Super power china

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Super power china

Post by n0el »

I agree, but in that sense I think the world has fundamentally changed and agree then there will likely never be a superpower in that pretext.
mad cuz bad
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

n0el wrote:I agree, but in that sense I think the world has fundamentally changed and agree then there will likely never be a superpower in that pretext.

Agreed. I'm expecting this tripolar situation to continue for quite some time.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I’ll be curious to see if India ever gets its shit together and becomes a player
mad cuz bad
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Ashvin wrote:
rsy wrote:
Ashvin wrote:You just have to take garrison in blockhouse/outpost/castle/towncenters when cav comes to raid you.

Yeah but what if they come with petards? Do u just sack the vills?

Dont be childish, petards don't exist.

Arent terrorists petards?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

It's Christmas guys, stop posting in these dumb threads please
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

n0el wrote:I’ll be curious to see if India ever gets its shit together and becomes a player

India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Amsel_ wrote:
n0el wrote:@Amsel_ don’t you think China is sort of falling into it? Especially as the US exits the stage under the current admin. China is heavily influencing the next growth region (Africa-https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/03/china-invest-60-billion-across-continent-raising-fears-new-colonialism/amp/) and now has nearly complete influence in the Far East.

Their economic expansion is impressive, but I wouldn't consider that falling into it. I'm just not a fan of these economic empires. They're so fragile. If China makes some good shows of force projection in regions where they've acquired influence then I might eat my words, but I don't see it. They still haven't gained control of the South China Sea. North Korea has been drifting away from them. The only country they have which I would really consider a proxy is Myanmar. Nearly anyone else could tell them to go away at any minute, with minimal repercussions.

When I say the U.S. fell into it, it's because they already had a world-agenda set up because of their long struggle with international communism. By the end of the world war they had the military and political capital of a country fighting a world war, but had no real enemies. Typically countries will adopt certain ideals to fill this sort of vacuum. Historically it was an Imperial, pseudo-religious ideal. Lately nations have taken to more temporal ideals, such as every country being a democracy. That's what the United States adopted, and it worked well because it was somewhat similar to the ideological reasoning for the fight against communism. Even today - when nearly everyone is sick of these wars - the media still randomly calls world leaders "dictators" and it kind of works at preventing any sympathy towards them. I don't think China has one of these driving ideals. They're almost completely focused on economics. I don't see them finding justification for non-economic expansionism.

China has overpowered the USA IN terms of PPP, and their economic growth shows they will overcome the USA soon. India is close behind
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

TNT333 wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
n0el wrote:@Amsel_ don’t you think China is sort of falling into it? Especially as the US exits the stage under the current admin. China is heavily influencing the next growth region (Africa-https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/03/china-invest-60-billion-across-continent-raising-fears-new-colonialism/amp/) and now has nearly complete influence in the Far East.

Their economic expansion is impressive, but I wouldn't consider that falling into it. I'm just not a fan of these economic empires. They're so fragile. If China makes some good shows of force projection in regions where they've acquired influence then I might eat my words, but I don't see it. They still haven't gained control of the South China Sea. North Korea has been drifting away from them. The only country they have which I would really consider a proxy is Myanmar. Nearly anyone else could tell them to go away at any minute, with minimal repercussions.

When I say the U.S. fell into it, it's because they already had a world-agenda set up because of their long struggle with international communism. By the end of the world war they had the military and political capital of a country fighting a world war, but had no real enemies. Typically countries will adopt certain ideals to fill this sort of vacuum. Historically it was an Imperial, pseudo-religious ideal. Lately nations have taken to more temporal ideals, such as every country being a democracy. That's what the United States adopted, and it worked well because it was somewhat similar to the ideological reasoning for the fight against communism. Even today - when nearly everyone is sick of these wars - the media still randomly calls world leaders "dictators" and it kind of works at preventing any sympathy towards them. I don't think China has one of these driving ideals. They're almost completely focused on economics. I don't see them finding justification for non-economic expansionism.

China has overpowered the USA IN terms of PPP, and their economic growth shows they will overcome the USA soon. India is close behind

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: