US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Re: 2020 US Elections

Post by oats13 »

He isn't cheating, in fact it isn't possible to cheat as I proved earlier in this thread. To say so is to be disconnected from reality.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

To say it isn’t possible to cheat is literally the farthest from reality one could be, cheating happens every presidential election(its also stupid to think that you could "prove" that something couldn't happen). Now is one candidate doing it intentionally and to the scale that it could flip the election is a different matter entirely.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

oats13 wrote:He isn't cheating, in fact it isn't possible to cheat as I proved earlier in this thread. To say so is to be disconnected from reality.
Then why is he so opposed to the mail in ballot? Trump actually say that if every ppl in USA get to vote, the Republicans will never win again. Now that is a democracy - they should not be allowed to rule if they are not the majorety of the ppls votes.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Do you prefer a rule by the powerfull and the rich @oats13 ? or a rule by the majorety of the ppl :?:
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

iwillspankyou wrote:Do you prefer a rule by the powerfull and the rich
regardless of outcome this will be the case either way ;)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

knusch wrote:
What kind of attitude is that?
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

iwillspankyou wrote:
knusch wrote:
What kind of attitude is that?
realism?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iwillspankyou wrote:Do you prefer a rule by the powerfull and the rich @oats13 ? or a rule by the majorety of the ppl :?:
The fact is no matter who wins the rich will be in charge. It doesn't matter if Donald Trump, Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders is president.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I am glad you put a ? mark @knusch after your statement. The rich are very few, and they are more dependent on you than you are of them. Keep this in mind. >Plenty of examples where the rich lose their heads, when they go to far. If Trump think he can cheat his way in to another 4 years, disregarding the will of the majorety of the ppl? I cannot even try to imagine how that could turn out! you have imaginations aswell, and so do he military- and every county in USA.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

gibson wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Do you prefer a rule by the powerfull and the rich @oats13 ? or a rule by the majorety of the ppl :?:
The fact is no matter who wins the rich will be in charge. It doesn't matter if Donald Trump, Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders is president.
sad story, but Sanders should not be in that story of yours :ugeek:
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

yeah i can tell u have a lively imagination too
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

knusch wrote:yeah i can tell u have a lively imagination too
So you are all about realism then? dude
How about displaying your wanted cenarios here? What do you hope for? What is your ideal model of ruling, if it is not democracy? I am putting you in the spot here, to explain to us how your ideas are OP over the simple idea of a democracy :idea:
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

i think my take above reflects reality, yes.

do you think that whether dems or reps win an election changes who is rich and "in charge"? no, you don't either i'd assume...
not sure where your imagination is taking you regarding what i think about democracy xD
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I like how no matter which side of this question you choose, the result is the democrats being in power.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iwillspankyou wrote:
gibson wrote:
sad story, but Sanders should not be in that story of yours :ugeek:
I guess it depends on your definition of rich. If you consider a multimillionaire to be rich(which I do) than yes, because Sanders being president would mean a multimillionaire was president.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

knusch wrote:i think my take above reflects reality, yes.

do you think that whether dems or reps win an election changes who is rich and "in charge"? no, you don't either i'd assume...
not sure where your imagination is taking you regarding what i think about democracy xD
No, I would vote for Sanders to do that. US politics are crushed by money interests - and Biden and the dems are part of that. What is at stake is the core of democracy though., There will be no going back after this, if not in a bloody riot - IF Trump gets to steal it against the will of the ppl - AND it looks like a steel. I mean he lost by 3 mill votes last time. This time it could b much bigger.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Here's your far-right extremist, bro.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcohen/ ... k-america/
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Amsel_ wrote:Here's your far-right extremist, bro.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcohen/ ... k-america/
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

how do you beleave it, if you ever did. ;) I have the choise of lol or being angry.
I chose to play a song. ;)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Here is my scenario for 4 more years of Trump; EU will look very close to other trading partners, and US will be left alone, more and more. This will start to happen on the day one. EU will start consolidating their buisnesses to other coutries - not US. It is a disaster, yet to happen for you - and you should be awere. Nobody trust your stupid Potus, and nobody will trust you in the following years. Meanwhile you have all these weapons! What are you going to do with those? Bomb every country that do not long want to do buisness with you?
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Trump would throw everything he has against the EU if they pissed him off lol
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Under His Eye
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
oats13 wrote:He isn't cheating, in fact it isn't possible to cheat as I proved earlier in this thread. To say so is to be disconnected from reality.
Then why is he so opposed to the mail in ballot? Trump actually say that if every ppl in USA get to vote, the Republicans will never win again. Now that is a democracy - they should not be allowed to rule if they are not the majorety of the ppls votes.
Listen to this in context. He'd not saying he's going to stay in office if he loses. Also how many people do you know who vote for trump who would accept him staying in office if he loses?
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

[quote="iwillspankyou"]Here is my scenario for 4 more years of Trump; EU will look very close to other trading partners, and US will be left alone, more and more. This will start to happen on the day one. EU will start consolidating their buisnesses to other coutries - not US. It is a disaster, yet to happen for you - and you should be awere. Nobody trust your stupid Potus, and nobody will trust you in the following years. Meanwhile you have all these weapons! What are you going to do with those? Bomb every country that do not long want to do buisness with you?[/q
Rather the economy will boom. US will probably avoid intervention in wars due to continued successful foreign policy. Law and order will be far better than under a Harris/Biden presidency.
On the economy I think you over value trade deals and are not considering highly enough the massive regulation and tax reform changes.
On foreign policy and wars you seem to misunderstand what prevents war. War happens when one side thinks (not knows) that they are stronger than their enemy and can get more from the war than is inflicted upon them as damage in the process. You need a strong army to prevent wars.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Imagine thinking Trump's foreign policy has been or ever will be successful. He gave up the US' position at the "head of the table", and with it the opportunity to steer geopolitical decision making in a direction that benefits the US. Who do you think is gonna take its place?