US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Re: 2020 Democratic Primary

Post by occamslightsaber »

iwillspankyou wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:@clealy @occamslightsaber why do you not write it in your own words here?
I did? Youā€™re the one who asked for evidence and after being provided with them, threw them away immediately since they didnā€™t fit your narrative.
I do not ask for fake evidence though. But you spell it out for me, and make a link that is credible, and I might read it. Just do not waste my time, its dear to me ;)
How do you even know that they are ā€œfakeā€ if you havenā€™t even read them? This only proves my point that you cherry-pick evidence based on how they fit your pre-existing narrative. Iā€™ll do us both a favor and stop replying since youā€™re evidently not interested in having a discussion.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

occamslightsaber wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I do not ask for fake evidence though. But you spell it out for me, and make a link that is credible, and I might read it. Just do not waste my time, its dear to me ;)
How do you even know that they are ā€œfakeā€ if you havenā€™t even read them? This only proves my point that you cherry-pick evidence based on how they fit your pre-existing narrative. Iā€™ll do us both a favor and stop replying since youā€™re evidently not interested in having a discussion.
True, I might have the energy to read your post thoroughly someday ;) I hope you do the same to my videos though :geek:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iwillspankyou wrote:break a leg, and go bankrupt ;) In what county could that happen? Cuba or USA?
Get a life long disease, that will need medicine, like Incline, where would you go bankrupt first? Cuba or USA?
Are you really trying to argue that the quality of life in Cuba is higher than the USA? Thats absurd.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

gibson wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:break a leg, and go bankrupt ;) In what county could that happen? Cuba or USA?
Get a life long disease, that will need medicine, like Incline, where would you go bankrupt first? Cuba or USA?
Are you really trying to argue that the quality of life in Cuba is higher than in the USA? Thats absurd.
hmm, not really, I am only saying that the health care system in Cuba (poor country) is better than yours (rich country). That is all I am saying. It could have something to do about prioritey\es? :!:
Retired Contributor

gibson wrote:
Are you really trying to argue that the quality of life in Cuba is higher than the USA? Thats absurd.
No, donā€™t try it!

I intend all my puns.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

gibson wrote:
Lets not fake it, you have the worst health care system in the world for what is is worth :kinggreen:
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

occamslightsaber wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I read them, and here is an honest reply. Those articles talk about doctors hating the system, sure I don't see anything that wouldn't suggest that. That is one of the reasons why I support M4A but I don't support a national health service. Those articles however don't dispute that Cuba has better health outcomes than we do.
mad cuz bad
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

omg, this one again - it is like a train going on its track. over and over again, and never stopping.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iwillspankyou wrote:
gibson wrote:
Lets not fake it, you have the worst health care system in the world.
Thats just an absurd and uneducated take. Healthcare in the US is better than just about any non 1st world country, and even some first world countries. Its not great compared to our overall wealth and compared to countries with similar wealth.

https://www.numbeo.com/health-care/rank ... ountry.jsp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... healthcare
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Bernie is going to win, deal with it @fightinfrenchman
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Amsel_ wrote:
n0el wrote:Based on what metrics? They have roughly the same life expectancy as the US, lower infant mortality, and they spend 10% of what we spend per capita.
Cuban doctors are trained to operate under scarcity. That makes them useful for third world standards, but the U.S. students who have studied at Cuban universities have a lot of trouble passing medical exams. That's because our healthcare is arguably the most advanced in the world, and therefore costs a lot more, and requires more training and knowledge. The U.S. is willing to spend millions of dollars on healthcare for a drug-addled schizophrenic who is currently serving life in prison, and it has the resources to do so. The fact that Cuba has accomplished the most basic feats of healthcare, and doesn't have the resources to go beyond that, isn't something to brag about.
Yet life expectancy is the same for Cubans as it is for people from the USA.

Really, the USA has nothing to brag about here. As "advanced" as your healthcare may be, the reality is that USA's life expectancy is very low for one of the richest countries in the world. It's a shame really.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Bernie win is a chance for the world to survive. That is how big of a victory it will bring. It is not for me - it is for US brothers and sisters, all around the World.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

the last stance is what I am understanding this shenanigan to be. Bernie or burn
Retired Contributor

n0el wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I read them, and here is an honest reply. Those articles talk about doctors hating the system, sure I don't see anything that wouldn't suggest that. That is one of the reasons why I support M4A but I don't support a national health service. Those articles however don't dispute that Cuba has better health outcomes than we do.
Have you read the Fox News article? I added that one last since I was searching for it. Like Amsel said, Cuban doctors mostly specialize in preventive care, which is most useful in third world countries with limited resources. Cuban doctors simply donā€™t have the advanced medical equipment, infrastructure, drugs and other resources to provide the same level of care as the US to their people, save for select few elites like Castro. They also donā€™t really have to deal with first world problems like obesity or diverse populations like the US. The bottom line is that Cubaā€™s healthcare system works relatively well for its population, but the same system will most likely fail in the US.

I intend all my puns.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

any jokes now?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

So you basically just admit that their system is working better? I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are arguing. They focus on preventative health, which works. We focus on spending trillions of dollars on treatment instead of preventing the problem in the first place.
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Preventative care works well until you get prostate cancer and are twice as likely to die in Cuba as you are in the United States. Anyway its stupid to be comparing the healthcare in a 1st world country to that of a developing country. We should be comparing it to Canada and Europe , where it obviously is shittier by just about every metric.
Retired Contributor

n0el wrote:So you basically just admit that their system is working better? I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are arguing. They focus on preventative health, which works. We focus on spending trillions of dollars on treatment instead of preventing the problem in the first place.
You seem to be comparing apples with oranges. Cuban doctors do a good job treating common illnesses and their government can even force abortions to prevent infant mortality. But since they donā€™t have access to modern medical tech, they canā€™t detect cancer as early as American doctors do or treat rare genetic conditions because they canā€™t spare their limited resources on relatively few cases. Their goal is essentially to provide the greatest good for the greatest number, hence their focus on preventive care.

I intend all my puns.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
n0el wrote:Based on what metrics? They have roughly the same life expectancy as the US, lower infant mortality, and they spend 10% of what we spend per capita.
Cuban doctors are trained to operate under scarcity. That makes them useful for third world standards, but the U.S. students who have studied at Cuban universities have a lot of trouble passing medical exams. That's because our healthcare is arguably the most advanced in the world, and therefore costs a lot more, and requires more training and knowledge. The U.S. is willing to spend millions of dollars on healthcare for a drug-addled schizophrenic who is currently serving life in prison, and it has the resources to do so. The fact that Cuba has accomplished the most basic feats of healthcare, and doesn't have the resources to go beyond that, isn't something to brag about.

Really, the USA has nothing to brag about here. As "advanced" as your healthcare may be, the reality is that USA's life expectancy is very low for one of the richest countries in the world. It's a shame really.
Our life expectancy is suppressed by things like suicide, drug overdoses, alcoholism, and the like. It's not necessarily reflective of our healthcare, and it is more reflective of larger sociological issues. Would it be fair of me to go murder 100k Belgians a year, and then use the ensuing decline in life expectancy to critique their healthcare? Of course not.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

gibson wrote:Preventative care works well until you get prostate cancer and are twice as likely to die in Cuba as you are in the United States. Anyway its stupid to be comparing the healthcare in a 1st world country to that of a developing country. We should be comparing it to Canada and Europe , where it obviously is shittier by just about every metric.
It is not stupid , dude. It is what you think is most important? The health of your citizens, or the welfare of your billononars. Wake up dude
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Obesity is a big one.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iwillspankyou wrote:
gibson wrote:Preventative care works well until you get prostate cancer and are twice as likely to die in Cuba as you are in the United States. Anyway its stupid to be comparing the healthcare in a 1st world country to that of a developing country. We should be comparing it to Canada and Europe , where it obviously is shittier by just about every metric.
It is not stupid , dude. It is what you think is most important? The health of your citizens, or the welfare of your billononars. Wake up dude
Sometimes it feels like you dont even read the posts you respond to.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

dance with the Devil
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Amsel_ wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Our life expectancy is suppressed by things like suicide, drug overdoses, alcoholism, and the like. It's not necessarily reflective of our healthcare, and it is more reflective of larger sociological issues. Would it be fair of me to go murder 100k Belgians a year, and then use the ensuing decline in life expectancy to critique their healthcare? Of course not.
It's funny that you mention Belgium. Their suicide rate is higher than that of the USA.

Could it be that your life expectancy is bad because many people can't afford proper healthcare? You know, just a crazy thought.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

gibson wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Sometimes it feels like you dont even read the posts you respond to.
sometimes a song, say it all, it is all bs, and you think its some kind of democracy, -sorry for dunking on you;=