Do you believe in the supernatural?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Do you believe in the supernatural?

Post by Snuden »

Do you? Maybe you even have a story you can share.

I'll start...

I was very close to my grandfather (My mothers father)

When I was 15 years old my grandfather got diagnosed with liver cancer and the doctors didn't give him more than 2-3 months before he would die. He soon got hospitalized and I went 3-4 times a week.

My gf at the time lived quite far away from me, so I had to take both train and bus to and from her place. As she was not allowed to have me spend the night with her, I often took the last train and bus for the evening.

It was pretty good timed, so when I arrived with the train, I only had to wait 5 minutes for my bus to arrive. This had been going on for more than 6 months and I had never EVER missed my bus.

One night I arrived at the bus station as usual, sat down to wait the 5 minutes for my bus to arrive, except it never arrived that night! Just as I stood up to begin walking home, a bus I have never seen before suddenly rolled in. The end station of that bus was the hospital where my grandfather was.

I thought to myself, why not go and visit the grand old man, I went on the bus, which was empty besides me. No other passengers got on or off before we reached the hospital.

My grandfather was asleep and/or pumped with morphine so I just sat with him for 10-15 minutes before I went home.

Next morning my mother called and told me that my grandfather had died during the night. Actually, as soon as the phone rang, I knew it was my mother calling to tell me about he died, I let it ring and just waited for my father to come tell me the news.

I can't take my mind off this and even though it is more than 20 years ago, I think about it almost daily.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Do you believe in the supernatural?

Post by Gendarme »

Weird
Pay more attention to detail.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I would go as far as to call it mysterious.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

My fathers office desk watch stopped at the exact time his mother died.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

My mother says she had a dream about death of two relatives and they died within a week in accident.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

I believe that the dead can come back to life
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

I want to believe, however, many things can be explained away logically - a weird blend of Mulder and Scully from X-Files. Multiverse theory is intriguing, and I feel that viewing supernatural things through its lens can provide explanation for seemingly unexplained phenomena.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Do you define supernatural as something that can't be explained by our scientific understanding of the world? In that case, there are still lot's of supernatural things.

Do you define it as something that is outside of our reality? In that case, it can't exist.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I detest the logical implications of the supernatural more than whatever the supernatural would be. The notion of saying 'I can't explain this properly so it's some sort of magic' is something I abhor. If you'd be saying you think there might be some natural but complicated correlation between these events, I would feel much more at ease. I just like to believe that everything has a 'normal' explanation, without actually defining what normal is. I just dislike the idea of jumping to 'supernatural' when something is strange.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

edeholland wrote:Do you define supernatural as something that can't be explained by our scientific understanding of the world?
I think it is rather something that will never be able to be explained.
Pay more attention to detail.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Horsemen wrote:I believe that the dead can come back to life
Test it.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Jam wrote:
Horsemen wrote:I believe that the dead can come back to life
Test it.

I have already done it
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

https://imgur.com/a/8sY50nO
A "PARANORMAL" EXPERIENCE.
Witnesses- Mom and Dad - Teetotallers
A cupboard with no doors (height -200-500 cms, width -50 cms). Completely isolated. Windows beside this board are always closed. Hook- which is fixed on the wall by melting the wax/paste behind it.

Family photos (with and without frames) are below this hook. A childhood photo of mine on that hook.
DAY 1 Afternoon : Mom and Dad arrived at my home only to find out my pic on the floor like 0.5m away from the board. They again placed it on the hook.
DAY 2 Afternoon : Same stuff but now its 1.0 m away from the board.

On both of these days, the remaining photos and medals... were untouched. The hook which could fall under small impacts.. was intact. My parents thought it weird and kept it somewhere else.
Any comments that could explain me or suggest me reason behind this is appreciated. Thank you. :)
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Supernatural? No.

Things that we can't explain with science, or even comprehend with our feeble human brain power? Yes.

Things that we had better understanding of in the past, but have slowly lost connection with? Probably.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Snuden wrote:Do you? Maybe you even have a story you can share.

I'll start...

When I was 15 years old my grandfather got diagnosed with liver cancer and the doctors didn't give him more than 2-3 months before he would die. He soon got hospitalized and I went 3-4 times a week.

My gf at the time lived quite far away from me, so I had to take both train and bus to and from her place. As she was not allowed to have me spend the night with her, I often took the last train and bus for the evening.

It was pretty good timed, so when I arrived with the train, I only had to wait 5 minutes for my bus to arrive. This had been going on for more than 6 months and I had never EVER missed my bus.

One night I arrived at the bus station as usual, sat down to wait the 5 minutes for my bus to arrive, except it never arrived that night! Just as I stood up to begin walking home, a bus I have never seen before suddenly rolled in. The end station of that bus was the hospital where my grandfather was.

I thought to myself, why not go and visit the grand old man, I went on the bus, which was empty besides me. No other passengers got on or off before we reached the hospital.

My grandfather was asleep and/or pumped with morphine so I just sat with him for 10-15 minutes before I went home.

Next morning my mother called and told me that my grandfather had died during the night. Actually, as soon as the phone rang, I knew it was my mother calling to tell me about he died, I let it ring and just waited for my father to come tell me the news.

I can't take my mind off this and even though it is more than 20 years ago, I think about it almost daily.
Maybe your grandfather knew you were there and it gave him some closure on life. Afaik it's not uncommon for people to finally give in after being visited by loved ones.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Goodspeed wrote:
Snuden wrote:Do you? Maybe you even have a story you can share.

I'll start...

Maybe your grandfather knew you were there and it gave him some closure on life. Afaik it's not uncommon for people to finally give in after being visited by loved ones.

Most likely true. But the bus! Why did I miss my regular bus and why did a bus that I have never seen before come at the right moment - with it's final destination being the hospital!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That's just something that happened. Maybe it happens a couple of times a year. The only thing that gives that event significance is that your grandfather died that same night, which can be explained by what I mentioned earlier. Point being that if you had missed the bus a week later the same thing would've happened.

But of course that's all speculation and I'm sure there are other ways this can be explained.

So to answer your question, no :P
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

On a somehow related note- this YouTube channel have some interesting content from time to time https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTop5ss/videos
The narrator always remind me of Interjection.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Goodspeed wrote:That's just something that happened. Maybe it happens a couple of times a year. The only thing that gives that event significance is that your grandfather died that same night, which can be explained by what I mentioned earlier. Point being that if you had missed the bus a week later the same thing would've happened.

But of course that's all speculation and I'm sure there are other ways this can be explained.

So to answer your question, no :P

Yes, it is true (and highly likely) that my GD died that night as a result of me coming to see him (giving him closure), and not "supernatural powers" sending the bus in order for me to see him one last time.

But still... :hmm:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Yes, a friend of mine had a mischevous spririt in his workplace, they even brought in a priest to deal with the area. Apparently a depressed/drunk guy suicided there 30 years prior when the warehouse was owned by another company.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Oxymoron
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Oxyclean
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:Oxymoron

I would appreciate it if you would apologize to whoever your post was aimed at.
[Sith] - Baphomet
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

In the beginning satan and god were friends.. then once satan got worried/ felt angry when god didn't listen to human's sufferings.. So satan tried to help that human..and also went against god. So god made him look like an evil one.
So why don't we all worship the satan?
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I used to watch that show. Was good plus nothing better to watch at that time