US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Re: 2020 US Elections

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Knowing that everything he says is projection, I'm really curious what Trump's staff is doing to him

Cocaine Mitch is hooking him up with the good stuff.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@Amsel_ I wonder what would happen if you actually gave a dementia patient cocaine. Has this ever been tried?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Tbh I think congressmen should be allowed to take amphetamines. How else could anyone possibly sit through those boring committee meetings?
fightinfrenchman wrote:@Amsel_ I wonder what would happen if you actually gave a dementia patient cocaine. Has this ever been tried?
I am imagining every possible outcome of this action, and each one is good. Do it!
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Vote Trump
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

007Salt wrote:Vote Trump
I really hate to disappoint you but I'm probably not gonna do that
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I thought that you thought Trump was a failure?
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

n0el wrote:
He's just a bad, low-energy troll tbh. Lower effort even than me posting "why did they liebe"
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Gas prices are going to soar with Biden.

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch. ... americans/
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

007Salt wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Damn those Democrats for saving the planet. It will definitely be much cheaper to let the Earth burn and collapse with natural disaster after natural disaster. This will definitely not have any negative economic costs whatsoever.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

n0el wrote:
Joe Biden will raise taxes and gas prices.
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

wardyb1 wrote:
007Salt wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Damn those Democrats for saving the planet. It will definitely be much cheaper to let the Earth burn and collapse with natural disaster after natural disaster. This will definitely not have any negative economic costs whatsoever.
Charging more money for gasoline isn't going to stop global warming.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

007Salt wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
A carbon tax is recognised as one of the best ways to stop global warming. The biggest problem is it needed to be done 15 years ago to prevent 1.5 degree warming. Now more extreme measures will have to be taken to prevent 2 degrees.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

wardyb1 wrote:
007Salt wrote:
Show hidden quotes
A carbon tax is recognised as one of the best ways to stop global warming. The biggest problem is it needed to be done 15 years ago to prevent 1.5 degree warming. Now more extreme measures will have to be taken to prevent 2 degrees.
Do you really think global warming is preventable or will this tax or other measures just delay the inevitable? One of those situations where it is what it is.

Until things are getting really bad nobody really cares about global warming lol
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

The sad thing is, it is the small western european countries that Are fighting the hardest to become more green. Us, china and India ought to lead in that departement.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

007Salt wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Do you really think global warming is preventable or will this tax or other measures just delay the inevitable? One of those situations where it is what it is.

Until things are getting really bad nobody really cares about global warming lol
This has to be one of the dumbest takes I've seen in this thread. Depends on your definition of preventable? Can we stop 1.5C? No. Can we stop 2C? Moving into very unlikely territory. Can we stop 2.5 or 3C? Yes it is doable, but with every delay that becomes harder and would require more drastic action as outlined in the video (or read the sources that are provided). As it stands a carbon tax by itself will definitely help delay 3C and buys time for more innovation, more change, more action to stop 3C. It's such a fucking dumb take to be like, I won't do this thing because it doesn't solve the problem entirely. That isn't how the world works.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Maybe global warming is not that bad, since we could turn heat into energy using thermoelectric devices and use that energy for whatever is needed to deal with the effects of climate change.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

Dolan wrote:Maybe global warming is not that bad, since we could turn heat into energy using thermoelectric devices and use that energy for whatever is needed to deal with the effects of climate change.
If this is a serious post, then you disappoint me more than ever. If it is a troll post, then be better than playing into the delusion of the people that actually believe this.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@wardyb1 Don't get baited by low effort trolls
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

wardyb1 wrote:
Dolan wrote:Maybe global warming is not that bad, since we could turn heat into energy using thermoelectric devices and use that energy for whatever is needed to deal with the effects of climate change.
If this is a serious post, then you disappoint me more than ever. If it is a troll post, then be better than playing into the delusion of the people that actually believe this.
Never heard of this before but why is this so stupid? Just a form of energy transfer like many others we do. Surely it's just a case of needing innovation to make it efficient on a large scale?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Lol
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

chris1089 wrote: Never heard of this before but why is this so stupid?
It was posted by Dolan, marking it as immediately stupid
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

wardyb1 wrote:
I'm just trying to see the silver lining in the current situation. Considering that synchronising governments from tens or more than one hundred countries is a nigh impossible task to get done fast enough, we might need to look into potential technology to offset the effects of climate change by using its effects to our advantage.
I am aware that thermoelectric devices aren't that effective right now, but it's a potential avenue to explore.
Simply complaining that certain governments aren't doing anything is not going to solve anything.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

chris1089 wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:
Never heard of this before but why is this so stupid? Just a form of energy transfer like many others we do. Surely it's just a case of needing innovation to make it efficient on a large scale?
It's stupid because every argument for not doing anything about global warming is cost. The longer you wait, the more it costs, the faster innovation has to happen, the faster you have to mobilise, the greater disruption to society not to mention the continuing catastrophic disasters that will only grow in size and frequency plus the complete damage to the oceans and aquatic ecosystems.

Do you think it will be free to mass produce this form on energy transfer on a global scale that will reverse 3C of warming? It isn't going to get cheaper. Every proposal from here on out will only get more and more expensive as it will have to do more, in less time. Do you think it will bring back the lives lost in natural disasters? Will it instantly reverse ocean acidification? Also what will incentivise oil, coal and gas companies to invest in such an endeavour? These things take time. We are out of time. I don't think you realise just how bad 2C+ is. Once you start getting into 3-4C+ temps, there won't be an off switch, or a reverse switch.

Nonetheless you should trust the experts. Trust the people that have spent 5, 10, 15, 20+ years of their life studying this, putting their life blood into preventing this. The idea that this is even an argument is baffling. You go to the doctor to get your health advice. You go to an engineer to build a house.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

wardyb1 wrote: Nonetheless you should trust the experts. Trust the people that have spent 5, 10, 15, 20+ years of their life studying this, putting their life blood into preventing this. The idea that this is even an argument is baffling. You go to the doctor to get your health advice. You go to an engineer to build a house.
Doctors trying to pump me full of fake vaccines. It's a plandemic