Album of the Day

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Album of the Day

Post by Vinyanyérë »

These reviews are getting gradually lower effort out of ten
duck
:mds:
imo
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@Jam

starboard! he begets me having digested unearthly love, shouting coy, coyer forlornities and juicing my ancestral strings for all they're worth. i'm not inherently a wanton critter. productoftheenvironment should we say ! i did not deserve of being importuned, speaking solely, of course. let evaporated bitterness (blueberry, mind you) have become distilled and exact itself as sweeter,newer fruit. let broken sap (coochie) be born anew,dissolved of prior miracles. maelstrom! acknowledge your temper, having exorcised me past dues and inexplicable debts. heart, resolved, absolved, tears,and

and please, let me know, why it was so, temporal? and please, again, thank you for the fun, while it lasted!

listen

standout tracks: Galactic Zoo, Night of the Pigs, Sunrise, Trouble, Medley, Creation, Gypsy Escape, No Time and every single other one too :^)

Galactic Zoo Dossier by Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come - a masterpiece out of 10

see you tomorrow
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

next review will just be a tl;dr
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

best songs of 2018, according to cometk

tip: turn up your volume to be able to enjoy the most delicious details of music

#12 - Leon Vynehall - From The Sea/It Looms - link
earnest, overcast serendipitous wives tale wishes, but truer, organic and solemnly miraculous

#11 - U.S. Girls - Time - link
bring back the rhythm! sand-pepper snares, snake-charmer singing, dirty rock 'n' roll caravanserai party

#10 - Nostrum Grocers - ashwaghanda - link
"...somebody else's idea, of somebody else's world, is not, my idea, of things, as they are..."

#9 - Janelle Monae - Take A Byte - link
the most luscious lead bass i've ever heard, yakuza boss and band leader janelle monae is my most captivating sex icon

#8 - Big Baby Tape - Hustle Tales (feat. Feduk) - link
top-class русский imitator trap, well-humored and vibrant with the best complimentary vocals of the decade

#7 - Payroll Giovanni & Cardo - So Young - link
rolling crashing sinking full, ferocious and the stoic forbearer of knowledge one shouldn't've had to bear. characteristically, and saddeningly, smooth

#6 - Sango - Khlorine (feat. Smino) - link
elegance and virility in curacao waters, breeze and blue-green flag waving to a bouncy flow, unmatched

#5 - JPEGMAFIA - 1539 N. Calvert - link
king of percussive sequences, king of quotables. bold, dynamic, and pompous, all with real threat behind it. i'll still be try'na give that dick to kellyanne conway for years to come.

#4 - Playboi Carti - Fell in Luv (feat. Bryson Tiller) - link
reversed, flipped, curved, troublesomely addictive drums and the most nuanced of hedonistic inflections, ad libitum...

#3 - Mid-Air Thief - 곡선과 투과광 (Curve and Light) - link
happy spiral flowering towers, lofty lushes, soft, ephemeral female vocals, like kissing a cotton candy cloud and cartoon hearts splashing from your cheeks

#2 - Skee Mask - Kozmic Flush - link
(tele)kinetic energy blasting yourself forward, faster than the polar express, through a para-digital world, kick bleeding blue

#1 - Craig Xen - FWM God - link
unrepentant yet introspective, such supremely well-exerted aggressive energy it actually brings me to tears, every time

this is actually unfinished and i would've liked to've included a few more songs, but as time permits,

see you tomorrow
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@Cometk Nice to see a Janelle song in there, however nobody asked you for this list and thus there was no time constraint. Get back to work reviewing albums (bish)
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Hey @Cometk review this masterpiece please
https://youtu.be/6Dh-RL__uN4
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

dont have a lot of time again sorry. will write my thoughts as i have them

esham, closed casket, @XeeleeFlower. horrorcore, hardcore, east coast (?) originated but not a strong east coast, or any coast for that matter, sound. in its own lane

track 3 - my homies got shot
i know to some degree esham is a humurous rapper but while the anti-climactic story and sample at the end of the song might clue me in to it being another song that's supposed to be "funny", the legitimate expression of needless violence resulting in principal self-injury is so real, it's hard to tell if it was supposed to be pointed or flippant

track 4 - mental stress
the weird inflection in how esham says "oh naaooww, whatcha gonna do now boy~?" almost made me dislike the track, but then i heard "i'm finna go nuts like an almond joy" in the next line and knew that i liked it
too many funny bars to be able to hate haha. track doesn't click with me as something i'd listen to over and over again, but it's something more how like you would experience a good comedy show

track 5 - can't take it wit cha
great moral lesson here. not like it's a completely new theme (momento mori), but maybe kendrick lamar thought of this song when he was writing "what happen's on earth stays on earth"?

track 7 - drive u2 suicide
fucking excellent beautiful flipping on that bass bro goddamn that's killer shit. love that. imagine how amplified you could make that effect with modern technology. gotta give rec to this type of stuff when back in the day it was just so much more resource-intensive to create it

track 9 - slug froma 45
cool attempt but man the mixing on the guitar is so bad hhaha. still a good song. like i said, gotta respect it considering how hard it was to create back then.

track 11 - flatline
again, if it weren't so dated it would be able to execute on its good ideas and turn them into great ideas.

track 12 - i don't owe u shit
so many funny lyrics. "death ain't shit but life without the bible"

track 13 - therapy
probably the most normal showcase of esham's rapping skill, which is high, btw

track 14 - make me wanna holla
continuation of the above. i wonder how much esham really wants to kill himself or is that's just a filler phrase for him? either way, pair esham's skill with a sick fuckin beat and you have a classic. here's that

track 17 - 24/7
wonderful use of the bobby caldwell sample. if only the audio fidelity were a bit higher, but still a golden track

track 21 - closed casket
this album has a titular track

listen

standout tracks: The Eulogy, Can't Take It Wit Cha, Drive U2 Suicide, Was It Sum'n I Said, Therapy, Make Me Wanna Holla, 24-7

Closed Casket by Esham - a good out of 10

funny thing... i actually added this album to my "to listen" playlist on spotify almost a year ago to the day. can finally check it off the list.
[spoiler=go figure!]Image[/spoiler]
see you tomorrow
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@deleted_user4

listen

standout tracks: Finger, Caesar, Girlfriend, Sad Fuzz, Imaginary Person, and My Sunshine

Melted by Ty Segall - it's pretty good out of 10

see you tomorrow
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

wow, what a great review
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Writing is for the weak
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Well, don't purport it then
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Just accept, cold son
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

this is why you keep things to yourself.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

You are jealous because his review on my suggestion was godly
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

i'll continue the reviews on sunday and bang out all the ones i missed, it's just too much for me to do atm. the original challenge was to write 1 tweet (280 char), which while i suppose i could still abide by such a format, it doesn't quite feel right, this being a forum.

see you tomorrow
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Cometk wrote:i'll continue the reviews on sunday and bang out all the ones i missed, it's just too much for me to do atm. the original challenge was to write 1 tweet (280 char), which i suppose i could still abide by such a format, but it doesn't feel right, this being a forum.

see you tomorrow

The trick to deadlines like this is to make all the work due by one date over a year in the future, that way you can procrastinate for several months and still have time to do it.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Cometk wrote:i'll continue the reviews on sunday and bang out all the ones i missed, it's just too much for me to do atm. the original challenge was to write 1 tweet (280 char), which i suppose i could still abide by such a format, but it doesn't feel right, this being a forum.

see you tomorrow

The trick to deadlines like this is to make all the work due by one date over a year in the future, that way you can procrastinate for several months and still have time to do it.

yeeeee lol
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Cometk wrote:i'll continue the reviews on sunday and bang out all the ones i missed, it's just too much for me to do atm. the original challenge was to write 1 tweet (280 char), which while i suppose i could still abide by such a format, it doesn't quite feel right, this being a forum.

see you tomorrow

Failure
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

this thread went well
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

it's a success to some degree. prior to this thread it had been a very long time since i had done anything in the way of substantive writing. not that what i wrote here is terribly significant, but at the very least i also got to listen to a few good albums from y'all (and one very great one). i'll get around to "writing" "reviews" for all that was recommended to me at some point, but probably, and really most certainly, not by the end of this month.

see you tomorrow
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Why does life always end in disassponent
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja