US Politics Megathread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: US Politics Megathread

Post by princeofcarthage »

Pandemic started before Biden so idk why would you blame him for that. And Biden took some foolish stand which led to war. Agree to disagree but as I had months ago and even years ago during elections, those things are turning out to be true.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Retired Contributor

princeofcarthage wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 09:28
chris1089 wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:The world is doomed
I assume this is sarcastic?
No, Biden is winning. All is lost. Biden victory will set an irreversible chain of events that will culminate ~10 years after into disastrous effects for all world. This will be a critical moment which will bring world war 3 closer in time than farther.
Already seeing the effects ngl
Retired Contributor

fightinfrenchman wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 23:43
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Its not. Biden presidency will accelerate the world towards world war 3. When you will have missiles flying over your head, you will remember what I said.
That's probably not going to happen, but if it does I guarantee I will not be thinking about you
This is what you said ear...changed your mind yet?
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

I can confidently say that he hasn't, as no one cares about some random Indian making predictions. You kinda are like these animals they use to predict results for football world cups, except that you have a worse track record somehow, are decidedly less cute, and you unfortunately aren't gone after a month.
Retired Contributor

Except for esoc games I have 100% track record so far. The world and the events are in front of your eyes and yet you refuse to believe. Is your ego really worth more than your life?
European Union scarm
Howdah

Post by scarm »

I don't care about my ego, it is just that i trust military and foreign policy experts more than a fast food dude, sorry bro
Retired Contributor

And how are 2 co-related? Just cuz I chose to invest in my passion doesn't mean I could not know of other things? Just Zelensky being comedian is irrelevant here (though arguably it should be) me being businessman is irrelevant to the discussion.
European Union scarm
Howdah

Post by scarm »

No it is not irrelevant. Your and my opinion on this are not equal in quality to the analysis of people who spend their professional life doing that, a concept that you don't seem to grasp. I would never try and give you advice on how to run a restaurant, as you quite simply know miles better than me.

You are making random predictions without any plausible linkage, causality or explanation all the time, and like to cite your ominous model. You rarely give any sources, and if you do they are some random newspaper articles, which, for some things are a good source, but for others are absolutely atrocious. You then interpret anything that happens to be within what you predicted and think you are some sort of truth demigod, without ever having even thought about what "truth" even means. You are quite simply scrying and suffer from a severe case of megalomania. None of us here believe in fortunetelling, and that is why no one gives a fuck when you think you are right about something by accident.

Also, someone send help, i am wasting time and energy on this and it isn't worth it and only dilutes the discussion. On the other hand callen wanted to give me free poster-tier-list ELO for this so i guess it is something.
Retired Contributor

It is not fortunetelling lol. Also it is not right by accident. It is based on lot of research and analysis lol. And when asked I have always provided sources. So it is a myth I don't give sources.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 21:33
RefluxSemantic wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 21:27
Show hidden quotes
I had hoped he would only run once
Again, asking genuinely here: do you think that Democrats would stand a better chance if Biden announced he wouldn't be running again? Or would he be endlessly attacked by Republicans/the media as weak and "giving up"
I honestly just dont feel great about Biden's chances in the next election. He doesnt really seem to be getting things done atm. So far he seems like the typical establishment democrat, and that is exactly the thing that got Trump elected the first time. But maybe he will turn things around or maybe I am completely wrong (totally possible, Im not really invested in US politics atm)
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

princeofcarthage wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 21:41
fightinfrenchman wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 21:33
Show hidden quotes
Again, asking genuinely here: do you think that Democrats would stand a better chance if Biden announced he wouldn't be running again? Or would he be endlessly attacked by Republicans/the media as weak and "giving up"
I mean you have clearly seen how world has gone to shit in 2 years of his presidency. Why do you want world to suffer more?
Laughable take
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 00:45
So far he seems like the typical establishment democrat, and that is exactly the thing that got Trump elected the first time.
Despite everything that's happened in the last 5-6 years, the talking points of the 2016 Democratic primary will remain the same forever lol
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

2016 seems to have been a sort of traumatic event. People will continue to dwell on it.
A very bad side effect of the Sanders run is that now, in a lot of people's minds, any democrat that isn't exactly him might as well be a republican.

Biden seems fine tbh
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

dont think biden is gonna seem fine come Nov 2022 or 2024
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Cometk wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 19:37
Do you think that Democrats would do better in 2024 if they primaried the sitting president? Not "do you think there's a Democratic politican who can do a better job" (I'm sure there are plenty) but you have to think about how this would be perceived (hint: DEMS IN DISARRAY)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Biden is okayish, the problem is while he obviously doesn’t have dementia he obviously is in mental decline, and I don’t really want that happening to the president. But it would look bad to primary him.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 19:40
Cometk wrote:
Do you think that Democrats would do better in 2024 if they primaried the sitting president? Not "do you think there's a Democratic politican who can do a better job" (I'm sure there are plenty) but you have to think about how this would be perceived (hint: DEMS IN DISARRAY)
You're weirdly defensive about this. Its giving off pretty unpleasant vibes.

But this is the reason why I said I had hoped Biden would not run at all. Actually that was somehow the impression that I had gotten. But that appears to have been the wrong impression.
European Union scarm
Howdah

Post by scarm »

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 21:05
fightinfrenchman wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 19:40
Cometk wrote:
You're weirdly defensive about this. Its giving off pretty unpleasant vibes.

But this is the reason why I said I had hoped Biden would not run at all. Actually that was somehow the impression that I had gotten. But that appears to have been the wrong impression.
He did say that during the campaign iirc
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

No idea if true or deep fake (#21st-century-problems)

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Washington Post "fact checker"
glenn kessler WP.PNG
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Remember when US administrations cosied up to Saudis, because they were useful allies in the big scheme of making sure Israel's security was guaranteed in the Middle East.
Lots of high-tech US weapons were also shipped there (from the UK too).
Now these friends are showing their true colours.

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

overton window falling off the fucking map