US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Re: US Politics Megathread

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:Cat maid outfit just arrived in the mail from Joe Biden. Feeling cute, might stream later idk
rrrrrrrrrr...
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Best luck these united states of America
Biden is bringing "unity" don't you worry.
If you found yourself being upset at denunciations of white supremacists and domestic terrorists, then that's correct I do not want unity with you (I realize you're a Brit but the point stands)
Who are you calling that? My point is that Biden is not really a compromiser. The only unity is to be found by accepting whatever his party wants.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Republicans are infinitely more guilty of more heinous partisan obstruction so idk seems weird to take this time to call out Biden for something he might do (of course I am not for compromising with anti life corporate richery anyways -- compromise for compromise's sake isn't much of an ideal). Critics of Biden might say he will make compromises when he shouldn't. Let's just wait a while chafeel, unless you feel any of the day 1 EOs are forsaking compromise? Then I'd ask you why you hate human life.

Anyways the Dems have democratically attained the House and the Senate and the Presidency so fuck you.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

chris1089 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
If you found yourself being upset at denunciations of white supremacists and domestic terrorists, then that's correct I do not want unity with you (I realize you're a Brit but the point stands)
Who are you calling that? My point is that Biden is not really a compromiser. The only unity is to be found by accepting whatever his party wants.
Sounds like dictatorship
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

deleted_user wrote:Republicans are infinitely more guilty of more heinous partisan obstruction so idk seems weird to take this time to call out Biden for something he might do (of course I am not for compromising with anti life corporate richery anyways -- compromise for compromise's sake isn't much of an ideal).

Anyways the Dems have democratically attained the House and the Senate and the Presidency so fuck you.
It's fine that they have the government. It's just hypocritical to keep harping on about unity whilst not being willing to compromise.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

princeofcarthage wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Sounds like dictatorship
Nice bait.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

deleted_user wrote:
It is actually you who are going to get fucked in the coming years.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I edited my comment meanwhile and an emphasis of one of the edits I made is that it's day 1 of the Biden admin, so 1) wait until something happens that you can actually criticize, other than this abstract notion you've constructed, unless you want to cite concrete examples that inform for your reasoning from Biden in past government which I know you haven't done and also there would be an issue of translation 2) decry right now the American Republican Party for partisan obstruction to every extent of ambiguous legality they could muster and then some, since compromise is a great moral truth for you, unless 3) compromise isn't a great moral truth for you, in which case, your gripe would be with the performative word "unity" and I'd ask you to choose sides and when you choose conservatism I'll ask why you hate life or 4) you believe Biden's day one EOs are anti compromise and I'd again ask you why you're anti human life

The great irony is I am very willing to criticize the Biden admin when it will inevitably fuck up, don't interpret this as blinding allegiance to liberalism. The great hypocrisy is your sudden gripe of an abstract possibility of yet-to-happen partisanship when the party more aligned with your views operate(s)d entirely within that framework to anti-democratic extents.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

chris1089 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Your perception is very skewed
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Unity :hmm:

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

It's almost like Biden doesn't like Antifa, and vice versa
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It’s funny how all the freaks are freaking out about dr. Jill Biden. Almost like they’ve never set foot in a university before.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

WWG1WGA!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This is great

Finally, true equality will be enforced on the field

This gun be so fun.
Biden is my president tbh ngl
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Yeah, I have no problem with transgenders and such, but this is ridiculous.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You should have to compete with whatever sex you were biologically born as. As shitty as that is for transgender people they probably can’t really compete in traditional sports. Although it’s really not surprising to see Dolan posting boomer screenshots acting like the sky is falling over a relative non issue, as he doesn’t like transgender people due to them “editing his Wikipedia edits”.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's you who has boomer opinions, with your bigoted idea that trans women shouldn't compete with women. You have the same opinions as conservatives in the USA, basically.

I think this is actually great and it's real progress, idk what you're so upset about it. It's going to raise the bar for women's competitions and make them more popcorn-worthy.
You need to get that bigotry checked, gibson.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@Dolan funny you include that picture of Mack Beggs, who is a transman, only participating in the girls’ league BECAUSE of sex discrimination preventing him from participating in the boys league. Like, defeating your own point
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

gibson wrote:You should have to compete with whatever sex you were biologically born as. As shitty as that is for transgender people they probably can’t really compete in traditional sports. Although it’s really not surprising to see Dolan posting boomer screenshots acting like the sky is falling over a relative non issue, as he doesn’t like transgender people due to them “editing his Wikipedia edits”.
Trans men not allowed to participate in men’s sports?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

What a freaking mess.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Cometk wrote:@Dolan funny you include that picture of Mack Beggs, who is a transman, only participating in the girls’ league BECAUSE of sex discrimination preventing him from participating in the boys league. Like, defeating your own point
Yeah, it's a different kind of case. It's someone who took a lot of testosterone as part of the transitioning process.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Cheap bait tbh
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Dolan wrote:
Cometk wrote:@Dolan funny you include that picture of Mack Beggs, who is a transman, only participating in the girls’ league BECAUSE of sex discrimination preventing him from participating in the boys league. Like, defeating your own point
Yeah, it's a different kind of case. It's someone who took a lot of testosterone as part of the transitioning process. There's nothing wrong about her competing with other women.
He wanted to compete in the boys’ division, but was discriminated against and barred from competing there... use your brain please
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Born as a man = mens sport
Born as a woman = womens sport

I don't see how that can be any different.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

All that nonsense about trans this and trans that, and if that wasn't enough, we now also need trans toilets.
[Sith] - Baphomet