US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: 2020 US Elections

Post by fightinfrenchman »

knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
knusch wrote: do u believe that trump caused or at least escalated police brutality with what he said in this video or do u deem it as racist?
Are you trying to imply that in that video, Trump doesn't explicitly endorse police brutality?
oh please he is talking his mind on how to deal with criminals in the context of gang violence. such made up outrage...
He says that after someone is restrained, cops should try to physically hurt them
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Criminals are often dangerous types. Restraining them sometimes requires using force and manhandling.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
knusch wrote:
Show hidden quotes
oh please he is talking his mind on how to deal with criminals in the context of gang violence. such made up outrage...
He says that after someone is restrained, cops should try to physically hurt them
he doesn't
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes
CNN is the reason he's the President, so I guess?
Ear is implying that the media somehow work for Trump, when he won despite them trying to bury his bid for presidency.
If there's any way in which the MSM worked to elect Trump, that was by discrediting itself. That's a wholy different kind of argument than the media being somehow biased in Trump's favour. They were biased in Clinton's favour and they still are.
There's basically zero day without the MSM ridiculing something that Trump said or done. They're really helping him...
The way MSNbs was "favoring" Trump, was the way they were giving him publicity, hours every day. Bad publicity is also publicity. :devil:
He was a click bait, and they all put him on the front page, every day. I do not know how many billions that sums up to, but I can tell you this much; Trump got the publicity he needed, for free, to get him elected.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
he doesn't
He does
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@Snuden Sorry I forgot to tell you, you missed page 666
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Dolan wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes
CNN is the reason he's the President, so I guess?
Ear is implying that the media somehow work for Trump, when he won despite them trying to bury his bid for presidency.
If there's any way in which the MSM worked to elect Trump, that was by discrediting itself. That's a wholy different kind of argument than the media being somehow biased in Trump's favour. They were biased in Clinton's favour and they still are.
There's basically zero day without the MSM ridiculing something that Trump said or done. They're really helping him...
The MSM has one motive and only one motive, profit. Thereā€™s no question who they want in the headlines, Donald J Trump.
mad cuz bad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:The way MSNbs was "favoring" Trump, was the way they were giving him publicity, hours every day. Bad publicity is also publicity. :devil:
He was a click bait, and they all put him on the front page, every day. I do not know how many billions that sums up to, but I can tell you this much; Trump got the publicity he needed, for free, to get him elected.
Yep, and he did his best to antagonise them, to make sure they can't ignore him. You could say it's a symbiotic relation. The media knows they get something to write everyday if they give Trump coverage and Trump knows he needs to say something colourful every day to stay in the news.
Even though they both hate each other.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
knusch wrote:
Show hidden quotes
he doesn't
He does
"please don't be too nice; like if u put somebody in the car and u protecting their head, u can put the hand away" --> He says that after someone is restrained, cops should try to physically hurt them

agree too disagree
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
knusch wrote: do u believe that trump caused or at least escalated police brutality with what he said in this video or do u deem it as racist?
Are you trying to imply that in that video, Trump doesn't explicitly endorse police brutality?
He took out a full page ad in the NYT calling for the execution of the Central Park 5.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
He does
"please don't be too nice; like if u put somebody in the car and u protecting their head, u can put the hand away" = He says that after someone is restrained, cops should try to physically hurt them

agree too disagree
He's saying to not protect somebody's head, because he wants them to hit their head, because he wants the police to hurt them.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

We should not see this as something that happened just recently. This has been going on for a long time
You all should know it, - if you have no clue, then you should not debate it as you are some kind of expert @knush

There has been numerous of riots, about the same issue,
This video is 5 years old.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Tbh, there is so many instances now, that nobody, in their right mind would disagree that the police violence in USA, is deeply problematic.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
knusch wrote:
Show hidden quotes
"please don't be too nice; like if u put somebody in the car and u protecting their head, u can put the hand away" = He says that after someone is restrained, cops should try to physically hurt them

agree too disagree
He's saying to not protect somebody's head, because he wants them to hit their head, because he wants the police to hurt them.
he isn't asking police to smash gangmembers heads against the car....he simply doesn't care about the wellbeing of criminals
i don't equate this to police brutality, you all really believe that this is what ppl are demonstrating about?^^
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
he isn't asking police to smash gangmembers heads against the car....he simply doesn't care about the wellbeing of criminals
i don't equate this to police brutality, you all really believe that this is what ppl are demonstrating about?^^
What you're saying literally makes no sense
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

iwillspankyou wrote:We should not see this as something that happened just recently. This has been going on for a long time
You all should know it, - if you have no clue, then you should not debate it as you are some kind of expert @knush
let's establish a committee to establish who has required expertise to take part of a conversation and put u in charge of it, sound good?

what a joke....
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

geesus @fightinfrenchman , just give up this argument. Sometimes the vice person gives in, faced with never-ending stupid argumentations.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Thereā€™s a real chance that Lindsey Graham aka Lady G might lose. Unreal
mad cuz bad
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

knusch wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:We should not see this as something that happened just recently. This has been going on for a long time
let's establish a committee to establish who has required expertise to take part of a conversation and put u in charge of it, sound good?

what a joke....
WhateveryoupreferIdonotcare :devil:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

knusch wrote:

what a joke....
Why are you trying to censor her by criticizing her? Cancel culture run amok!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

n0el wrote:Thereā€™s a real chance that Lindsey Graham aka Lady G might lose. Unreal
Would taste like honney to me, getting that slick, Trump licker of our backs :hmm:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

n0el wrote:Thereā€™s a real chance that Lindsey Graham aka Lady G might lose. Unreal
I'm still skeptical, being tied 42-42 in a deeply red state isn't really all that amazing
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Oh shit, Biden might be in real trouble now. Trump is outflanking him on the left!
Attachments
EZyr-Z5X0AEE2VD.jpg
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:Tbh, there is so many instances now, that nobody, in their right mind would disagree that the police violence in USA, is deeply problematic.
Their whole society is more violent, not just the police. The police just reflects what's going on in their society. The football, gun ownership, the monster trucks shows, the aggressive education, the money-chasing mentality, the way they encourage their kids to be go-getters and step on anything and anyone to succeed. All these things are related and play a role in the kind of crime they have and how the police deals with it. It all happens in a context, in response to something that happens there. The police didn't become so aggressive out of the blue.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Tbh, there is so many instances now, that nobody, in their right mind would disagree that the police violence in USA, is deeply problematic.
Their whole society is more violent, not just the police. The police just reflects what's going on in their society. The football, gun ownership, the monster trucks shows, the aggressive education, the money-chasing mentality, the way they encourage their kids to be go-getters and step on anything and anyone to succeed. All these things are related and play a role in the kind of crime they have and how the police deals with it. It all happens in a context, in response to something that happens there. The police didn't become so aggressive out of the blue.
Interesting points, I hope you are not right, a little bit, but not fully. I have always thought about Americans as very friendly. Never been there though, but this is how my friends, who have actually been there, portray them.