US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: 2020 Democratic Primary

Post by Dolan »

I'd settle for just curing cancers, neurodegen diseases and having a sleeping helmet, tbh.
As a starting point, at least.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

I just don't know about Biden's China stance, though. His recent comments are worrying.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This tough stance on China wasn't something that Trump initiated, it began with Obama. The TTP was part of Obama's administration plan to contain China.

I expect it will continue to be policy, no matter which president comes into office.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

gibson wrote:Iv decided I'm going all in on Biden. He's the most electable Democrat we've seen since Obama and that's the most important thing. Who knows, I might even vote for him.

Vote for Bernie
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

evilcheadar wrote:
bobabu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Let's just smoke a peace pipe

Zoomhack?

You can't become president without zoomhack
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

bobabu wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Zoomhack?

You can't become president without zoomhack
Gerrymandering is maphack. :hmm:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

iwillspankyou wrote:My pc is rekt. Se u much later.

Youtube quick fixes are awesome :love:, and my desktop is once again communicating with the monitors.
I'm super relieved :grin:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

can "dignity" and "moral" fill your belly, or heal you? Can that stop USA wars, all over the earth? Does that do anything about Climate Change? I mean, there are so many urgent tasks at hand, and I cannot find him saying anything
I'm so surprised, in fact, how this emptiness and platitudes can have so many American supporting it? But then again, I do not really trust the polls that have come out recently.
So Hillary lost vs Trump, and now Biden tried the same concept. Amazing stuff :cry: Biden want to go back to what you had before Trump got elected, and doesn't seem to reflect on that was actually what got Trump elected in the first place. :!:
I mean, its probably good news for the elites and the establishment, but it was not those ppl who turned the 2016 election to favor Trump, instead of Hillary. Remember, she also ran on conserving everything as is, while so many Americans really cannot stand the status quo.

When I google Biden and his policies, I can find many good things he said in the past years, but I really have not heard him say anything about those after announcing that he is "Running". Maybe some of you have more info than me on this?
I just cannot see him saying anything, I mean ANYTHING except that he doesn't like racism and the alt-right. That will not do, and I am anticipating more info before I can say how I will perceive him. I have been asked @fightinfrenchman if I would prefer Trump over Biden. I mean, I think I have been pretty clear, and saying that any of the Dems would be preferred over Trump :ear: [size=50](Being asked about this, feels kind of insulting, after 70 pages in this thread)[/size]

As of now, I am concerned about his collection money, where he shouldn't, tbh.
https://youtu.be/jQkGeX_4AKE
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Will respond to some of those points later tonight but for now I just have this
Attachments
31avbukmkex21.png
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I know you did not make that, @fightinfrenchman, but I guess you posted it as being a reflection of what you think :idea: . You will probably never respond to what you mean by "lawful evil" or "neutral evil", but those 2 candidates, are my favorites, Go, Sanders, and Gabbard :love: :love:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

btw, It could seem like the goalpost of running, has been moved by ALOT, it used to be 60.000 individual donations, but suddenly DNC has moved it to 100.000 individual donations. I wonder why? Is it to narrow down the ppl running, or keeping someones they find "annoying" out?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It does say "The neoliberal corporate shill's guide"
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:It does say "The neoliberal corporate shill's guide"

It does, I guess I missed the headline :oops:
:lol:
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

so basically the Ear made it.
mad cuz bad
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

n0el wrote:

:P the strange thing is that Goodspeed is starting to look like one of those "neo-liberals" as well. I could be wrong (I mean, I hope I am wrong) :cry:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

No I don't agree with it just thought it was funny, Bernie isn't evil. Gabbard though...
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:No I don't agree with it just thought it was funny, Bernie isn't evil. Gabbard though...

spell it out, it will help you :P Dont let it choke you
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Tbh I think Gabbard could have a good run if she can get to the debates. But as I said, the goal posts are moved, from 60000 to 100000, and I would guess there are some shenanigans there, to keep her out. It will not work though, cos Tulsie Gabbard is getting her own supporter base, online and everywhere else. Hell, even some Republicans are supporting her for her wish to pull the USA out of wars.
She should be the DNC best choice then, cos she can unit ppl to stop wars, and use taxpayers money to invest in the USA. Quite popular :P
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Will respond to some of those points later tonight but for now I just have this

He watched too much CNN
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:No I don't agree with it just thought it was funny, Bernie isn't evil. Gabbard though...

He thinks Elisabeth Warren has policies but he didn't attend macroeconomics 101. You can see the same understanding of macroeconomics in his age of empires 3 macro.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

bobabu wrote:

He thinks Elisabeth Warren has policies but he didn't attend macroeconomics 101. You can see the same understanding of macroeconomics in his age of empires 3 macro.

I guess I would suck easily as hard as the frenshy :P
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

could be a though, me vs Frenchy on the patch ;) noob contests are fun ;) no :?:
lol
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:
n0el wrote:

:P the strange thing is that Goodspeed is starting to look like one of those "neo-liberals" as well. I could be wrong (I mean, I hope I am wrong) :cry:
Just because I don't think Sanders is the best 2020 candidate? Just like that? I have explained why I prefer Pete multiple times, and it has nothing to do with policy. If you still don't understand I guess you're never going to, but I have to mention that your apparent intolerance for anyone who isn't enamored by Sanders is exactly why I don't think he is the right candidate for 2020. He has a somewhat toxic cult following, and moderates won't flock to him. He will divide voters, not unite them. As you can see, he's even dividing would-be democratic voters. To be fair that's not really his fault, and my issue is not with him. He's a great politician, and I still agree with him on almost everything, but 2020 is not his year.

The only thing Ear has ever done to you is not like Sanders. And the only thing I ever did was not prefer him for 2020. And you've attacked our moral values at every opportunity.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Just because I don't think Sanders is the best 2020 candidate? Just like that? I have explained why I prefer Pete multiple times, and it has nothing to do with policy. If you still don't understand I guess you're never going to, but I have to mention that your apparent intolerance for anyone who isn't enamored by Sanders is exactly why I don't think he is the right candidate for 2020. He has a somewhat toxic cult following, and moderates won't flock to him. He will divide voters, not unite them. As you can see, he's even dividing would-be democratic voters. To be fair that's not really his fault, and my issue is not with him. He's a great politician, and I still agree with him on almost everything, but 2020 is not his year.

The only thing Ear has ever done is not like Sanders. And the only thing I ever did was not prefer him for 2020. And you've attacked our morality at every opportunity.

you could be right, but I hope you are wrong, for some sanity in this world. And I really cannot see how Sanders created "toxicity" at all. If you buy the "Bernie Broes" I get it, but I really did not think you would.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

The next Potus will decide if the USA will go to war with China, Russia, and that should be on the ballot. I have no doubt that Biden will be warmongering, and I have no doubt that Sanders, Gabbard or even Warren, would be against useless wars overseas.
I would listen carefully to Biden's speeches, and I fear he would further Obama's wars, all over the freaking globe.