Life Tip of the Day 9: Make sure to join the liberal side of the liberalism vs. fascism debate

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Life Tip of the Day 9: Make sure to join the liberal side of the liberalism vs. fascism debate

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:This isn't even about immigration, immigration is just one of the things these anti-democratic politicians use to gain power. There is a lot of irrational fear in Europe about us losing our national identities to a couple of immigrants, and this is abused shamelessly to get votes. In Hungary it was never even a problem, and yet the people there think it is. Currently, about 2 refugees cross the border per day which is a total nonissue but because the state owns 90% of the national media outlets and uses these outlets to spread its propaganda, people who don't read any more than their local newspaper continue to think it's a huge issue. Meanwhile, the real problem is that the country's leadership rewrote the constitution immediately after winning 2/3 of the house, did some serious gerrymandering and controls all of the country's richest people by way of threatening to implement regulations that target them specifically. Hungary is not a democracy, even though it may look like one at first glance.

The exact same thing is happening in America. At least the world is paying attention now, though. The question is how complicit is the GOP, and how far are they willing to go? Trump is not competent enough to ride his victory home the way Orbán did in Hungary and turn the USA into a fascist "democracy", but the GOP, realising that this is a way forward for them, may try the same thing with a stronger candidate 6 or 10 years from now.

Steve Bannon knew all this and used it to get Trump elected. He's in Europe now, building his movement. As Ear said, it's a global phenomenon. Don't allow yourself to fall into the trap of supporting a fascist because you are scared of a couple of Muslims.

Immigration is a thing they can use because political parties somehow refuse to admit that large groups of immigrants are a bad thing for a country. Which is insane if you actually experience the negative results of large scale immigration. The problem isn't that people are wanting to hate things, it's that the opposing side ('liberals' or whatever they really are) are so stuck up in their own beliefs that they refuse to acknowledge reality. In a case where the existing ruling party literally refuses to talk about reality it's quite easy to start to associate with the other side ('fascists' or whatever). It's something that has been happening to some extend to me; the pure stupidity and ignorance of political parties, which refuse to actually accept reality and instead try to live in some flower-happiness world that doesn't exist, made me grow annoyed by them quite a bit. Unfortunately there is no real party that expresses this annoyance without being straight up stupid and ignorant too. But it seems weird to me to be taking the high ground in whats essentially just ignorance from both sides.

I'm looking to be represented by people that will openly admit that allowing massive amounts of muslim people into our country was a huge mistake, but I would also prefer if those people wouldn't be populists or the retards that they usually are.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Life Tip of the Day 9: Make sure to join the liberal side of the liberalism vs. fascism debate

Post by momuuu »

Btw, isn't it the most retarded thing to refer to these large groups of people fascists? It doesn't make any sense with regards to what fascism even is and just seems like a way to demonize all that don't agree with your view - which is ironically a pretty fascist thing to do.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

deleted_user wrote:PHONES BONES

this is probably my best post ever
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

deleted_user wrote:
deleted_user wrote:PHONES BONES

this is probably my best post ever

It's not
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

what is liberal? Pelosi? Sanders? Trump? Obama? all liberals. It's becoming a hallow word imo
to me, it doesn't mean much.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I will never forgive @deleted_user4 for bumping this thread
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

iwillspankyou wrote:what is liberal? Pelosi? Sanders? Trump? Obama? all liberals. It's becoming a hallow word imo

Spanky's recent posts have been speaking true to me.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:what is liberal? Pelosi? Sanders? Trump? Obama? all liberals. It's becoming a hallow word imo

This is all your fault
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

This is all your fault

Drink a little more, coward.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This is all your fault

Drink a little more, coward.

:salt:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
Dr. D1CK wrote:I don’t want to worry anyone but my sources tell me fightinfrenchman is literally the founder of isis.
fightinfrenchman wrote:The founder of ISIS is indeed on these forums, but he's not me
Knock it off with this shit. I'm on vacation damnit!

but it's true
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Feminism is destroying the foundations of family and community.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Horsemen is destroying the foundations of sanity and intelligence.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

umeu is destroying the foundations of quicksearch and the Iroquois tribe.
Pay more attention to detail.