Best Movies Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Best Movies Thread

Post by deleted_user »

Yonder back Mart created Best TV Show Thread: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=315&t=317

Movies are cooler because it's more emotion packed into less time - big hit. I just finished watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and I'm floored. One of my favorites. I want to start whittling down the "100 Years, 100 Movies" list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_1 ... 100_Movies

Please post your favorite pieces of (((film))).
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Best Movies Thread

Post by fightinfrenchman »

The Usual Suspects, particularly great work from the director and the lead actor. Not sure what they're up to now.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

My list is quite big, but one of my most favorite is "once upon a time in America"
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

good thread topic, bad posts (including mine)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

tedere12 wrote:good thread topic, bad posts (including mine)

Nah mine was funny
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Der Untergang
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

The Phantom Thread
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

I've been watching some older movies and I'm amazed by how bright the colours are in some, lots of modern films look so washed-out in comparison. Spartacus was incredibly visually impressive. Some others I've enjoyed are The Searchers, Zulu, Paths of Glory and Bridge on The River Kwai. I keep meaning to watch Lawrence of Arabia but I'm never in the right mindset to sit still for 4 hours.
Also watched some foreign-language films and was surprised by how immersed you can get despite having to read subtitles. I highly recommend Das Boot, A Man Escaped, Aguirre The Wrath of God and Seven Samurai.
Some more recentish ones I liked are Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, In Bruges and The Death of Stalin, all great dark comedies. Some of my other favourites are Falling Down, Event Horizon, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Master and Commander and the four essential Spaghetti Westerns.
Haven't seen many recent blockbusters but I did like the latest Godzilla and Mission Impossible movies.
And my guilty pleasure is The Patriot (weirdly I couldn't stand Braveheart despite it being basically the same movie).
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

I dont think braveheart and the patriot are the same. Also i can't understand how you didn't like it, it's one of the rarest movies that made me shed tears
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

"Mel Gibson loses a loved one and goes on a rampage against the oppressive English cartoon villains, inspiring thousands of others in the process"
I think it was something to do with the dialogue and accents, just made me cringe. Then again I was watching it on a 14 hour flight so idk, maybe my discomfort rubbed off onto the film.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Can't say anything about the accents as i watched the russian dub, but can agree on "losing loved one leads to rampage" phenomenon most movies have. I mean there are movies which nail it and then there are john wick movies
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

The John Wick movies mostly just confused me. Started out as a simple fun revenge flick and suddenly every single person in New York is a part time assassin and the world is controlled by hotel managers. Weird shit.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

first one was meh, second one was garbage, and i have no idea why they are making a third movie
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Come and See is a great, though emotionally disturbing film that is not too well known. Well produced as well and great use of sound that influenced the use of sound in film making.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJYOg4ORc1w
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Victoria and abdul is beautiful, the sound track is also beautiful
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte