US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: 2020 Democratic Primary

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:Hurrrrrr, support Biden, cause he's gonna replace meanie Trump.

There, I made your favourite and only point you're making in every post.

It's spelled "favorite"
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

iwillspankyou wrote:The current administration wants to turn over the Venezuela elected government, Next is Iran, North Korea, then China, and finally Russia. I bet an administration with Biden would go along with that.

I hope so.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I like reading the discourse in this thread
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Biden should win easily. Since trump is very solidly far right Biden can position himself as a left leaning centrist which is going to be much more appealing to moderates and independents. It won't hurt the turnout from the far left either because they despise Trump so much they'll vote for whoever the democratic nominee is. That's what Biden will have going for him that Hillary didn't. Many left leaning people didn't go out and vote for Hillary because they didn't even consider trump getting elected a possibility. That mistake won't be made again.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

gibson wrote:Biden should win easily. Since trump is very solidly far right Biden can position himself as a left leaning centrist which is going to be much more appealing to moderates and independents. It won't hurt the turnout from the far left either because they despise Trump so much they'll vote for whoever the democratic nominee is. That's what Biden will have going for him that Hillary didn't. Many left leaning people didn't go out and vote for Hillary because they didn't even consider trump getting elected a possibility. That mistake won't be made again.

There is at least one basement member who shall remain unnamed that voting Jill Stein despite living in Pennsylvania and he has promised he won't repeat that same mistake
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think if Mike Pence ran, he would beat both Trump and Biden.

He's a nice guy, so bleeding heart liberals wouldn't have anything against him either. And Republicunts would appreciate his conservative family values.

And he doesn't have that shady, molester vibe like Biden, he's a respectable family man.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:It's spelled "favorite"

Nah, it's "favourite" because it sounds more British, so more colonial and oppressive and that's good.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:It's spelled "favorite"

Nah, it's "favourite" because it sounds more British, so more colonial and oppressive and that's good.

That's not how British people spell it
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:I think if Mike Pence ran, he would beat both Trump and Biden.

He's a nice guy, so bleeding heart liberals wouldn't have anything against him either. And Republicunts would appreciate his conservative family values.

And he doesn't have that shady, molester vibe like Biden, he's a respectable family man.
No. As much as liberals harp on trump if we take away his personality and just objectively look at his two years of presidency he hasn't been the worst president ever by a long shot. It hesitate to even say he's terrible. Mike pence on the other hand would be. He's very conservative on social issues which is a huge red flag to everyone who isn't far right. Id take trump as president over pence in a heart beat and so would just about everyone else.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Really makes you think what kind of times we are living if the concept of traditional family is seen as a red flag for extremism...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:Image

Really makes you think what kind of times we are living if the concept of traditional family is seen as a red flag for extremism...
Yes thats exactly what I said. Anyone with a traditional family is a right wing extremist. If you had a quarter of the knowledge you pretend to have you would already know that Mike Pence is crazy and would have no chance of winning but no lets act like a dumbass instead.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

You wrote:
gibson wrote:He's very conservative on social issues which is a huge red flag to everyone who isn't far right.
How is being very conservative on social issues a red flag for everyone who isn't far right? Does being socially conservative indicate someone might be far right? Is being socially conservative a sign of abnormality now?

Because this is what your own arguments are implying, you bioluminescent descendant of African apes.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:You wrote:
gibson wrote:He's very conservative on social issues which is a huge red flag to everyone who isn't far right.
How is being very conservative on social issues a red flag for everyone who isn't far right? Does being socially conservative indicate someone might be far right? Is being socially conservative a sign of abnormality now?

Because this is what your own arguments are implying, you bioluminescent descendant of African apes.
Because conservative on social issues equals anti abortion, anti gay marriage, pro conversion therapy,anti science etc. I'm sorry I should have clarified that I can see how it could be confusing and socially conservative probably wasn't the most accurate terminology.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Impartiolan, al rescate!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gibson wrote:Because conservative on social issues equals anti abortion, anti gay marriage, pro conversion therapy,anti science etc. I'm sorry I should have clarified that I can see how it could be confusing and socially conservative probably wasn't the most accurate terminology.

Abortion is still highly regulated or even banned in some European countries too. It was mostly banned in Ireland until December last year, when they had a referendum. It's still illegal in Malta. It's highly regulated in Poland, where abortions are only allowed in some cases (foetus is a threat to mother's life, pregnancy is the result of rape, foetus is malformed, etc). Looking at this table (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_ ... ional_laws) it seems most countries do not allow abortions performed as an ordinary medical service.
Gay marriage is not allowed in probably most countries on the planet. There's like only a handful of them which allow it.
Conversion therapy is not even banned in the USA, let alone the rest of the world.
Anti-science stance is typical of many religious communities.

So, I dunno, it seems that many of these issues supported by Pence are the status quo in most countries on the planet. I mean, it doesn't seem like these are typical far right or extremist attitudes, if so many countries, including European ones, support them.
Maybe Pence is not electable, I've no idea, but I've yet to see evidence that the issues he supports wouldn't have a majority of supporters in the USA too.

People still seem to be under the impression that the world can only go in one direction: more and more progressivism. It can go in any direction.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

umeu wrote:Impartiolan, al rescate!

Do you think I'm supporting Mike Pence? Lmao. :lol:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:
umeu wrote:Impartiolan, al rescate!

Do you think I'm supporting Mike Pence? Lmao. :lol:

I'm impressed by your power of deduction. It's like you produce conclusions out of thin air!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:Really makes you think what kind of times we are living if the concept of traditional family is seen as a red flag for extremism...
Do you really think that the concept of a "traditional" family is seen as extremism?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

gibson wrote:
Dolan wrote:You wrote:

Because conservative on social issues equals anti abortion, anti gay marriage, pro conversion therapy,anti science etc. I'm sorry I should have clarified that I can see how it could be confusing and socially conservative probably wasn't the most accurate terminology.

Being against transgender rights is anti-science now? Transgenderism is the epitome of anti-science and society will collapse under this degeneracy. Trump 2020!
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Dolan wrote:I think if Mike Pence ran, he would beat both Trump and Biden.

I hope he runs. Would be a slaughter for R's across the board. He couldn't even have won his re-elect for governor in a solid red state.
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Being against transgender rights is anti-science now? Transgenderism is the epitome of anti-science and society will collapse under this degeneracy. Trump 2020!
believing in creationism is anti science. Being against transgender rights is just being an asshole.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

It's antidemocratic.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The chinese are based and redpilled.

Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

rudepill
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Guys,

It's OK to let discussions get a little heated, but please be respectful to each other.

And no gender assumptions please!
[Sith] - Baphomet