US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: 2020 Democratic Primary

Post by deleted_user0 »

bramboy.JPG
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
bramboy.JPG
Lol be nice to bram
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

BRAMBOY MAGA 2020
mad cuz bad
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

funny thread
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:
Dolan wrote:Really makes you think what kind of times we are living if the concept of traditional family is seen as a red flag for extremism...
Do you really think that the concept of a "traditional" family is seen as extremism?

Well, that's what gibson implied. Later he backpedalled.
He implied that Pence appeals to the far right because of his conservative values. I mean, sure, you could think that it's weird for someone to hold such values in the 21st century, because that's what we've been habituated to think by the media et al, but if you put things in perspective, it's weird that someone would be shamed because he holds conservative values. I would understand if they were supporters of something completely cretinous like the Nazi Generalplan Ost, then you could indeed call them far right. But simply supporting a conservative outlook on life, such as maintaining the traditional nuclear family and traditional gender roles doesn't quite sound like arguing in favour of genocide.
People have simply lost their compass and just throw around labels without thinking things through first.

And I'm not saying all this because I subscribe to Mike Pence's point of view. I found it weird that he would get bashed for something that isn't even an extremist point of view.

n0el wrote:
Dolan wrote:I think if Mike Pence ran, he would beat both Trump and Biden.

He's a nice guy, so bleeding heart liberals wouldn't have anything against him either. And Republicunts would appreciate his conservative family values.

And he doesn't have that shady, molester vibe like Biden, he's a respectable family man.

I hope he runs. Would be a slaughter for R's across the board. He couldn't even have won his re-elect for governor in a solid red state.

I don't know, everyone was also 100% sure Trump would never win the presidency. And yet he did. I guess the US electoral system makes things a lot less predictable, because it's not simply based on the result of the popular vote.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gibson wrote:believing in creationism is anti science. Being against transgender rights is just being an asshole.

Believing in creationism is just a sign of self delusion and maybe low IQ. Or both.

But transsexualism is still officially a mental illness, it's a diagnostic called "gender dysphoria" in the manual used by professionals from all over the world. Why would someone who is classified as mentally ill get any special rights like their own bathrooms or get promoted in the media just because they have a particular mental illness? Seems like we have our priorities upside down.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:Why would someone who is classified as mentally ill get any special rights like their own bathrooms

Yeah I'm also outraged by building owners being forced to build special "trans" bathrooms, which trans people are clearly demanding. The whole controversy is based on the fact that they want their own, seperate bathrooms. I'm glad you understand this basic fact
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:
gibson wrote:believing in creationism is anti science. Being against transgender rights is just being an asshole.

Believing in creationism is just a sign of self delusion and maybe low IQ. Or both.

But transsexualism is still officially a mental illness, it's a diagnostic called "gender dysphoria" in the manual used by professionals from all over the world. Why would someone who is classified as mentally ill get any special rights like their own bathrooms or get promoted in the media just because they have a particular mental illness? Seems like we have our priorities upside down.
It's not about giving them special rights its about treating them the same, which Mike Pence believes they shouldn't be treated the same.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@gibson You clearly don't understand how trans people want their own special bathrooms. Dolan understands this which is why it's worth engaging with him in good faith
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

@Dolan Trump is popular because of two reasons that Pence can not replicate. Strong personality and populist economic message. Pence is a weird religious zealot who only serves to lock in the Evangelical vote for Trump.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

n0el wrote:@Dolan Trump is popular because of two reasons that Pence can not replicate. Strong personality and populist economic message. Pence is a weird religious zealot who only serves to lock in the Evangelical vote for Trump.

Trumps isn't popular
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

he was more popular than Clinton where it counted.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

He was less popular than Clinton who was already pretty unpopular. He remains quite unpopular
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:He was less popular than Clinton who was already pretty unpopular. He remains quite unpopular

Still in denial.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

About what, exactly?
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Why Trump won
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

If you think I'm skeptical that Trump was more popular than Clinton than yes, I am
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

kami_ryu wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:If you think I'm skeptical that Trump was more popular than Clinton than yes, I am

lmao I'm not. and CO is a blue state.

She got more votes than him
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

I said where it counted. Where he WON. Not in California or New York where Clinton racked up her popular vote advantage.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

You started by saying Trump is popular. Among Republicans he is but generally he is not, despite the economy
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:You started by saying Trump is popular. Among Republicans he is but generally he is not, despite the economy

It was in context against Pence.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

n0el wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:You started by saying Trump is popular. Among Republicans he is but generally he is not, despite the economy

It was in context against Pence.

Has there been any polling of Pence vs. Trump/potential Democratic nominees?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:

Oh, like those physically sick people in wheelchairs who don't get special bathrooms?

Just before you go off on some other delusional tangent full of assumptions, take a moment for a deep breath, then consider that your argument is flawed. Your conclusion doesn't follow from your premise. Not saying that they need, "deserve" or ought to have special bathrooms, but nothing you said even remotely proves that they don't.

Impartiolannnn, el rescate!