US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: 2020 Democratic Primary

Post by spanky4ever »

gibson wrote:Everybody join the yang gang with me

I see you like him, in a few posts now, but could you explain to us what is so good about that particular candidate? I do not know him very well.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iwillspankyou wrote:
gibson wrote:Everybody join the yang gang with me

I see you like him, in a few posts now, but could you explain to us what is so good about that particular candidate? I do not know him very well.
his big 3 things are Medicare for all, a basic universal income for all, and making some changes to capitalism to help the poor, but you can find more about him on his website
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

fightinfrenchman wrote:The right is not well

I don't really think a neo-Nazi cartoonist is representative of "the right."
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

lejend wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:The right is not well

I don't really think a neo-Nazi cartoonist is representative of "the right."

I would beg to differ
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

So many candidates who say they want medicare for all @Gigson but when you peal off the layers, there is actually only 2 candidates who are REALLY for medicare for all, and that is Sanders and Gabbard (as far as I can assess it). The basic universal income is maybe something we have to adjust to in the future, but as of now, we should rather be building for the future, and that will take a lot of manpower.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Woow, spanky is a neoliberal shill who refuses to pay a fair wage to poor Midwesterners displaced by automation
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Woow, spanky is a neoliberal shill who refuses to pay a fair wage to poor Midwesterners displaced by automation
I have no clue of what you are pointing to, and I couldn't care less.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I just had an interesting experience. My parents had 3 kids, who were visiting the us via a cultural experience program run by the Tennessee state department, stay at their house for two days. One from Palestine, one from Egypt, and one from Kuwait. I told my parents no this wonā€™t work @Dolan told me that people from other cultures donā€™t get along with each other, he knows this because people from different cultures have slightly different reactions to pain. However they ignored me, low and behold these 3 17 year olds from different cultures and different religions all got along just fine with my 17 year old brother. I was shocked. They played video games together, went to the pool, played basketball and there was little to no conflict. Itā€™s almost as if people from different backgrounds and cultures can get along just fine with each other. Amazing!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iwillspankyou wrote:So many candidates who say they want medicare for all @Gigson but when you peal off the layers, there is actually only 2 candidates who are REALLY for medicare for all, and that is Sanders and Gabbard (as far as I can assess it).
I donā€™t think this is correct

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/medicare-for-all/
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@spanky4ever He didn't meet the requirements. It's not rigged, it just doesn't matter at all. He isn't a real candidate. At least support Sanders, who is a legitimate candidate
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@spanky4ever He didn't meet the requirements. It's not rigged, it just doesn't matter at all. He isn't a real candidate. At least support Sanders, who is a legitimate candidate

His message is important, NO MORE WARS, and I would like to see him in those debates. He is an old man, but it was actually very young ppl who wanted him to "run", and they are working very hard to get the individual donations for him to get on that stage. They got the goal. but then he was excluded because he was not polled. That is very strange, and it means that nobody else will be included now I guess.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gibson wrote:I just had an interesting experience. My parents had 3 kids, who were visiting the us via a cultural experience program run by the Tennessee state department, stay at their house for two days. One from Palestine, one from Egypt, and one from Kuwait. I told my parents no this wonā€™t work @Dolan told me that people from other cultures donā€™t get along with each other, he knows this because people from different cultures have slightly different reactions to pain. However they ignored me, low and behold these 3 17 year olds from different cultures and different religions all got along just fine with my 17 year old brother. I was shocked. They played video games together, went to the pool, played basketball and there was little to no conflict. Itā€™s almost as if people from different backgrounds and cultures can get along just fine with each other. Amazing!

I did not claim this anywhere, though. The fact that this is what you understood from what I wrote shows how rudimentary your cognitive abilities are.

It's a complete caricature of what I said. And it's sad because I wasted time writing well-thought arguments that fell on deaf ears. Or closed minds. Same thing.

In the end it doesn't matter what I said or that I said it. What matters is what is going to happen next. And what is going to happen will confirm the things I said on this forum. Things are headed for a big reset and people like you will be completely clueless and will just run around like headless chicken whining "omagash, why is there an orange bad man in the white house, why is my country getting so balkanised". Because you simply lack the mental abilities to understand what's going on. And when someone actually wastes time explaining things to you, you react exactly like you did when you lost that game and showed your ass on the screen. That's your level, gibson, that's how you react to frustration, you jump to extremes, like a lil spastic kid. And that's how you interpret what I said about cultural cohesion here.
low and behold
Also, learn how to spell in your own language, ffs, kid.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@fightinfrenchman you lost a lot of your cred, calling me a neoliberal shill in a post just above, so I have a hard time taking you seriously?, even when you call out Dolan. It is just so much of crying wolf when there are none. But you make a great example of how the Dems are working. Cry wolf on Racism, when at the same time, ignoring the SYSTEMIC issues that ARE racist and keeping poor ppl down, while the rich are getting super-rich. I mean, how many yachts can you crave? (more than 12?) (Betsy Devos actually have 12 :hmm: )
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:
gibson wrote:I just had an interesting experience. My parents had 3 kids, who were visiting the us via a cultural experience program run by the Tennessee state department, stay at their house for two days. One from Palestine, one from Egypt, and one from Kuwait. I told my parents no this wonā€™t work @Dolan told me that people from other cultures donā€™t get along with each other, he knows this because people from different cultures have slightly different reactions to pain. However they ignored me, low and behold these 3 17 year olds from different cultures and different religions all got along just fine with my 17 year old brother. I was shocked. They played video games together, went to the pool, played basketball and there was little to no conflict. Itā€™s almost as if people from different backgrounds and cultures can get along just fine with each other. Amazing!

I did not claim this anywhere, though. The fact that this is what you understood from what I wrote shows how rudimentary your cognitive abilities are.

It's a complete caricature of what I said. And it's sad because I wasted time writing well-thought arguments that fell on deaf ears. Or closed minds. Same thing.

In the end it doesn't matter what I said or that I said it. What matters is what is going to happen next. And what is going to happen will confirm the things I said on this forum. Things are headed for a big reset and people like you will be completely clueless and will just run around like headless chicken whining "omagash, why is there an orange bad man in the white house, why is my country getting so balkanised". Because you simply lack the mental abilities to understand what's going on. And when someone actually wastes time explaining things to you, you react exactly like you did when you lost that game and showed your ass on the screen. That's your level, gibson, that's how you react to frustration, you jump to extremes, like a lil spastic kid. And that's how you interpret what I said about cultural cohesion here.
low and behold
Also, learn how to spell in your own language, ffs, kid.
So we're resorting to insults now are we? You know nothing about my mental capacity or cognitive abilities, and the fact that you insult me like that says more about you. And donā€™t even bother with the ā€œ iv taken a psych class and can tell by your posts youā€™re dumbā€ because you obviously canā€™t tell anything about someoneā€™s intelligence via this medium. Itā€™s also funny how you always end up at left vs right, you do realize that I donā€™t particularly care that trump is president? My only real concern is for the environment, outside of that it any president is going to be basically the same. However the fact that youā€™re constantly bringing up how terrible left and stupid left wing people are in arguments that are non related to that also tells a lot about you. Congrats, I made a grammatical, not a spelling, error. Using a properly spelled word incorrectly is a grammatical error, so sue me, this is an Internet forum not a fucking peer reviewed journal. As to the actual argument, all just leave this quote from you here, ā€œ
So, of course, a small number of individuals from each culture are capable of overcoming the differences in communication and affective styles between cultures, learn a secondary language to fluency level and become able to relate to people from other cultures in their own foreign terms.ā€ The implication of this post is that most people from different cultures canā€™t get along. It's also painfully obvious that my last post was meant primarily to be tongue and cheek, clearly one bit of personal experience doesnt prove anything. That was a bit in bad faith, as I was mostly just trying to bait a reaction which isn't really fair of me since youre one of the only people on this forum actually willing to engage in discourse.

And no, I donā€™t, I never react to frustrations by jumping to extremes. The reaction that your ( Oh my another grammatical error for you to bring up) talking about had nothing to do with losing a game, it was really my reaction to to an ongoing issue that Iā€™ve been dealing with for the past 8 years that culminated that day. I would have thought that someone whoā€™s taken psych classes would have been able to see that.

Also can a mod move these posts to the bullying thread, Iā€™m a dumbass and posted them here.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Google tells me I'm not missing anthing, so my wonderful friend Rachel isn't annoyed by me skipping anything, nerds. GG no RE
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gibson wrote:As to the actual argument, all just leave this quote from you here, ā€œ
So, of course, a small number of individuals from each culture are capable of overcoming the differences in communication and affective styles between cultures, learn a secondary language to fluency level and become able to relate to people from other cultures in their own foreign terms.ā€ The implication of this post is that most people from different cultures canā€™t get along.
Why didn't you straight up say this in the first place? How could I know that you made this implication? No, I'm not implying that if people have some regional differences in how they feel pain then they're unable to get along with people from other cultures. On a basic level, every member of this species can get along with any other member. But things can get a bit more complicated when you're building a huge society of hundreds of millions of such people with very different cultural backgrounds. Then it's no longer just a question of: Can I play basketball with that guy from another culture? It's a question of: is someone from culture X going to accept the values that people from culture Y are very fond of? Because we're already seeing this across the world. China refuses to abide by a standard of human rights upheld by the West. Same for Saudi Arabia. If you check out their legal system, they punish theft by cutting hands and they execute homosexuals. I mean, they even adopted their own declaration of human rights, it's called the Cairo Declaration on Human Rights. It's based on Islamic values.

Of course, that doesn't mean that Muslim people who live in the West do the same, but many of them do hold values which are not compatible with Western values. For example, they think women need to be covered by a veil and obey their men. Recently in the UK, Muslim parents took it to the streets to protest against local authorities' decision to introduce mandatory lgbt classes in school.

https://youtu.be/taDTT5TpFsY

That's where you get a genuine cultural conflict right in the middle of your society, which is caused by thinking that you can actually make every culture on this planet live next to each other in the same society without any major issues. That works to some extent (everyone likes to eat, right? everyone likes sports, right? everyone likes movies, right?), but when it gets to making decisions on core values, you might discover that those cultures will start clashing.

As for the rest of your post, maybe I jumped the gun, but when you mock and distort what I say, I can respond in kind (shrug).
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

hmm, nothing happening here ;)
I will play this video
https://youtu.be/ZTWzzzE9ktY
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

that is what Bernie is all about, he spends his last good years for the US ppl, after 40 years of saying the same stuff. He says its YOU, and not me, and I have a hard time understanding if you are not understanding this.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

real change always comes from the bottom up, and NEVER from Top-down
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

while we are all, suffering and warming, yeah Bernie is just talking bs :devil: :devilrazz: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:
muricans are just so ignorant, and that is how Trump like em :shock: :!:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

It's hard to be a front runner when you can't be the only person running on the "I'm not Hillary" platform

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1 ... 2321251328
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

It's Klobbering time tonight