Going to Hyderabad, India

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Going to Hyderabad, India

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hey yall,

a mate of mine is going to Hyderabad, in India, for a couple of days. And he wants to know if anyone who has been there, or lives there, has some tips for him. Mostly about local customs, things you should do or shouldn't do in social interactions, is tipping required, what to see/eat/do, etc.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Re: Going to Hyderabad, India

Post by P i k i l i c »

ask him to look for mansabdars under the Charminar Gate (if the city is has so much population it may be because of them)
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Become a sepoy
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Don't know much about Hyderabad but the charminar gate is probably the biggest attraction. Hyderabadi biryanis are hella spicy. I'd say just take a chill pill and relax. Maybe @Challenger_Marco might have more to tell you :!:

Good luck to your frienderino!
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Thx for tagging me @rsy,yh I have went to Hyderabad before , definitely must see Ramoji Flim City it takes days to see everything in Ramoji ,Food in Ramoji is good ,next foods there will be spicy/sweet ppl like spicy n sweety things there ,need to be careful about pickpockets in crowdy areas, seeing tourists they overprice their things so don't go alone n buy just go with group of people n try to negotiate the price and buy. More info I will tell soon, my friends r living there will ask them n edit the post.@deleted_user
:nwc:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Thanks a ton! Thats great info. Im looking for ward to what your friend has got to add
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Local customs -Usually we don't shake hands ,just hi in South India ,crossing the road by foot u don't have to go signal booth u can just cross the road if vehicles r far or standing in traffic police won't catch u :) .
About Transportation - Auto rickshaw /3 wheeler vehicles ppl usually call auto but if u go in that for traveling the driver will ask u insane amount of money so don't go.
Local Bus - Cheap ,u need to ask the conductor for ticket ,u need to tell bus stop name ,idk whether the bus conductor knows English.
Local Train - Cheap ,need to get platform ticket generally they give u 2nd class ticket which means u need to board the coach which says 2nd class all the ppl will go for 2nd class so it will be crowdy ,u can get 1st class price is high but less crowd & good maintenance of that coach.
Bus ,Train means crowd idk if u ppl like like standing or sitting with no distance between the people.
Taxi/cab -I think best ,they wont ask more money ,just depends on how much distance u travelled ,u can go n visit places by Uber ,Ola.
Food - Famous for briyani u can try that ,For breakfast-Idli ,dosa ,sambar they eat so try those it's called Tiffan items .
Lunch - They eat meals which includes rice,curry etc idk if u guys like it but u can eat pizza or Ur stuff if u find there.
Dinner -Roti/Chappati with curry
Generally they / we eat with hands not with spoons /forks.
U can try Naan items like Butter Naan +side dish like paneer butter masala.
Just don't eat at local shops selling at roads etc u never know what will happen to u.
Airport- ppl will ask to carry luggage for u ,say no n carry it by urself coz again they cheat asking u more money coz u ppl have no idea.@deleted_user.
:nwc: