US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: 2020 US Elections

Post by gibson »

It's funny how common courtesy and listening to scientists during a literal pandemic is considered being a "tool of a character". That's an evidence based conclusion devoid of spin if I've ever seen one.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Wtf is Biden trying to say lmao. It's just a jumble of ideas.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@gibson Cmon, you're going into a highly prepared, checked, aseptic environment, in which the host has been tested, Trump has been tested, you've been tested, and you still want to show off how you're wearing a mask. Ok.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

"Do you want to respond to that?"

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

And yeah, Trump was too slow to close borders with China. But Biden is too senile to be able to make this point forcefully. He had an opportunity to score lots of points here.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

Dolan wrote:It's a political gesture to show the masses how compliant with "the scientists" he is. A complete tool of a character.
I'm glad you noticed this messaging too. Interesting choice.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Chad Biden on show tonight. Trump also doing better with not being so combative towards the moderator or Joe tonight. Will be interested to see if that lasts throughout the debate.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Trump made a mistake by saying there's a high level of drugs usage, caused by the lockdown, that was never seen before. This will be used against him at some point.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:@gibson Cmon, you're going into a highly prepared, checked, aseptic environment, in which the host has been tested, Trump has been tested, you've been tested, and you still want to show off how you're wearing a mask. Ok.
Yes, why would we ever take extra precautions when it takes 0 effort and is in line with the image we're trying to convey. It's not aseptic either, do you even know what that word means? What a terrible, dumb take. Imagine thinking "wearing a mask is bad" in 2020.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Hahahah LMAO exactly. Where do those big funds come from, Joe? Who has that much money if not Wall Street.
But yeah let's pretend that you're not funded by Wall Street and you're in opposition to them.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I feel like republicans would do a lot better with corona if their attitude towards masks was framed in terms of freedom to choose your own healthcare and accusing democrats of "making masks political", and appealing to people being exhausted over the lockdowns. Seems easier to just try and deflect from your record. Never liked how Trump's reelection campaign focused on the personality contest game, rather than trying to find issues that resonate with people, and pushing those. But maybe they figured that their strategy was better through focus groups or something, I don't know.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Imagine what kind of jobs Biden's son would have been able to get if his dad wasn't a big shot politician in Washington. He'd probably flip burgers for crack, let's get real.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

M A L A R K Y
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's not just Biden. Many US politicians are acting like money vacuum cleaners around the world. They're using their country's influence to get deals for their business proteges, which often include their family. They appoint ambassadors in "pay for play" schemes. Those ambassadors, after they get discharged, use their influence to get management positions in big companies.
There's a lot of influence peddling that US politicians are involved in around the world. Biden is just one exponent of Washington corruption, just like the others.
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

So much for muted mics.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

"I think it's a right" ... "A right to have affordable healthcare."
I like how he's trying to throw meat to the progressives without actually committing to it.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

Dolan wrote:It's not just Biden. Many US politicians are acting like money vacuum cleaners around the world. They're using their country's influence to get deals for their business proteges, which often include their family. They appoint ambassadors in "pay for play" schemes. Those ambassadors, after they get discharged, use their influence to get management positions in big companies.
There's a lot of influence peddling that US politicians are involved in around the world. Biden is just one exponent of Washington corruption, just like the others.
Are you just ignoring the entire Trump family for the fun of it? Why is it so bad for Biden to get his LAWYER son a job doing LAWYER things, but it is just fine to have the entire Trump family involved in running the country when half of them didn't even pass security clearances?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Both are right. Trump is talking about fixing the healthcare system, after being president for 4 years. Dude, you've run the country for 4 years and now you're getting to that point on your list.
And Biden was 47 years in Washington and 8 years vicepresident. And he wants anyone to believe he's a force of reform right now.

Here's what's going to happen, none of them will make these changes they're promising.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by wardyb1 »

Amsel_ wrote:"I think it's a right" ... "A right to have affordable healthcare."
I like how he's trying to throw meat to the progressives without actually committing to it.
He's talking about a public option. That is something that a lot of progressives would settle for.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

I've only tuned in for the last few minutes but Biden seems pretty sharp tonight, I've liked his answers
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

wardyb1 wrote:
Dolan wrote:It's not just Biden. Many US politicians are acting like money vacuum cleaners around the world. They're using their country's influence to get deals for their business proteges, which often include their family. They appoint ambassadors in "pay for play" schemes. Those ambassadors, after they get discharged, use their influence to get management positions in big companies.
Are you just ignoring the entire Trump family for the fun of it? Why is it so bad for Biden to get his LAWYER son a job doing LAWYER things, but it is just fine to have the entire Trump family involved in running the country when half of them didn't even pass security clearances?
Yeah, what about the Trumps. If the Trumps are bad, then that makes the Bidens' corruption a much more appealing proposition, right.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

wardyb1 wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:"I think it's a right" ... "A right to have affordable healthcare."
He's talking about a public option. That is something that a lot of progressives would settle for.
It's the wording of it. It imitates the progressive rhetoric of having a "right to healthcare."
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

>talking about how you want to give amnesty during the debate
YIKES
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I just realized I'm missing the debate because I'm having epic Basement party at the cabin. It's way better than useless debate
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Cometk wrote:I've only tuned in for the last few minutes but Biden seems pretty sharp tonight, I've liked his answers
really i thought he seemed half asleep most of the time