EU4 screenshots thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: EU4 screenshots thread

Post by lordraphael »

Djigit wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
Show hidden quotes

what a hassle
You just have to drop them all as you would on Windows, not one by one. Share the link and we'll be able to see the whole portfolio.

my screenshots look strange when i upload them there
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

lordraphael wrote:
Djigit wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You just have to drop them all as you would on Windows, not one by one. Share the link and we'll be able to see the whole portfolio.

my screenshots look strange when i upload them there

How about you started to play AoE3 instead of messing around with that EU4 nonsense!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

I think my longest eu 4 game ever. Stopped at 1694. Easily a WC probably even within the next 50 years.
20180806192154_1.jpg
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

https://juggernaut151.imgur.com/all/
a few more pics from that game. I have quite a few similar games like this one but id need to go onto the right patch.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I tried to find some old save files to make screenshots, but all of the save files are corrupted on the current version and I can't be bothered to find the old version and switch back, sorry :(

Nothing really impressive anyways. A HRE world conquest, Revolutionary Italy world conquest, and (my favorite one) Ottomans > France (for ideas) > Italy (for claims) > Roman Empire (because I can) > Revolutionary Roman Empire > Revolutionary Mughals (for claims) > Revolutionary Qing (for claims) world conquest. This sound harder than it is, it just requires a lot of eye for detail and dedication.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:I bet that naval went so poorly because pezet dint up his ships. That ship ratio should have won regardless of generals and naval ideas

Hmm well he said they are three deckers, isn't that the most advanced type of heavy?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:I think my longest eu 4 game ever. Stopped at 1694. Easily a WC probably even within the next 50 years.
20180806192154_1.jpg

Interesting how you are so big but have no money. I guess it is bad if I stack 20k since it means im not being active enough?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

ovi12 wrote:
lordraphael wrote:I bet that naval went so poorly because pezet dint up his ships. That ship ratio should have won regardless of generals and naval ideas

Hmm well he said they are three deckers, isn't that the most advanced type of heavy?

Naval maneuver determines the combat width. Kattegat – fun fact, literally means "cat's asshole" in Dutch – is an inland sea, which means galleys are stronger than heavies 1:1. What happened here is that few heavy ships were swarmed by many galleys, which resulted in a lot of losses because the heavies couldn't reliably deal damage while reinforcing. Along with that, Denmark has much better naval ideas than Austria/Bohemia/whatever else formed the HRE, and we don't see things like diplomatic tech, which affects ship quality, and naval ideas, which the maritime AI is prone to getting, in this screenshot.

ovi12 wrote:
lordraphael wrote:I think my longest eu 4 game ever. Stopped at 1694. Easily a WC probably even within the next 50 years.
20180806192154_1.jpg

Interesting how you are so big but have no money. I guess it is bad if I stack 20k since it means im not being active enough?

Yes. Manufactories in downstream rich areas, like the Caribbean, India, Indonesia, etc should always be one of your first investments once you gain access to these areas. Because these areas are downstream, you have two benefits from building manufactories. Firstly, you earn more money due to the +1 local goods produced, which is sold. Secondly, the value from this sold item is then transferred upstream, with each trade node adding +10% to the value, until you collect the value in your home node, essentially allowing you to profit twice.

Say you build a manufactory in Indonesia and collect in Genoa. The +1 local good is worth 1.2 gold. By transferring to the Cape, the Ivory Coast, Safi, Seville, and then Genoa, you increase the worth of this item by 10% for each trade node. That is a huge profit to be made, much more than having 20k sitting in your bank account idling. The total growth of this good is 1.2*(1.1^5) = 1.93. That's a profit of 60%. You probably don't have 100% of the trade node at this point, but you're still making a lot more money by building manufactories.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

Naval maneuver determines the combat width. Kattegat – fun fact, literally means "cat's asshole" in Dutch – is an inland sea, which means galleys are stronger than heavies 1:1. What happened here is that few heavy ships were swarmed by many galleys, which resulted in a lot of losses because the heavies couldn't reliably deal damage while reinforcing. Along with that, Denmark has much better naval ideas than Austria/Bohemia/whatever else formed the HRE, and we don't see things like diplomatic tech, which affects ship quality, and naval ideas, which the maritime AI is prone to getting, in this screenshot.

ovi12 wrote:
20180806192154_1.jpg

Yes. Manufactories in downstream rich areas, like the Caribbean, India, Indonesia, etc should always be one of your first investments once you gain access to these areas. Because these areas are downstream, you have two benefits from building manufactories. Firstly, you earn more money due to the +1 local goods produced, which is sold. Secondly, the value from this sold item is then transferred upstream, with each trade node adding +10% to the value, until you collect the value in your home node, essentially allowing you to profit twice.

Say you build a manufactory in Indonesia and collect in Genoa. The +1 local good is worth 1.2 gold. By transferring to the Cape, the Ivory Coast, Safi, Seville, and then Genoa, you increase the worth of this item by 10% for each trade node. That is a huge profit to be made, much more than having 20k sitting in your bank account idling. The total growth of this good is 1.2*(1.1^5) = 1.93. That's a profit of 60%. You probably don't have 100% of the trade node at this point, but you're still making a lot more money by building manufactories.

Ah yes I'm aware of manufactories; but I am Italy and have provinces mainly only in the Venice and Genoa trade nodes. So I was thinking I should be spending that money on constant wars? Also, do you know if the other production buildings affect trafe like manufactories? I've heard some people say that they only boost your "productuon income", they don't actually increase the number of goods produced thus don't affect trade.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

France into Rome, not a screen shot but I have no choice since I have no internet on this toaster.
Attachments
IMG_20180806_202920.jpg
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

it was post-game actually in my first game around 1950 or something, but it could have actually been the case due to me being a newbie or DLC restrictions :hmm:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

ovi12 wrote:
20180806192154_1.jpg

well i have 5 5 5 advsiors whjich cost me around 100 ducats. and i have rooting out corruption at max which also cost me like 150 ducats casue im so big. If i had no overxctension id make like 100 ducats per months. Also im investing eveything i have into buildings because stacking money is kinda worthless. Plus i have 620 k in standing army which also costs a fortune and i dont have the greatest trade node. Sure constantinople is a good trade node but the real money is being made in the english channel and sevilla.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

ovi12 wrote:
20180806192154_1.jpg

im sorry but 200 Heavys and 80 galleys just beat 60 galleys and 10 heavys no matter the ideas or the general. Ive had similar experiences where i outnumbered the opponent massively but loset the battler hard and then i realised i never had upped my ships since 1450... its very easy to forget about this especially cause it costs money to upgrade ships
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
20180806192154_1.jpg

well i have 5 5 5 advsiors whjich cost me around 100 ducats. and i have rooting out corruption at max which also cost me like 150 ducats casue im so big. If i had no overxctension id make like 100 ducats per months. Also im investing eveything i have into buildings because stacking money is kinda worthless. Plus i have 620 k in standing army which also costs a fortune and i dont have the greatest trade node. Sure constantinople is a good trade node but the real money is being made in the english channel and sevilla.

Wow I didn't even know level 5 advisors existed lol, the highest I see is level 3. I played a game as castille where I think I was getting 200+ profit a month and I never saw a level 5, is it from some DLC? I have cossacks, common sense, rights of man, art of war, and women in history
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I guess lvl 5 advisors also answers the question of where you have all the monarch points to core/annex so much land?
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

ovi12 wrote:I guess lvl 5 advisors also answers the question of where you have all the monarch points to core/annex so much land?

Great thing about that point which you can afford them is that they compensate for your shit rulers aswell, so when that point comes in you don't have to worry about monarch points at all.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

lordraphael wrote:https://juggernaut151.imgur.com/all/
a few more pics from that game. I have quite a few similar games like this one but id need to go onto the right patch.

it shows nothing

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Nothing really impressive anyways. A HRE world conquest, Revolutionary Italy world conquest, and (my favorite one) Ottomans > France (for ideas) > Italy (for claims) > Roman Empire (because I can) > Revolutionary Roman Empire > Revolutionary Mughals (for claims) > Revolutionary Qing (for claims) world conquest. This sound harder than it is, it just requires a lot of eye for detail and dedication.

well, that sounds impressive... :?
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I tried to find some old save files to make screenshots, but all of the save files are corrupted on the current version and I can't be bothered to find the old version and switch back, sorry :(

Nothing really impressive anyways. A HRE world conquest, Revolutionary Italy world conquest, and (my favorite one) Ottomans > France (for ideas) > Italy (for claims) > Roman Empire (because I can) > Revolutionary Roman Empire > Revolutionary Mughals (for claims) > Revolutionary Qing (for claims) world conquest. This sound harder than it is, it just requires a lot of eye for detail and dedication.

Well this is some tag switching there.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

just ended the 20-year-long religious war as Austria being the emperor: from –99% war score to a victory :o

[spoiler=picsh]I'm more of a 1v1- than a team-player :ugeek:
though I ceded 8 provinces, it was a hard-fought triumph
D e c i s i v e | v i c t o r y[/spoiler]
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

if relgious wars trigger, when youre emperor you have done sth wrong. Tho they are pretty funny. When whole europe is at war including nations like russia ottoman etc, its a blast.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

lordraphael wrote:if relgious wars trigger, when youre emperor you have done sth wrong. Tho they are pretty funny. When whole europe is at war including nations like russia ottoman etc, its a blast.

And the insane a mount of lag speaking of it
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I didn't really manage to stop the reformation in Germany, and due to rivalry with me Ottomans, Catholic France and England all joined the protestant league. It's my first game as the emperor, though :P
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

@lordraphael Have you ever tried playing EU4 on a harder difficulty? Maybe that is enough to help you keep your interest after 1650.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:if relgious wars trigger, when youre emperor you have done sth wrong. Tho they are pretty funny. When whole europe is at war including nations like russia ottoman etc, its a blast.

So you're supposed to be able to force religion on all the protestants before the war triggers?
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

ovi12 wrote:@lordraphael Have you ever tried playing EU4 on a harder difficulty? Maybe that is enough to help you keep your interest after 1650.

i started with playing on very hard. and yea it is a nice challenge.(tho it feels stupid sometimes. The boni the AI gets is ludicrous The thing is i like to compare myself with the best players of EU 4 and they all play on normal. Also even on very hard the lategame offers very little. EU 4 lategame is kind of lackluster to be honest. I guess its cause of money creep and the rebell mechanics gets dumb the bigger your realm gets. Just takes ages to micro manage all of the rebell stacks while never really being threatening. Also theres no new mechanics in lategame idk. Its just boring to me.
I guess its okaish on multiplayer but i dont play that cause my pc cant really handle it.