US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: 2020 US Elections

Post by fightinfrenchman »

iwillspankyou wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Why not just say it's bad for Trump to encourage violence. Why is that impossible for you to do
Why is it impossible for you to hold 2 thoughts in mind, that is separate?? Things are not black OR white, and Biden is nowhere from snowy white.
This thing is just uncomprehensive to me; you have two choices, and you think the one you select is all good? And you do not question the policies? Or make demands?
This to me is just plain stupidity. Sorry, I just cannot put it in more polite wordings.
There's plenty wrong with Biden. I'm asking why aren't you plainly saying that Trump trying to get people killed is wrong? It's very easy to say that
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@fightinfrenchman said
There's plenty wrong with Biden.
Now we are talking.
Why not talk about those flawed for once :!:
Cmon, name them. I encourage you to do so, please frenshy, just to keep the discussion here, honest
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iwillspankyou wrote:@fightinfrenchman said
Because he's running against somebody who is much worse lol
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

I'm probably missing something, but I don't see why Trump's statement of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" would be promoting violence.
That there is shooting when there is looting just seems as a logical consequence to me. When you have so many people with firearms, of course there will be shooting when people try to take what is not theirs (owners defending their stuff). Then when the police try to stop them, the risk is high there will be shootings as well, because 1: police officers in the US seem really trigger happy, 2: the public is armed with firearms and the police must defend themselves if shot at.
As I said, I’m probably missing something. Could anyone be kind to explain it to me?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

martinspjuth wrote:I'm probably missing something, but I don't see why Trump's statement of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" would be promoting violence.
That there is shooting when there is looting just seems as a logical consequence to me. When you have so many people with firearms, of course there will be shooting when people try to take what is not theirs (owners defending their stuff). Then when the police try to stop them, the risk is high there will be shootings as well, because 1: police officers in the US seem really trigger happy, 2: the public is armed with firearms and the police must defend themselves if shot at.
As I said, I’m probably missing something. Could anyone be kind to explain it to me?
Yes, you're missing a brain capable of critical thinking. When you acquire one of those please revisit this post
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon

Post by martinspjuth »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:I'm probably missing something, but I don't see why Trump's statement of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" would be promoting violence.
Yes, you're missing a brain capable of critical thinking. When you acquire one of those please revisit this post
What a constructive response.

You seem to really care and want things to change in the US and the world. Then you should try to help people understand why your way of thinking is right, whether they have a brain capable of critical thinking or not. If I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong, I won’t know I should stop.
Saying that someone doesn’t have a brain capable of critical thinking doesn’t help your cause one bit.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Yes, you're missing a brain capable of critical thinking @fightinfrenchman . When you acquire one of those please revisit this post
Well, you are missing a brain capable of not grasping the issue that murica is not the navel of the world @fightinfrenchman , and you are being very impolite.
I can tell you though, my sweedish friend @martinspjuth , that this quote was used by a KKK man back in time. That is why its so poisonous.
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon

Post by martinspjuth »

Okay, thanks for explaining @spanky4ever
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

not easy to know, but some muricans expect you to. Its pretty funny, actually, especially when they are offended if you do not "get it" @martinspjuth
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:@fightinfrenchman said
Because he's running against somebody who is much worse lol
Yeah, back to black or white, or stupid or more stupid :!:
Btw, did you ever watch "dumb and dumber"? Not sure why that silly movie came into my brain ;) Made me laugh out loud many times :lol:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Yea, I li
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

martinspjuth wrote:Okay, thanks for explaining @spanky4ever
Idk about what the KKK has to do with it, but the quote is historically associated with segregationists and police brutality from what I read.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

occamslightsaber wrote:
Idk about what the KKK has to do with it, but the quote is historically associated with segregationists and police brutality from what I read.
That is KKK, stupid :hmm:
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

A few election things that to come out of this:
- Klobuchar is pretty much now at 0% chance to get the VP nod from Biden. I think Harris will probably firm into a strong favourite following this.
- I genuinely have no idea what Trump's campaign plan is. We saw him try the immigration thing in 2018 and that fall on its arse. He was going to be able to run on the economy pre C-19, how it will look in a few months is anything but certain though. Without the economy, where has he gained votes in the last 3+ years? That will be the key question especially as he pretty much won on the back of just 70000 votes last time. I don't foresee stoking more anger and vitriol as making his base more likely to go to vote than Dems, if anything it could have an opposite effect. He has now had a few chances to get on top of crisis situations that may have earned him the favourability of the electorate but he sees stoking his base as more important than winning unsure independents. So where does he go from here? What is his plan?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

wardyb1 wrote:I don't foresee [Trump] stoking more anger and vitriol as making his base more likely to go to vote than Dems, if anything it could have an opposite effect
disagree with this tbh

the dems are shooting their feet, and the Rs have a national broadcasting conglomerate
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

wardyb1 wrote:A few election things that to come out of this:
- Klobuchar is pretty much now at 0% chance to get the VP nod from Biden. I think Harris will probably firm into a strong favourite following this.
- I genuinely have no idea what Trump's campaign plan is. We saw him try the immigration thing in 2018 and that fall on its arse. He was going to be able to run on the economy pre C-19, how it will look in a few months is anything but certain though. Without the economy, where has he gained votes in the last 3+ years? That will be the key question especially as he pretty much won on the back of just 70000 votes last time. I don't foresee stoking more anger and vitriol as making his base more likely to go to vote than Dems, if anything it could have an opposite effect. He has now had a few chances to get on top of crisis situations that may have earned him the favourability of the electorate but he sees stoking his base as more important than winning unsure independents. So where does he go from here? What is his plan?
I can help you with those questons :!:
Trump will attack Biden on every bad policy he supported, and he will quote him on every gaf he made (100z)- Not sure if that will make Trump good though :hmm:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

In a world that is all about Black or White (literally) anything can happen.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

deleted_user wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:I don't foresee [Trump] stoking more anger and vitriol as making his base more likely to go to vote than Dems, if anything it could have an opposite effect
disagree with this tbh

the dems are shooting their feet, and the Rs have a national broadcasting conglomerate
Very possible. Still not sure though where he has gained new voters though.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:A few election things that to come out of this:
I can help you with those questons :!:
Trump will attack Biden on every bad policy he supported, and he will quote him on every gaf he made (100z)- Not sure if that will make Trump good though :hmm:
I think attacking policy would be a bad option for Trump. However the use of disinformation will obviously be a strong tool, because they won't attack the truth of the policy whatsoever.
He will also most definitely use gaffs and what not but I don't think that will really have any effect on the election unless it is extremely egregious, but that is unlikely imo.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

you are right to be suspicious of where Biden gets his votes from @wardyb1 because there is not much enthusiasm around his campaign. Not many young ppl will take the time to vote for Biden.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

iwillspankyou wrote:you are right to be suspicious of where Biden gets his votes from because there is not much enthusiasm around his campaign. Not many young ppl will take the time to vote for Biden.
Yeah I was talking about Trump.....
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

wardyb1 wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:you are right to be suspicious of where Biden gets his votes from because there is not much enthusiasm around his campaign. Not many young ppl will take the time to vote for Biden.
Yeah I was talking about Trump.....
same diff :mad:
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

iwillspankyou wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
That is KKK, stupid :hmm:
They are not always one and the same, although there are many overlaps.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

yeah, there are good ppl on both sides @occamslightsaber I got u
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

if you have a thingy that you need to get off your stomach, you can watch this, and most of us, with a working brain, will have an ez vomiting medicine. You really do not have to go to the pharmacy or it.