This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
ESO: Gendarme

16 Aug 2018, 11:36

Apparently some people sometimes find themselves—to their own surprise—nauseous from certain non-graphic images. I have never experienced this myself, although I do get inexplicably stressed by tasks such as Aimbooster.

Recently @XeeleeFlower said that she felt nauseous from the following image, and I found that quite interesting.

Mod WARNING: The following image may be disturbing and cause discomfort.

Have you ever experienced such a thing? What are your thoughts regarding the matter?
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
Armenia Sargsyan
Howdah
ESO: Sargsyan
GameRanger ID: 2106182

16 Aug 2018, 11:37

I think its a great pic which expresses alot of mixed feelings
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

16 Aug 2018, 11:37

stop deleting this thread pls, crooked mods.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Armenia Sargsyan
Howdah
ESO: Sargsyan
GameRanger ID: 2106182

16 Aug 2018, 11:41

I think the trigger gif triggers someone
United States of America XeeleeFlower
ESOC Community & Media Team
Donator 10

16 Aug 2018, 12:05

Some images can cause seizures in individuals who are prone to them. While I am not one of these individuals, I feel that I may be prone to motion sickness. There is this thing called "cybersickness" which is basically motion sickness transferred to images/videos online. Even simply scrolling too fast on one's phone can bring this about. Fortunately, I think that in my case, it's not too extreme.
My posts represent my views and may or may not represent the views of ESOC as a whole.

Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

I love good methamphetamine; highly addictive.
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
ESO: Gendarme

16 Aug 2018, 12:30

Have you managed to pinpoint exactly what type of imagery nauseates you? I was thinking that it might be similar to my stress response to some things, and I have not yet figured out exactly when I get stressed—I have only isolated cases without a common denominantor.
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
United States of America XeeleeFlower
ESOC Community & Media Team
Donator 10

16 Aug 2018, 12:56

I'm not 100% sure, but for me, I think that it's caused by how quick the movement is in gifs like above. Something like this (Warning: could cause seizures) doesn't really bother me, which is why I think I may just have a slight tendency towards cybersickness as opposed to being really affected by it. For reference, when I was little, I would get carsick a lot. I think I just kinda grew out of it, though it may still linger a bit.
My posts represent my views and may or may not represent the views of ESOC as a whole.

Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

I love good methamphetamine; highly addictive.
Uzbekistan DjinnOfSorrow
Dragoon
ESO: WS6AR

16 Aug 2018, 17:32

I get that falling sensation all the time which makes me nauseous. I can jump off a cliff in a video game and about puke but can fall further irl and it does not phase me.
Czech Republic Googol
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Butifle

25 Sep 2018, 21:11

spoiler

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”