US stock marked plummet, whats is going on?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

US stock marked plummet, whats is going on?

Post by spanky4ever »

The stock market had the worst week since the great depression. And what does that mean for Trump? I mean, his only good card on hand, was him saying that the Economy is super, never better ;) The good warmth from pissing in your pants from stock buyback is over, - (it's getting very cold now ;) )and the stimulus of giving tax cuts for the rich, is OVER. And what did the American ppl gain from this? And what will happen now?
https://youtu.be/l_J4Y3JYvrY
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: US stock marked plummet, whats is going on?

Post by spanky4ever »

Is this the last nail in Trump coffin? How can he survive with even his Defence Secretary Mattis leaving the sinking ship now, because Trump decided to leave Syria, after a call from Erdogan. Now the Turks will soon have a free pass to attack the Kurds (the real boots on the ground for defeating ISIS - what a stab backing Turd.
https://youtu.be/yBHWIYJ2u0M

Could this mean a hot war between Turkey and Kurds?
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

It's a good time to buy it seems
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Horsemen wrote:It's a good time to buy it seems

go ahead then, if you have trust in this :unsure:
I would be really careful, but if you do so, please tell me how much you gained, by July next year, and make my prediction that the house of cards are coming down, flawed :huh: (or fake news ;) )
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The question isnt if there will be a new financial crisis, but when. Any negative disruption has the potential to make the economy collapse.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

you are right @momuuu and I think we have seen a lot of them recently. When the stock market drops another 10%, will the Republicans still support the Clown? that is another big question of mine. The BIG question though, is how will this affect the global economy - like you and me :idea:
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

Well there are indicators for a global depression. It is not an american phenonem. I really would not buy right now, they will fall even more. Right now it is just a small sign about what really will come.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nothing of value was lost. These stock market valuations are so inflated and artificial, their decline is equally artificial.

The US Fed has been pumping free money in the system during the last decade, which propped up the US economy and kept their fantasy alive.
Now that the Fed is pulling out and increasing interest rates, investors are starting to come back to planet earth.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

You shouldnt try to explain recessions. They are part of how economy works, no president can really change that. Just accept and suffer, like the rest of the world.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This is not a regular recession, it's the same systemic problems that were supposedly solved by years of "accomodative policy" (near-zero credit) courtesy of the US Fed.
The US economy is built on a monetarist fantasy, it doesn't operate in the real world. It's all based on financial and monetarist make-believe. It's supposed to create a collective "feelgood" sensation for all the market participants, enough to keep that fantasy of "perpetual growth" alive. And when reality strikes back (aka, "recession"), whoops, we need to stimulate the economy with some more free money.

Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

iwillspankyou wrote:

I would be really careful, but if you do so, please tell me how much you gained, by July next year, and make my prediction that the house of cards are coming down, flawed :huh: (or fake news ;) )

Why does it matter to me how much I gain by July next year? I invest for the long term.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Horsemen wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

Why does it matter to me how much I gain by July next year? I invest for the long term.

Good luck to you then- Investing for the long run is stupid if you do not go out before the real plummet :lol: and reinvest when the market is going up, again - who knows how long that will take? It is a gamble, but I would not play with my life savings on this one :?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I would forecast that the Donald is pretty much done for. The eco is no longer his strong card, and everything else is going wrong. How long for his base and the Republican Senate to say; we had it with him. Not long :idea:
one week, 2 weeks, who knows :?: :?: :?:
what happens to eco after they dump the Trump? (crazy - demented, corrupted dude?)
Soon, anything preventing Drump from going to jail is his doctor saying he is suffering from Alzheimer/dementia. And then every politician in power will say, I knew it, I told you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://youtu.be/BNDUNkwe-6M
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Horsemen wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Good luck to you then- Investing for the long run is stupid if you do not go out before the real plummet :lol: and reinvest when the market is going up, again - who knows how long that will take? It is a gamble, but I would not play with my life savings on this one :?

That's why you invest gradually over a period of months / years instead of at a single point in time.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

How low can it go really?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

PeachTree wrote:How low can it go really?

The lowest it can go is being nonexistant after the communist revolution has been completed.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

well
Attachments
dow jones.PNG
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

PeachTree wrote:How low can it go really?

As low as your IQ probably.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Im hoping it doesnt go below 20k
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

PeachTree wrote:Im hoping it doesnt go below 20k

It's well on the way... 21

Meanwhile I still fag around with crypto. :biggrin:
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

CUT MY LIFE (savings) INTO PIECES.

But seriously. I'm not too concerned. There's plenty of news that would explain this downturn: rate hikes, trade concerns, political instability (both Trump's cabinet chaos and the democrats who are perfectly fine with a prolonged shutdown so long as they don't have to compromise on their politics), quite a few company-specific scandals too. But spending and lending have both been rising. I don't think the economy itself is having any troubles. This is just a speculative issue. It's like if you have a sports car that's making a weird noise. Some people are going to think the engine is a dud and laugh at the person who bought the car; others are going to see the potato in the tail pipe.

We've been afraid of a recession for the past year now. I think this bearish tone has been giving us natural corrections over the slightest of things. People aren't acting like they do just before a bubble-pop or whatever. They're still risk-adverse. So fundamentally I think the economy is going strong, and it will recover shortly. Though, I do hope the next congress takes this as a sign to pass more infrastructure and/or tax-cuts to stimulate the economy further. There's still a lot of room for growth.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Amsel_ wrote:democrats who are perfectly fine with a prolonged shutdown so long as they don't have to compromise on their politics

"I'm proud to shut down the government" - the Republican president
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Amsel_ wrote:CUT MY LIFE (savings) INTO PIECES.

But seriously. I'm not too concerned. There's plenty of news that would explain this downturn: rate hikes, trade concerns, political instability (both Trump's cabinet chaos and the democrats who are perfectly fine with a prolonged shutdown so long as they don't have to compromise on their politics), quite a few company-specific scandals too. But spending and lending have both been rising. I don't think the economy itself is having any troubles. This is just a speculative issue. It's like if you have a sports car that's making a weird noise. Some people are going to think the engine is a dud and laugh at the person who bought the car; others are going to see the potato in the tail pipe.

We've been afraid of a recession for the past year now. I think this bearish tone has been giving us natural corrections over the slightest of things. People aren't acting like they do just before a bubble-pop or whatever. They're still risk-adverse. So fundamentally I think the economy is going strong, and it will recover shortly. Though, I do hope the next congress takes this as a sign to pass more infrastructure and/or tax-cuts to stimulate the economy further. There's still a lot of room for growth.

Stage: Denial.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

umeu wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:CUT MY LIFE (savings) INTO PIECES.

Stage: Denial.

I've had people say stuff like this every single time the DOW went down by 500-1000 points. They always disappeared when it went back up. These people tend to forget that there needs to be an actual cause for a recession. What sector of the economy is struggling? If you can't find anything, then this is just a temporary speculative issue. We've been having these "imminent recession" drops for over a year now; you'd think people would catch on.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

It's always funny when people try to rationalize the inherently irrational. It can go up, down or sideways!