Dear white people

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: Dear white people

Post by fei123456 »

there's no difference between white or black or yellow or something else, in the latitude of the universe.
why do human still fight each other endlessly, instead of moving to the orion nebula? and escape from Milky Way before it collides with the Andromeda?
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

anyway, there's an ECLIPSE tonight in europa now. stop arguing on internet, and watch the starry sky instead.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

fei123456 wrote:there's no difference between white or black or yellow or something else, in the latitude of the universe.
why do human still fight each other endlessly, instead of moving to the orion nebula? and escape from Milky Way before it collides with the Andromeda?
codeine dreaming
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

fei123456 wrote:
why do human still fight each other endlessly

Because of its mentality.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Googol wrote:
fei123456 wrote:
why do human still fight each other endlessly

Because of its mentality.

Because..why not ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

edeholland wrote:As a moderator, I was immensely triggered by this title. I was ready to lock before even looking at the thread, but then I saw the author.
Dear black people.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

fei123456 wrote:there's no difference between white or black or yellow
They differ in color, in fact.
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

edeholland wrote:As a moderator, I was immensely triggered by this title. I was ready to lock before even looking at the thread, but then I saw the author.

So you're admitting you are biased??
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Jerom <3
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Mvp618 wrote:I think there has to be a middle ground somewhere that most can agree on. I think its important to realize that people are sensitive to issues regarding race but I also think I should be able to interact with people of other races without having to worry they might pull the race card on me.

This is a strawman argument, and reminds me of men saying they're afraid of getting accused of sexual harassment if they talk to women because of the #MeToo movement. It's really a ridiculous argument - why would you get called a predator or "have the race card pulled on you" unless you're being pervy or offensive? In reality it's usually a cover for people who are upset that a certain inappropriate behavior is no longer acceptable or are uncomfortable with the idea of expanded rights for vulnerable groups in general because it represents a challenge to the status quo.

I like movies and shows that deal with the issues of racism because it often shows a vantage point that I was unaware of. One such area is the criticism that people in these communities face for trying to "act white" - which is hilarious because there really is no such thing as acting white and that sentiment is arguably racist in itself.

Well, white culture definitely exists - it's what you think of as mainstream culture. It is particularly prevalent in business, education, and politics, which are typically the places where people get accused of "acting white". People of other culturally backgrounds conform to the dominant culture (e.g. speaking "proper" English, wearing a European business suit, black people straightening their hair, etc.) in these fields because that's how you succeed in them.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

momuuu wrote:

So you're admitting you are biased??

Did I ever deny that?

Just a sucker for drama, glad my post delivered.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Goodspeed wrote:It's certainly not for everyone...

Damn dude, didn`t need to call him a dumb bitch like that. ^^

Naw but the show`s a`ait, I did enjoy the movie quite alot. I guess since it`s shorter it didn`t need to add more drama and managed to deliver a message while being witty and fun.

There`s plenty other shows and movies that give a better insight into black culture in the US, I guess they just don`t have a gimmicky title as this one has. ^^
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Gendarme wrote:
fei123456 wrote:there's no difference between white or black or yellow
They differ in color, in fact.

you won't care if the bacteria in your body are black or blue or red in color. the aliens, or gods, or something else, treat us as bacteria/ants as well. they'll just feel funny watching us fighting each other.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Papist wrote:This is a strawman argument, and reminds me of men saying they're afraid of getting accused of sexual harassment if they talk to women because of the #MeToo movement. It's really a ridiculous argument - why would you get called a predator or "have the race card pulled on you" unless you're being pervy or offensive?

This absolutely does happen. Want to get rid of someone? Simple; succeed in making others think he's racist or sexist and watch the mob drag him out.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

tfw calling someone a monkey is condemned while treating someone as bacteria is condoned
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

ahh another brain-cell depleting day on esoc
c0ns!
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

As you agreed to the rules when signing up to the site, please keep your posts in English. viewtopic.php?f=325&t=5351 Posts have been removed.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher

Post by saveyourskill »

We are all humans, apart of one race... the human race. That's how I look at it. So insulting another human because of "their" race is basically insulting yourself as you are apart of the same race as well.
Got Badger Milk?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Checkmate, racists.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Goodspeed wrote: It might help some of you to empathize with black people and the shit they have to deal with throughout their lives.

Take care Goodspeed, for me you are crossing the line of what left extremism does, which is again separating people based on their color of skins. That's at least as social democrats, we are trying to avoid. The global problem is about poverty and not about color of skin, because when you make assumption like that, you say more or less the same horrible talk than far right people do. For whatever reason, far left parties start to split again people, like for instance making public meeting only for Black people (and forbidden to everyone else) and claims that it is for defending them, that's such a shame taking into account how recent WWII is.

Don't make stereotypes about black/yellow/white people please. Even more, this is not because someone got a french flag next to his forum nickname that he should be called "white" really... There are different people, with different origins in France, and as you may know we are not all blond hair with white skins...
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Attachments
Screenshot_20180726-180348.png
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

@fightinfrenchman I would like to say "I feel the ear is right", but I'm probably stupid, I don't understand the tweeter message :huh:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

In a perfect world we would be able to ignore the color of peoples skin. However, black people today still often face discrimination. So if we ignore it, we're ignoring the fact that racism is still alive and well today. Look at this video. It's not meant to be a shot at trump, or to say that everyone who supports trump is a neo nazi white supremacist. Most aren't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Rikikipu wrote:@fightinfrenchman I would like to say "I feel the ear is right", but I'm probably stupid, I don't understand the tweeter message :huh:

Trying to equate racists and people who talk about the effects of racism is very misguided at best and intentionally misleading at worst
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:@fightinfrenchman I would like to say "I feel the ear is right", but I'm probably stupid, I don't understand the tweeter message :huh:

Trying to equate racists and people who talk about the effects of racism is very misguided at best and intentionally misleading at worst

I didn't mean to equate far left and far right, sorry if you understood that. I just say that far left theories and speeches are sometimes too borderline, especially the ones based on the color of the skins of people. Afterall, a majority of people think they are dangerous, I'm not the only one.