right", but I'm probably stupid, I don't understand the tweeter message :huh:
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 9353
Location: USA

26 Jul 2018, 22:06

In a perfect world we would be able to ignore the color of peoples skin. However, black people today still often face discrimination. So if we ignore it, we're ignoring the fact that racism is still alive and well today. Look at this video. It's not meant to be a shot at trump, or to say that everyone who supports trump is a neo nazi white supremacist. Most aren't.

User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04
Posts: 9701

26 Jul 2018, 22:08

Rikikipu wrote:@fightinfrenchman I would like to say "I feel the ear is right", but I'm probably stupid, I don't understand the tweeter message :huh:


Trying to equate racists and people who talk about the effects of racism is very misguided at best and intentionally misleading at worst
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
User avatar
France Rikikipu
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 1622
ESO: p-of
Location: In your base

26 Jul 2018, 22:12

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:@fightinfrenchman I would like to say "I feel the ear is right", but I'm probably stupid, I don't understand the tweeter message :huh:


Trying to equate racists and people who talk about the effects of racism is very misguided at best and intentionally misleading at worst

I didn't mean to equate far left and far right, sorry if you understood that. I just say that far left theories and speeches are sometimes too borderline, especially the ones based on the color of the skins of people. Afterall, a majority of people think they are dangerous, I'm not the only one.

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests