US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: 2020 US Elections

Post by spanky4ever »

it is not polite, but I cold def p unch that smuck face, big time, or a little face palm, in the palm :hmm:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

sorry to say this, but the only cuntry who could elect this Potus, who is clearly a disturbed person, could only be disturbed also. I have the diagnoses for you, In fact I had it a long time ago. I used to work in a grocery shop when I was only 15, and it was a summertime job. The strange thing about that job is that they had mostly muricans coming to shop because they spesieled in American cans ;)-. more story are to c ome ;)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

First thing I felt strange about, was that ppl came into the shop, expressing so much love when they said "how are you" and then moved away, not wondering how you were doing AT ALL: It struck me as totally fake, and I have never forgotten that feeling of disbelief, and (I do not have words for that, really, other than pure FAKE).
I have more stories, of muricans in Norway, if anyone wants to know ;) mucho moro. After all, I live in the oil capital of Norway :(
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

martinspjuth wrote:I'm probably missing something, but I don't see why Trump's statement of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" would be promoting violence.
That there is shooting when there is looting just seems as a logical consequence to me. When you have so many people with firearms, of course there will be shooting when people try to take what is not theirs (owners defending their stuff). Then when the police try to stop them, the risk is high there will be shootings as well, because 1: police officers in the US seem really trigger happy, 2: the public is armed with firearms and the police must defend themselves if shot at.
As I said, I’m probably missing something. Could anyone be kind to explain it to me?
You aren't missing anything, you are 100% sane, you just happened to walk into The Lord of the Flies.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

next story about muricans in Norway;
My first job was as a scheduling clerk for a major oil company in Norway. I was very young, and for several weeks I did not even understand what "maintenance" ment, even though I was working for the "maintenance" - who provided electricians, roustabouts, welders, mechanics etc etc, for a working schedule offshore, providing them with a helicopter flight and, as I have already said, a working schedule.
What struck me as a totally fake (once more) is that the ppl in the office, the ex.rated ppl who nobody has a clue about their wages, could not leave the job, until their boss did. They stayed on, even if they had nothing to do, just to let the boss see that they worked on.
But on most occasions, they did next to nothing and backstabbed the boss to us clerks/secretaries. I mean, the gossip they could tell, and the hate they could express!!!!!
I was a young girl back then, but I really got to know about your "culture" - and I have disliked it A Lot since then.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

oats13 wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:I'm probably missing something, but I don't see why Trump's statement of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" would be promoting violence.
That there is shooting when there is looting just seems as a logical consequence to me. When you have so many people with firearms, of course there will be shooting when people try to take what is not theirs (owners defending their stuff). Then when the police try to stop them, the risk is high there will be shootings as well, because 1: police officers in the US seem really trigger happy, 2: the public is armed with firearms and the police must defend themselves if shot at.
As I said, I’m probably missing something. Could anyone be kind to explain it to me?
You aren't missing anything, you are 100% sane, you just happened to walk into The Lord of the Flies.
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/86481836 ... ing-starts
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Goodspeed wrote:
oats13 wrote:
Fake media I'm afraid, you'll note it took a few days to dig this up, you can take any quote and do that. Brainwashing. Perhaps that guy also used the phrase 'I'm going to the shops now' hell, I'd best not go to the shops anymore right?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... ing-quote/
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Well, I think I know plenty about your murican culture, even if I have not lived there, there. Norwegian ppl are very honest, and you can read their eyes and lips and grasp where they are coming from. Muricans try to hide those things, even if they try to express that they are "top of the world, the best, and they are surely LOVING YOU" . All face of course, and nothing deep. Pretty much like your POTUS?
I would trust a Scottish person 100 times more than a murican, seriously.

More stories can follow, if you do not grasp the big gap between Norwegians and Muricans, by now.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

oats13 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Fake media I'm afraid, you'll note it took a few days to dig this up, you can take any quote and do that. Brainwashing. Perhaps that guy also used the phrase 'I'm going to the shops now' hell, I'd best not go to the shops anymore right?

Almost every tweet replying to the tweet before it locked down by Twitter was everyone saying how it related to 1960's segregationist talking points. Are you that far down the rabbit hole that you just write everything off as "fake media" and "it took a few day to dig this up". Like come on. Let's get back to real life for a second. I literally was watching the tweets roll in live. That's some fucking 1984 shit to just deny reality like that.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

wardyb1 wrote:
oats13 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Almost every tweet replying to the tweet before it locked down by Twitter was everyone saying how it related to 1960's segregationist talking points. Are you that far down the rabbit hole that you just write everything off as "fake media" and "it took a few day to dig this up". Like come on. Let's get back to real life for a second. I literally was watching the tweets roll in live. That's some fucking 1984 shit to just deny reality like that.
It's just standard issue after-the-fact cleaning up from the word police. That's the 1984 shit.

Real life is where people just use normal phrases of the cuff.

Absolutely worryingly, absurdly, insane that people fall for this.

All the mainstream articles are from the last few days, they started with the 'it promotes violence' nonsense and then switched tack when this filtered through-

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... e-n1217676

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/history ... d=70950935

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/l ... tarts.html
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

about muricans, I have my stories of fakes, but I also have stories about real murcands, like. @XeeleeFlower :love: and Noam Chomsky.
The thing about muricand, they have the worst, and the best ppl on earth ;)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

iwillspankyou wrote:Well, I think I know plenty about your murican culture, even if I have not lived there, there. Norwegian ppl are very honest, and you can read their eyes and lips and grasp where they are coming from. Muricans try to hide those things, even if they try to express that they are "top of the world, the best, and they are surely LOVING YOU" . All face of course, and nothing deep. Pretty much like your POTUS?

More stories can follow, if you do not grasp the big gap between Norwegians and Muricans, by now.
Tough to read lips when people have masks on ngl
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

oats13 wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It's just standard issue after-the-fact cleaning up from the word police. That's the 1984 shit.

Real life is where people just use normal phrases of the cuff.

Absolutely worryingly, absurdly, insane that people fall for this.

All the mainstream articles are from the last few days, they started with the 'it promotes violence' nonsense and then switched tack when this filtered through-

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... e-n1217676

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/history ... d=70950935

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/l ... tarts.html

All a week after he said it.
1. He is the POTUS. He has to be the President for every single person in the U.S. That means he has to consider his words and how they relate to those people.
2. Of course every article is talking about how it is important. They are doing their job. They are informing the people that don't know about the context of the tweet. Like some people in this thread. Also they talked about the "it promotes violence" because it is a new thing Twitter is rolling out and was used for the first time. It is going to get click-through. Welcome to the digital age, you can thank Twitter and Facebook and a little bit of Murdoch for making getting clicks so important.
3. He said it 2 days ago. So to act like the story has developed for a week is more 1984, reality isn't reality bullshit.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

The reality of this is that he said a totally normal thing that people found a way to twist, a big pile of circumstantial evidence is useful in lending weight to a theory but it can't be the central plank and certainly not a one off piece of 'evidence'.

He doesn't have to consider his words to the extent that he has to have every single phrase he uses fact checked just in case someone else used it, that's what the trial-by-media word-police want, most normal people in the real word don't fall for this.

Originally it was the violence narrative they ran with and then changed, which is indeed evident in this thread.

It's just more nonsense insanity from people who want to believe in a parallel universe where America isn't a democracy and a secret cabal of fascists have hijacked the white house etc. loony tunes.

Oh yeah I edited out the 'week' thing before you re-posted it. Corona induced time lag.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Well, I think I know plenty about your murican culture, even if I have not lived there, there. Norwegian ppl are very honest, and you can read their eyes and lips and grasp where they are coming from. Muricans try to hide those things, even if they try to express that they are "top of the world, the best, and they are surely LOVING YOU" . All face of course, and nothing deep. Pretty much like your POTUS?

long before corona dude, and you know it, mister derailing
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iwillspankyou wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

long before corona dude, and you know it, mister derailing
Very few people were wearing masks until a few weeks ago.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@fightinfrenchman the posts i made was way before corona, and you know it,
Science has also provided us whit the facts that mask do not give much protection. It only has a little protection when YOU are sick, and prevent you from giving your germs to anyone else.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iwillspankyou wrote:@fightinfrenchman the posts i made was way before corona, and you know it,
Science has also provided us whit the facts that mask do not give much protection. It only has a little protection when YOU are sick, and prevent you from giving your germs to anyone else.
Yeah I'm trying to not get other people sick
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

ha ha ha, geesus that last post made me lol. are you some kind of comedian @fightinfrenchman :P :P :P
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Here is a fairytali about Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Iceland.
We are getting back to normal, schools are open again,. I had a meal in a restaurant yesterday and had a few in a bar after. The virus is pretty much gone here, for some reasons, that Trump did not grasp :)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iwillspankyou wrote:Here is a fairytali about Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Iceland.
We are getting back to normal, schools are open again,. I had a meal in a restaurant yesterday and had a few in a bar after. The virus is pretty much gone here, for some reasons, that Trump did not grasp :)
I agree that Trump is bad and that's a huge problem I'm trying to fix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Here is a fairytali about Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Iceland.
fixing;) yeah, alright ;) I am waiting to see who he pick as VP. Then I can agree, or disagree with you :ugeek:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iwillspankyou wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
fixing;) yeah, alright ;) I am waiting to see who he pick as VP. Then I can agree, or disagree with you :ugeek:
Whoever he picks is not going to threaten to murder a bunch of Americans so it's still fine
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Norway in two weeks
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@duckzilla
guess you did managed the crises as well