US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Re: 2020 Democratic Primary

Post by Googol »

iwillspankyou wrote:The next Potus will decide if the USA will go to war with China, Russia, and that should be on the ballot. I have no doubt that Biden will be warmongering, and I have no doubt that Sanders, Gabbard or even Warren, would be against useless wars overseas.
I would listen carefully to Biden's speeches, and I fear he would further Obama's wars, all over the freaking globe.

Why would the USA go to war with Russia and China? That's suicide.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

yeah I guess, but have you been following the USA "news" lately? its really crazy shit going on https://youtu.be/eqf6xtv8kD8

This is 3 years of Russia, Russia, propping up the scare, propping up a war with Russia. And this crazy person, and she is NO 1 in USA
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@Googol

Because the world must be working according to mah simplistic analysis made based on reading tidbits from online media.

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@spanky4ever

Wait wtf. What exactly are you saying: is Trump promoting Russia's point of view or is he trying to get a war with Russia? It's not very clear from what you wrote.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:@spanky4ever

Wait wtf. What exactly are you saying: is Trump promoting Russia's point of view or is he trying to get a war with Russia? It's not very clear from what you wrote.

you figure it out, I am sure. :P
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

War between superpowers is fought with sanctions and tariffs, and it's already going on.
The only potential military war is with Iran.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@spanky4ever

What would a war with Russia achieve? Is a war with Russia even possible? At what cost and for what gains? Maybe you should ask yourself this first.

I could see a war with China over what's happening in the South China Sea and with North Korea, maybe. Or with Iran. Although, Trump has been loath so far to engage in any overseas wars, because he promised his electorate not to do that. It's one of the reasons why he (partially) pulled out of Syria, baffling everyone else involved there. That doesn't quite sound like someone who has an appetite for warmongering.

And well, his latest sabre rattling versus Iran has more to do with his body-and-soul dedication to defending Israel and their interests at any costs.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:War between superpowers is fought with sanctions and tariffs, and it's already going on.

should not forget Venezuela.
But going to war with Iran is the short goal. You are disappointing me if you do not see the long goal here. But then again, I guess we do not see eye to eye about "things". The long goal is China, cos they are annoying, and their competitors about trade will make the USA no 2, in a short time. The only thing the USA can compete with, it ARMS, and I think they will.
you should also bear in mind, that most wars started with trade wars.

Now Russia and China are starting to work more closely together, cos they know the Hazzard of USA. There is actually no way the USA can win this, without total destruction of us all. That can hardly be named a "win" :uglylol:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The USA doesn't need to go to war with China to throw a wrench in the works of the Chinese economy, because China depends a lot more on trade for getting economic growth than the USA does.

What is happening right now is an all-out effort by the US administration to make sure China will break its legs economically and will not be able to spread its tentacles around the world, engulfing the USA's allies in their technological reach. Because if they manage to do that, the USA might lose any influence it has in the Pacific. China is investing massively in building its military capabilities (especially naval ones) and the USA obviously sees where this game is going.

Which is why I find Trump's lashing at EU allies a bit odd. Alienating your only major ally block on the planet won't help you when China and Russia will ally against you. There's some degree of over-confidence here.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:War between superpowers is fought with sanctions and tariffs, and it's already going on.

But going to war with Iran is the short goal. You are disappointing me if you do not see the long goal here. But then again, I guess we do not see eye to eye about "things". The long goal is China, cos they are annoying, and their competitors about trade will make the USA no 2, in a short time. The only thing the USA can compete with, it ARMS, and I think they will.

Now Russia and China are starting to work more closely together, cos they know the Hazzard of USA. There is actually no way the USA can win this, without total destruction of us all. That can hardly be named a "win" :uglylol:
The goal is a war with China?? That's just crazy talk
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

The goal is a war with China?? That's just crazy talk

you should pay more attention to where USA are posting their military bases now. It's not crazy thinking, I really think it's their long goal.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I guess we can't all be privy to top secret US intelligence. Glad we have you to inform us :dry:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:I guess we can't all be privy to top secret US intelligence. Glad we have you to inform us :dry:

As I said, most wars start with trade, and the USA has been building military bases all around China - for a long time.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I guess we can't all be privy to top secret US intelligence. Glad we have you to inform us :dry:

As I said, most wars start with trade, and the USA has been building military bases all around China - for a long time.

Well it's good to contain them
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think you got the cause and effect mixed up here. The USA is not starting a trade war with China because it wants a military war with China. It's starting a trade war to make sure they cripple China's growth and weaken their military ambitions, especially in the Pacific.

I am getting the impression I am talking to walls here.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah and?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Why would they use such delicate measures with China, like trade sanctions, if the USA wants a war with China? Why not simply declare war? If they're building bases around China because they want to invade, why use trade wars? You could just invade, by your own logic.

I mean, you already have military bases around them, why not just invade right now? What are you waiting for? Why play around like a cat with a mouse, with shitty trade sanctions, when you could just invade right now? If that's what your real purpose is.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

It does not make much sense to me, military conflict between those countries would result in armageddon, and if we say the nuclear wepaons are not involved i find it very unrealistic that the US would be able to launch an land invasion into China. Considering that they would get massivelly outnumbered too. And dont even get me started on geographical disandvantages + logistics in the region to support such an invasion. Trade conflict makes more sense, in order to stagnate Chinas growth and secure the Pacific as much as possible as Dolan stated.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:I think you got the cause and effect mixed up here. The USA is not starting a trade war with China because it wants a military war with China. It's starting a trade war to make sure they cripple China's growth and weaken their military ambitions, especially in the Pacific.

I am getting the impression I am talking to walls here.

As far as I know, there is no Chinese Military bases surrounding USA, so they should not be threatened. But I think China feels a treath, to eco and military. So now, China is making bigger bombs, and they are also building their 3rd aircraft carrier. I know its mind-boggling, but you should not be fooled. The military bases should tell you what is going on
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@Googol

Yeah, that's their real long term game. They just want to make sure China will simply have less money to build its military capabilities. And of course, when you cripple someone's economy, their population starts fidgeting and you could possibly also get some popular protests.

Better just tighten the screw around them and play a long war of economic attrition than just throw yourself like a kamikaze on their territory and hope for the best.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:As far as I know, there is no Chinese Military bases surrounding USA, so they should not be threatened. But I think China feels a treath, to eco and military. So now, China is making bigger bombs, and they are also building their 3rd aircraft carrier. I know its mind-boggling, but you should not be fooled. The military bases should tell you what is going on

What is going on is that the USA has long ago realised that if they don't do anything to stop China's continuous economic ascension, they will end up being the second fiddle in the world. China will use the gains from its economic growth to continue to arm itself, until they will have uncontested dominion in the Pacific. And obviously, the USA doesn't want that, since that area includes some of its allies too (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan).

If they don't do anything to stop this, they will one day wake up and see that China has invaded Taiwan. And that will be just the beggining, just a token military gesture to prove Washington they no longer fear the USA's response.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:As far as I know, there is no Chinese Military bases surrounding USA, so they should not be threatened. But I think China feels a treath, to eco and military. So now, China is making bigger bombs, and they are also building their 3rd aircraft carrier. I know its mind-boggling, but you should not be fooled. The military bases should tell you what is going on

What is going on is that the USA has long ago realised that if they don't do anything to stop China's continuous economic ascension, they will end up being the second fiddle in the world. China will use the gains from its economic growth to continue to arm itself, until they will have uncontested dominion in the Pacific. And obviously, the USA doesn't want that, since that area includes some of its allies too (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan).

If they don't do anything to stop this, they will one day wake up and see that China has invaded Taiwan. And that will be just the beginning, just a token military gesture to prove Washington they no longer fear the USA's response.

I would say that is pure paranoia;
Saying If the Chinese are getting as powerful as we (USA) are, they will be just as prone to rage wars all over the planed, for their own benefits.

I mean, in stead, It could be possible to think of many big nations, that want to trade with each other, in order to gain goods for everyone, It could be possible that it does not take wars, and that ONE should be in power over everyone else.
As far as I know, Chinese companies are making deals in Africa, on very different terms than USA government do for their Big Corp. I will not say more, cos you can google it yourself if you are interested.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Didn't you just argue the USA wants to go to war with China?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:Didn't you just argue the USA wants to go to war with China?

I think that is the end game, yes. I have a hard time explaining their military presence, surrounding China is this way, in other terms.