This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

15 Aug 2018, 05:10

Hey, I'm back :ear:

Anyway I wanted to talk about some ice cream troubles I've had. As you probably know I love my ice cream. My first discussions about ice cream on the forums revolved around how I like to eat ice cream during extremely laggy treaty games, and how the extra lag provided by my cat laying against the computer fans and overheating it helped give me time to eat the ice cream without losing my position on the map.

Anyway, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream from Turkey Hill specifically is my major addiction. I just can't get enough of the stuff, I often head to the local Turkey Hill gas station and get two half gallons of it. Each half gallon normally costs $4.49, but they frequently run a sale where you can get two of them for just $5, which is a great deal.

Anyway, a little while ago I head to the Turkey Hill to get my classic two half gallons of the stuff, but they're not on sale. The cashier tells me the "all natural" version of them is on sale, 2 half gallons for $7. I go get two of them (they are only called "Chocolate peanut butter" instead of "choclate peanut butter cup" but they look essentially the same, just with different packaging). I ask the guy at the register if they are any different, and he basically says yeah, the packaging is different. I don't say anything about it but I find this comment very funny, I wonder if he did as well. Just seemed like a really pointless thing to say.

Anyway this was a couple months ago, fast forward to yesterday. I go to pick up my regular order for the $5, the sale has been going on for a couple weeks now. The sale was still going on, but the Chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream was out of stock. At least, it wasn't on display. My cowardly, passive self didn't want to ask any of the employees if there was more in the back, so I went with two half gallons of the all natural stuff.

The only real difference I've noticed with the all natural stuff is that when it melts it's a lot thinner than the regular stuff. I often leave my ice cream sitting out for a while, and when I go to pick some of the melted stuff up with my spoon, the all natural stuff just flows off really quickly and it's extremely annoying. I'm only on my first bowl of the new batch so it will last me a little bit, and I will continue to have to deal with this minor issue.

The lesson? Don't be so passive, if you really want something go ahead and ask for it.
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4040

15 Aug 2018, 05:40

Some of my favorite ice creams:

- Put Vanilla ice cream and grind coffe on top
- Take chocolate ice cream and put some orange pieces in it
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

15 Aug 2018, 05:45

ovi12 wrote:Some of my favorite ice creams:

- Put Vanilla ice cream and grind coffe on top
- Take chocolate ice cream and put some orange pieces in it


Both pretty weird flavors
User avatar
United States of America XeeleeFlower
ESOC Community & Media Team
Donator 10
Posts: 559

15 Aug 2018, 07:20

Moose Tracks - none of that "lite" shit either. The full fat original moose tracks is the best ice cream ever.
ovi12 wrote:Some of my favorite ice creams:

- Put Vanilla ice cream and grind coffe on top
- Take chocolate ice cream and put some orange pieces in it
:shock: Both of those sound delicious!
fightinfrenchman wrote:The lesson? Don't be so passive, if you really want something go ahead and ask for it.
How's the dating going? ;)
My posts represent my views and may or may not represent the views of ESOC as a whole.

Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

I love good methamphetamine; highly addictive.
User avatar
Christmas Island QueenOfdestiny
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1682
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

15 Aug 2018, 07:31

Best is real ice cream from a Italian store!
1 ball 1€
And if it's a good one... Trust me you can't have one or two favorites because they all extremely good
Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

15 Aug 2018, 08:34

QueenOfdestiny wrote:Best is real ice cream from a Italian store!
1 ball 1€
And if it's a good one... Trust me you can't have one or two favorites because they all extremely good


Italians don't eat ice cream, they only eat italian water ice
User avatar
Christmas Island QueenOfdestiny
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1682
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

15 Aug 2018, 09:39

fightinfrenchman wrote:
QueenOfdestiny wrote:Best is real ice cream from a Italian store!
1 ball 1€
And if it's a good one... Trust me you can't have one or two favorites because they all extremely good


Italians don't eat ice cream, they only eat italian water ice

Ofc you say that bc you American :hmm:
Image
User avatar
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger
Posts: 3715
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 01:35

This all natural ice cream you mention....I wonder where on earth it naturally occurs?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

16 Aug 2018, 03:58

evilcheadar wrote:This all natural ice cream you mention....I wonder where on earth it naturally occurs?


The famous "Turkey Hill," which is actually just a pile of trash, literally
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

16 Aug 2018, 03:58

QueenOfdestiny wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
QueenOfdestiny wrote:Best is real ice cream from a Italian store!
1 ball 1€
And if it's a good one... Trust me you can't have one or two favorites because they all extremely good


Italians don't eat ice cream, they only eat italian water ice

Ofc you say that bc you American :hmm:


I don't say it because I'm American, I say it because it's true. Italians eat Italian water ice, hence the name, Italian water ice
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6323
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

16 Aug 2018, 04:43

In America in a high end artisanal desert shoppe the only difference between ice cream and gelato is the head we churn it with.

Fun fact: ice cream actually has no cream of ice in it, it really uses cream of cow. But "cow cream" tested poorly in focus groups in the 80s.

Also, any "sweet cream" flavor at any ice cream shop is just the churned cream base with no additional flavorings added. It's subsequently the cheapest flavor to make and I always believed should have been sold for less, but it never is. If you like sweet cream ice cream you're just getting scammed.
thank god for threads
and good screws
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

16 Aug 2018, 05:28

I'm eating some of that "all natural" ice cream right now and guess what? When it melts it still gets too watery. I'm pissed and upset, and I blame the employees of the local Turkey Hill gas station for not restocking the chocolate peanut butter cup flavor enough.
User avatar
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
Posts: 210
ESO: WS6AR
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 06:08

SirCallen wrote:In America in a high end artisanal desert shoppe the only difference between ice cream and gelato is the head we churn it with.

Fun fact: ice cream actually has no cream of ice in it, it really uses cream of cow. But "cow cream" tested poorly in focus groups in the 80s.

Also, any "sweet cream" flavor at any ice cream shop is just the churned cream base with no additional flavorings added. It's subsequently the cheapest flavor to make and I always believed should have been sold for less, but it never is. If you like sweet cream ice cream you're just getting scammed.

Lol cream of cow smh.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

16 Aug 2018, 06:17

DjinnOfSorrow wrote:
SirCallen wrote:In America in a high end artisanal desert shoppe the only difference between ice cream and gelato is the head we churn it with.

Fun fact: ice cream actually has no cream of ice in it, it really uses cream of cow. But "cow cream" tested poorly in focus groups in the 80s.

Also, any "sweet cream" flavor at any ice cream shop is just the churned cream base with no additional flavorings added. It's subsequently the cheapest flavor to make and I always believed should have been sold for less, but it never is. If you like sweet cream ice cream you're just getting scammed.

Lol cream of cow smh.


Most people in America usually refer to ice cream as "cream of cow soup," I just called it "ice cream" to not confuse people
User avatar
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
Posts: 210
ESO: WS6AR
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 06:21

fightinfrenchman wrote:
DjinnOfSorrow wrote:
SirCallen wrote:In America in a high end artisanal desert shoppe the only difference between ice cream and gelato is the head we churn it with.

Fun fact: ice cream actually has no cream of ice in it, it really uses cream of cow. But "cow cream" tested poorly in focus groups in the 80s.

Also, any "sweet cream" flavor at any ice cream shop is just the churned cream base with no additional flavorings added. It's subsequently the cheapest flavor to make and I always believed should have been sold for less, but it never is. If you like sweet cream ice cream you're just getting scammed.

Lol cream of cow smh.


Most people in America usually refer to ice cream as "cream of cow soup," I just called it "ice cream" to not confuse people


Lmao maybe up there in Amish country they buy it by that name. But really have you all ever had homemade ice cream, store bought crap can't compare.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

16 Aug 2018, 13:17

DjinnOfSorrow wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes


Most people in America usually refer to ice cream as "cream of cow soup," I just called it "ice cream" to not confuse people


Lmao maybe up there in Amish country they buy it by that name. But really have you all ever had homemade ice cream, store bought crap can't compare.


What makes homemade better
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 4262
ESO: Gendarme

16 Aug 2018, 13:38

I am surprised @SirCallen's favorite ice cream isn't Coor's Lite.
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
Posts: 210
ESO: WS6AR
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 14:18

Home made just has this richness you can't find in store brands, everything else taste kind of stale.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

16 Aug 2018, 14:51

DjinnOfSorrow wrote:Home made just has this richness you can't find in store brands, everything else taste kind of stale.


How does ice cream become "stale"
User avatar
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
Posts: 210
ESO: WS6AR
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 15:20

It loses that fresh rich flavor. Trust me once you have it you will see
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4649

16 Aug 2018, 15:24

I've had homemade ice cream, it sucks compared to T-Hill
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6323
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

16 Aug 2018, 16:40

Gendarme wrote:I am surprised @SirCallen's favorite ice cream isn't Coor's Lite.

Wow, haha, great joke man.

Because I never said what my favorite ice cream is: it is sea salt caramel with brownies and dark chocolate bits.
thank god for threads
and good screws
User avatar
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
Posts: 210
ESO: WS6AR
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 16:57

fightinfrenchman wrote:I've had homemade ice cream, it sucks compared to T-Hill

Idk what T-hill is but my grandmothers recipe for homemade ice cream is to die for. I barely eat ice cream but hers I will make myself sick on.
User avatar
United States of America XeeleeFlower
ESOC Community & Media Team
Donator 10
Posts: 559

16 Aug 2018, 16:59

May I come for a visit next time I'm in the states?
My posts represent my views and may or may not represent the views of ESOC as a whole.

Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

I love good methamphetamine; highly addictive.
User avatar
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
Posts: 210
ESO: WS6AR
Location: USA

16 Aug 2018, 17:14

XeeleeFlower wrote:May I come for a visit next time I'm in the states?


Its ice cream not amphetamines lol calm down. But yeah cajun cooking and homemade ice cream year around so come on.

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest