This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
Greece Googol
Howdah
Posts: 1240
ESO: Butifle
Location: Prague

29 Jul 2018, 20:55

Why would he be a nazi? I don't understand.
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 4262
ESO: Gendarme

29 Jul 2018, 20:57

Wow. I did nazi that one coming.
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1562
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

29 Jul 2018, 20:59

i did :D
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3371

29 Jul 2018, 21:00

Gendarme wrote:Wow. I did nazi that one coming.

cos you are not that bright - britght :P lol
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
No Flag Djigit
Dragoon
Posts: 474

29 Jul 2018, 21:02

haha yes
Stille Nacht! Heil'ge Nacht!
Alles schläft; einsam wacht
Nur das traute hoch heilige Paar.
Holder Knab' im lockigen Haar,
Schlafe in himmlischer Ruh!

User avatar
No Flag Djigit
Dragoon
Posts: 474

29 Jul 2018, 21:04

The locked thread was funnier.
Stille Nacht! Heil'ge Nacht!
Alles schläft; einsam wacht
Nur das traute hoch heilige Paar.
Holder Knab' im lockigen Haar,
Schlafe in himmlischer Ruh!

User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2894
ESO: edeholland
Location: Not ede
GameRanger ID: 4053888

29 Jul 2018, 21:30

Spank please stop flaming and baiting people, it doesn't help in this thread which was relatively insult-free.
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---
In the beginning ESOC was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3371

29 Jul 2018, 21:34

edeholland wrote:Spank please stop flaming and baiting people, it doesn't help in this thread which was relatively insult-free.

kk :oops:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer
Posts: 749

29 Jul 2018, 22:19

Not unusual for a Bernie supporter to call anyone and everyone a Nazi.
Image
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3371

29 Jul 2018, 23:06

InsectPoison wrote:Not unusual for a Bernie supporter to call anyone and everyone a Nazi.


and I did not do that :!: was never in my mind,. nadel. nei, niech, not ever in our minds :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3371

29 Jul 2018, 23:31

Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3371

29 Jul 2018, 23:34

what is what is a good start
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 4262
ESO: Gendarme

30 Jul 2018, 00:03

Bugfixer Gendarme at your service.
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 4262
ESO: Gendarme

30 Jul 2018, 00:40

Here to fix the bug again. Looks like I'm needed quite a lot tonight.
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3371

30 Jul 2018, 02:11

what is a smart ass (umeu), what is a cute ass (goodspeed), what is white suprmesieee (Gendarme). What is a resonable person thant do not vote (Gibson). what is a young person who lost his way (Jerom).- who can not tolerate ppl being on the other page then him, without calling them "morons" ; "snuden" of corse,
:hmm:

User has been banned for three-and-a-half days. Reason: Continuous harassment/baiting despite previous warnings.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Taiwan Vinyanyérë
ESOC Community Team
Donator 05
Posts: 988
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Location: California, U.S.

30 Jul 2018, 03:03

Great show @Goodspeed, I really enjoyed this one. Thank you for your recommendation.
duck
Vinyanyérë
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3371

30 Jul 2018, 03:15

really. I tryed to wach it, but man, its kind or stupid and boring, and funny things that are not funny, I could never get in to the show :cry: I tryed though, and cannot understand the fuzz, sorry :!: :?:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 8276

30 Jul 2018, 05:57

Gendarme wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes


How "fine" it is depends on the integrity of the study as well as the one making the comment. There is a difference in "fineness" between someone who denies the holocaust due to ignorance of the facts, due to ideological indoctrination or due a willful misrepresentation of the facts in order to achieve a certain goal. Yet I wouldn't forbid any of them to say anything.

In general I think everything should be able to be discussed. But most people aren't really interested in a discussion.
I agree. Interesting.


Maybe. I meant what I said In the narrow context of the law and the state/government. It should be legal to say these things, although how and why you say it matters to some extent. No one can forbid anyone their beliefs either. But that doesn't mean I'm ok with people acting on those beliefs in every way. And as such, I see it as a duty of every person who loves freedom, which can't exist truly without tolerance or community, to be against any public acts (and this is an important distinction) that diminish other people's (ability to partake in the) public space. I think it's fine for a religious person to think that abortion is a sin, although I don't agree with it. It's fine to say it too, even though I wouldn't say it. But it's not fine to force others to live by this principle against their will, and it's even less fine to take matters into own hand and punish people for doing something you don't agree with (talking about the public sphere).

However, on the level of community, i think it's fine to take a stance against certain forms of speech that target, isolate and exclude people from the community. in order to ensure the inclusion of all those who are willing and deserving of being part of the community, its members have to guard against intolerance, especially of the kind that forgets the basic tenets of democratic society, that a person is judged on their actions, and that we have a separate branch for this. If it's wrong to judge and punish the son for the crimes of the father, than how can it ever be considered reasonable to judge and punish someone for the crimes a stranger committed solely because they share a certain similarity.

There is no such thing as an intolerance paradox in my mind. Tolerance is not a virtue in and of itself. It's a safety net. It's something that is needed to ensure freedom. Freedom is the space between people. It can only exist in community. As such it is never unlimited, it's always directly limited by the other people you share the community with. It presupposes equality. The French revolution had it right in that regard, freedom (liberté) is equality (egalité) in community (fraternité). In my mind, everyone has the duty to be tolerant in order to ensure freedom for all. But one doesn't have to be, or rather even shouldn't be, tolerant of those actions which in effect diminish or destroy the freedom of others. Because of this, we put criminals in jail. Because of this we have laws that forbid discrimination. And we've created institutions to safeguard the law. Simple in theory. But in practice it appears that some of the institutions are corrupted and tend to protect the interest of one group over that of other groups (generally it's a problem of class, but in many places, class can't just be separated from race without ignoring history and without ignoring how that history still impacts the present). Which is why we're having this conversation right now.
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1562
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

30 Jul 2018, 08:45

iwillspankyou wrote:really. I tryed to wach it, but man, its kind or stupid and boring, and funny things that are not funny, I could never get in to the show :cry: I tryed though, and cannot understand the fuzz, sorry :!: :?:


I tried aswell but ultimately I found it boring.
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 6114

30 Jul 2018, 08:53

iwillspankyou wrote:really. I tryed to wach it, but man, its kind or stupid and boring, and funny things that are not funny, I could never get in to the show :cry: I tryed though, and cannot understand the fuzz, sorry :!: :?:
Stupid and boring :hmm:

What specifically was stupid and boring to you? Just not that into drama shows? Characters too young?
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1562
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

30 Jul 2018, 09:06

For me, the humour wasn't good. Then the first episode's usage of hashtag this and that made it clear, it's probably a show not for me. I can't say with the experience of that one episode how it addresses racism problem. Maybe it's an eye opener like you said, sadly I find it quite boring.
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 6114

30 Jul 2018, 09:20

I get the humour part, people have different senses of humour, but why would usage of hashtags mean it's not a show for you?
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13655
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Jul 2018, 09:43

iwillspankyou wrote:
edeholland wrote:Spank please stop flaming and baiting people, it doesn't help in this thread which was relatively insult-free.

kk :oops:

Kkk*

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Cyprus Snuden
Jaeger
Posts: 2166
ESO: Snuden
Location: ESOC Crypto Corner!

30 Jul 2018, 09:45

iwillspankyou wrote:what is a smart ass (umeu), what is a cute ass (goodspeed), what is white suprmesieee (Gendarme). What is a resonable person thant do not vote (Gibson). what is a young person who lost his way (Jerom).- who can not tolerate ppl being on the other page then him, without calling them "morons" ; "snuden" of corse,
:hmm:

Seems you forgot; Who is an imbecile (iwillspankyou)

User has been banned for three-and-a-half days. Reason: Continuous harassment/baiting despite previous warnings.
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13655
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Jul 2018, 10:06

Goodspeed wrote:What stereotype are you talking about? That they're religious?

You dont know what a 'kutmarokkaan' is?

This kind of ignorant stuff is whats feeding racism and racist political parties. There are dumb people walking the streets of their poor neighboorhood, seeing the stereotype get confirmed over and over and over again. But then, when you talk to people like you or watch some politicians speak, they seem to be absolutely oblivious of the reality. Yes, I agree that racism should not exist and fortunately I am smart enough to understand how this stereotype is a combination of unfortunate factors and I also understand that a member of an ethnic group doesnt necessarily fit the stereotype, and even I - a moderate, educated left young man - get a bit annoyed by the fact that in discussions and politics people just straight up turn away from the truth.

Heres some truth for you: if you drive in Overvecht (large amount of Moroccans) you will have signifumicantly more terrible traffic experiences. If there is a black golf with a Moroccan dude driving behind you, you will probably be passed on the right or face aggressive driving behaviour. In Utrecht there is always one 'black school', which means there is an extremely large percentage of Moroccans there. This school will do extremely poorly, because the stereotype is very accurate and teaching such a class is borderline impossible. Often this school is at high risk of losing all other white students and thus having to close. First it was the Nils Stenssen College, then the Gerrit Rietveld Collefe (which narrowly survived by managing to attract more white kids) and now its the Gregorius. You can look up their exam results if you'd like, its not pretty. If theres a case of theft or criminality, its more likely that it was done by a Moroccan than a white person. These are all facts.

This is all so extremely accurate that discrimination is unavoidable at large. If there are two identical resumes, I will choose the white guy over the Moroccan guy because I cannot help but feel like there will at least be some of the stereotype in the Moroccan guy. Taking him would be a risk actually because of how likely it is. By acting oblivious and repeating we shouldnt be racist, you're almost straight up ignoring how reality is. If you want to solve racism, you need to make sure the stereotype isnt so accurate first.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest