Are you getting an RTX card?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Are you getting an RTX card?

Post by Gendarme »

The new RTX cards are expensive as shit, but very interesting and possibly insanely performant. Are you going to get one?
Pay more attention to detail.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Are you getting an RTX card?

Post by gibson »

gonna wait for the benchmarks, if its a serious improvement from my 1080ti ill get a 2080ti, but if its only like a 10% or so boost I'll wait for the next generation.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

A 1080ti could carry you for like 5 more years wtf no point in switching, even if the improvement was 15%. Anyway i heard that the founder's edition is already OCed so possibly other brands will keep the price slightly lower. They don't seem like a terrible deal anyway, but no, i won't get one. As long as i only play AoE my 600€ pc can do more than fine.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

They are designed for ray-tracing, and apparently a lot of modern AAA games are patching to include ray-tracing, I think. I would expect far more than a 10% improvement for those games.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Really too expensive, waiting for AMD release
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Founder's edition is apparently going to be a bit more expensive, so they may get cheaper later.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

gamevideo113 wrote:A 1080ti could carry you for like 5 more years wtf no point in switching, even if the improvement was 15%. Anyway i heard that the founder's edition is already OCed so possibly other brands will keep the price slightly lower. They don't seem like a terrible deal anyway, but no, i won't get one. As long as i only play AoE my 600€ pc can do more than fine.
No I have a 144 hz 1440p monitor and I'm planning on purchasing a 144 hz 4k monitor sometime in the next year and even a 1080ti isn't gonna be able to push 144 frames in 4k in a lot of games.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

gibson wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:A 1080ti could carry you for like 5 more years wtf no point in switching, even if the improvement was 15%. Anyway i heard that the founder's edition is already OCed so possibly other brands will keep the price slightly lower. They don't seem like a terrible deal anyway, but no, i won't get one. As long as i only play AoE my 600€ pc can do more than fine.
No I have a 144 hz 1440p monitor and I'm planning on purchasing a 144 hz 4k monitor sometime in the next year and even a 1080ti isn't gonna be able to push 144 frames in 4k in a lot of games.

Buy one and send me your gtx1080
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'm selling it to my mate for 350, which is a great deal for a 1080ti
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

gibson wrote:I'm selling it to my mate for 350, which is a great deal for a 1080ti

Bbbbbut I thought I'm your mate:(
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

:smile:
gibson wrote:I'm selling it to my mate for 350, which is a great deal for a 1080ti

Lol awesome deal, I would buy it at this price for sure
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

no
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix