Dear white people

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Dear white people

Post by gibson »

Also it's ironic that white males are arguing that white male privilege doesn't exist. Although arguing about it is a bit moot as it's impossible to prove it doesn't exist and pretty easy to cherry pick studies that say it does.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Firstly I Apologize of the writing, I know it's messy in both in English and Finnish. Bare with me.

"Why the shit would you think that? Seriously, please quote whatever I wrote that gave you this idea."
-By bringing this discussion of black people, and not racism in general.

"I don't think whites are racist by default, and again am clueless as to what part of my writing gave you that idea."
-By explicitly giving us, the whites, an educational video of racism, like saying white people are the most racistic people in the world, which ain't true anyway in our generation.

-White male priviledge is a fantasy in my opinion aswell, can you prove me otherwise?

"All the shit the immigrants do can't be justified just because they're black/brown. And trust me, they are doing lot of shit here up in north, especially in Sweden. Having such midset like you, is very dangerous to community. Look at swedish government and the destruction they have caused by being too loose and immigrants and not blended them to the culture by force as harsh it might sound."

With this I meant the cover up and hiding of horrendeous acts executed by immigrant, which majority are non white and immigrants. By Swedish government, because they're so politically correct,"tolerant" while being so tolerant everything they do is justified and covered up in media for example. You might know the subjet but as for example. suburb areas in major cities there and like ghettos police are too afraid to go because they might get shot. I jumped of topic here I know. But it can be used as an example of the current situation, more like black male priviledge than white.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

White males are more likely to get hired in many lines of work than white females or black males.

Yes, because of education mostly. Racism does exist in some cases, but that's actually rare, and most of the statistics show that on average white people earn more than black people, but that's because they're more educated on average.

White males are never fired due to pregnancy.

No because they rarely get pregnant. In fact, women aren't fired because they're women but because they're pregnant.

A white male is much less likely to be sexually harassed than a white female.

That is true. And these discrimination do exist. Has anyone on this forum sexually harassed a female though? I'd say that Umeu was the one harassing people in the previous argument, but it exactly shows my point: he harassed a white male, so noone cares because he has the right to do say since he's back. If Tit were a female, that would be very different though #DoubleStandards
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@gibson

Blacks have a harder time finding work because they are less educated, not because their employers prefer less pigment.
Males are never fired due to pregnancy because they don't get pregnant, not because their employers prefer more y-chromosomes.
Males are less likely to be sexually harassed due to biological reasons, not systematic oppression.

Human rights is not about making everyone clones of each other. You have simply cherry-picked sex and race, and are pointing out those statistical misrepresentations. Pick anything else and you'll find differences there as well.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

princeofkabul wrote:"I don't think whites are racist by default, and again am clueless as to what part of my writing gave you that idea."
-By explicitly giving us, the whites, an educational video of racism, like saying white people are the most racistic people in the world, which ain't true anyway in our generation.

that's not at all what the movie/tv series is, just a cursory google search for the plot/professional reviews would tell you what it is about
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

gibson wrote:Also it's ironic that white males are arguing that white male privilege doesn't exist. Although arguing about it is a bit moot as it's impossible to prove it doesn't exist and pretty easy to cherry pick studies that say it does.

White males are never fired due to pregnancy. A white male is much less likely to be sexually harassed than a white female. These are just a few big ones I could think of off of the top of my head.

Why you even bring something like this up? Just for a record if you don't know black males cannot be fired due to pregnancy either. Or how many black pregnant men do you know?

"A white male is much less likely to be sexually harassed than a white female"

and that's same for any race, it's matter of gender... I really can't say if you seriously believe to this crap or being sarcastic. If you ain't don't bother quoting or answering me at all.

you might say men priviledge, if it's even a priviledge at all.

jesus christ what the fuck xd
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Gendarme wrote:This is exactly why the discussion is NOT relevant. You think it's not fantasized/imagined but it is. Things that SHOULDN'T be said are being said, you just don't agree, which is fine, but it remains quite relevant to those of us trying to convince an alarming amount of people on this forum that these are not real issues.

I can play that game too. Boring.
So is it relevant or not? :hmm: Imo, wherever there is disagreement, discussion is relevant. Of course, you're free to leave the thread if you don't like it.

And you didn't answer my question.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

White people are under representated in sport events. I think that it's really unfair, and that we're discriminated against in sport events :chinese:

Sometimes you just gotta accept that people are different, come from different places, and that what happens in their professional life is a result of these difference, and not a consequence of racism.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

After hitler genetic differences became taboo but they exist. There are tons of differences between white and black people starting with intellegence, athletics, skull. We were evolving on different ways just like our ancestors but because of globalization it is stopped.

tl dr; feminism sucks
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofkabul wrote:
gibson wrote:Also it's ironic that white males are arguing that white male privilege doesn't exist. Although arguing about it is a bit moot as it's impossible to prove it doesn't exist and pretty easy to cherry pick studies that say it does.

White males are never fired due to pregnancy. A white male is much less likely to be sexually harassed than a white female. These are just a few big ones I could think of off of the top of my head.

Why you even bring something like this up? Just for a record if you don't know black males cannot be fired due to pregnancy either. Or how many black pregnant men do you know?

"A white male is much less likely to be sexually harassed than a white female"

and that's same for any race, it's matter of gender... I really can't say if you seriously believe to this crap or being sarcastic. If you ain't don't bother quoting or answering me at all.

you might say men priviledge, if it's even a priviledge at all.

jesus christ what the fuck xd
Yea those fit more under the male part of male white privilege rather than the white.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

There are multiple ongoing discussions. The one where you're spreading propaganda is a pretty bad one, whereas this discussion is not necessarily pointless. If your question was referring to the first sentence in my response to gamevideo, I did not mean anything specific by that. It was more along the lines of "there are good things to say", implying that complaining about white privilege is not a good thing. But I did mention nazism later, so I suppose that's at least something to discuss that has some substance.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

oh geez such priviledges : O

In finland you are screwed if you fire a woman because of pregnancy, free trip straight to the jail.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Obviously most countries have laws that prohibit you from firing a woman because she is pregnant. More obviously companies don't say they're firing a pregnant woman because she is pregnant. In most states in the US people can be fired for no reason at all. So if they simply fire them or give one of hundreds of other bullshit reasons its quite easy to avoid a lawsuit.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Goodspeed wrote:
Gendarme wrote:This is exactly why the discussion is NOT relevant. You think it's not fantasized/imagined but it is. Things that SHOULDN'T be said are being said, you just don't agree, which is fine, but it remains quite relevant to those of us trying to convince an alarming amount of people on this forum that these are not real issues.

So is it relevant or not? :hmm: Imo, wherever there is disagreement, discussion is relevant. Of course, you're free to leave the thread if you don't like it.

You didn't answer mine either. I made it very simple to you. Instead of babbling about white male priviledge, you could prove that it exist with examples. And explain how white male has more "priviledges" than black male or asian male.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

princeofkabul wrote:"Why the shit would you think that? Seriously, please quote whatever I wrote that gave you this idea."
-By bringing this discussion of black people, and not racism in general.
And that, to you, means that I think black people should get a free pass to be racist? Why?
"I don't think whites are racist by default, and again am clueless as to what part of my writing gave you that idea."
Did you read anything about the show beyond the title? Actually did you read any of the thread beyond the title? I chose this show in particular because it spells out the problem (given the last thread I thought that was needed) and it shows all sides of it. It's not an educational video, it's a drama show, admittedly pretty educational.
-White male priviledge is a fantasy in my opinion aswell, can you prove me otherwise?
Not really, but I think watching this would be a good way for you to see this from all perspectives rather than just your own.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

princeofkabul wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

You didn't answer mine either. I made it very simple to you. Instead of babbling about white male priviledge, you could prove that it exist with examples. And explain how white male has more "priviledges" than black male or asian male.
I'm not interested in getting into a "linking studies" war. That's why I recommended the show. It's a more accessible way for you to get informed about the subject, and it shows the subtle ways in which racism can affect people.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

lol... Goodspeed, always thinks he knows best.
Zzzz...
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

The privileges you are speaking of are made up. Blacks may very well be treated worse than whites in general—and probably are—but not because people dislike their black skin. Statistics is simply somewhat complex and can be very unintuitive. In fact, black and female privilege (which I mentioned in one of my earlier posts) is a thing, precisely because white males are being discriminated against due to these fantasies.

ah, so white privilige is a fantasy, but black privilige is real? because discrimination of black people doesn't happen or barely happens, but white people really suffer because other people think they are racist when they are not? Who is living in a fantasy world...
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Where can we watch the great show?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Snuden wrote:lol... Goodspeed, always thinks he knows best.
Zzzz...
Crazy the amount of slack you get for arguing racism is a thing..
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Where can we watch the great show?
Good question, it's on Netflix iirc
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

umeu wrote:

The privileges you are speaking of are made up. Blacks may very well be treated worse than whites in general—and probably are—but not because people dislike their black skin. Statistics is simply somewhat complex and can be very unintuitive. In fact, black and female privilege (which I mentioned in one of my earlier posts) is a thing, precisely because white males are being discriminated against due to these fantasies.

ah, so white privilige is a fantasy, but black privilige is real? because discrimination of black people doesn't happen or barely happens, but white people really suffer because other people think they are racist when they are not?
Spot on.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Gendarme wrote:
umeu wrote:

ah, so white privilige is a fantasy, but black privilige is real? because discrimination of black people doesn't happen or barely happens, but white people really suffer because other people think they are racist when they are not?
Spot on.

I think you missed the most important part.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Goodspeed wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I'm not interested in getting into a "linking studies" war. That's why I recommended the show. It's a more accessible way for you to get informed about the subject, and it shows the subtle ways in which racism can affect people.

Okay ill watch it today.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

As I said racism or social discrimination are still a thing but I think there needs to be a distinction between sexism and racism, though, they are different things.
The thing with racism is that imo it is also often confused with unrelated tendencies; immigrants tend to “belong” to lower classes because studying is expensive, especially in some countries and often their families can’t afford to pay for a college or sth, so in some cases i wouldn’t say that “society” is blocking immigrants into lower classes, i’d rather say that it is easier (requires less effort) for poor people to look for a modest job instead of getting many degrees and look for a job that pays very well, which can be a sort of “social elevator”. On the other hand i consider xenophobia a very concrete phenomenon, especially here in italy because of the mediterranean traffic.

Sexism, in my opinion, is often blended with misunderstanding of social roles. I definitely agree about giving equal rights to both sexes but i also think that men and women have different roles in our society and some people should learn to accept this. The interaction between men and women works in a certain way, so i’d say it is reasonable to consider this when evaluating gender equality e.g. when i ask a girl out i am willing to pay for her; when a woman isn’t treated properly by her husband she (rightfully) gets all the compassion in the world but if it is the other way around the man who is being mistreated is just (unrightfully) considered a fool; after a divorce usually the mother gets to keep the house and the children while the father has to look for a new home and pay monthly for both his ex-wife and his children; whether some people like to acknowledge it or not, men still carry a burden of social expectations and conventions (they have to be able to provide for the family etc etc) that they need to meet in order to be “respectable”. The issue ultimately lies in the fact that people who talk about sexism often just look at one part of the whole, neglecting some other aspects of the interaction between sexes and between men or women and society. So when we talk about western countries, i don’t think things are overall really that uneven between the two sexes. In other countries women are still noticeably oppressed but that is another matter.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?