This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

27 Feb 2019, 12:36

Hey Guys,

I am graduating with an Electrical Engineering degree and was wondering if anyone knew of any E.E. jobs out in Denver, CO, or around there. I'd also be open to any advice in the E.E. field or for just an engineering career in general. I know AoE3 happens to have quite a few engineers so I thought I'd see what your guys thoughts were!

Thanks!

S_I_D
LP-33
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

27 Feb 2019, 13:13

@kami_ryu maybe?
Sorry I can't help you, but I hope you will find a job as profitable as the 150-coin-for-3-wolves-treasure on Colorado is.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 03
ESO: SoldieR

27 Feb 2019, 14:49

Become friends with the old guys that have been doing it for 35 years and just listen, try not to disagree with them early, but when you do, do it respectfully. Ask them questions that kind of feed their ego, but dont be a kiss ass. If you get them to look out for you, you will have a great chance to learn from them.

I'm in manufacturing and engineering is mostly 60+ year old men, a huge age gap, and transferring knowledge before they retire, is one of the focus of the entire industry right now.
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: SirCallen

27 Feb 2019, 15:04

Quit
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

please stop eating :food:
Great Britain Horsemen
Lancer

27 Feb 2019, 18:39

Ok, here's what you do:

1) Work for 3 years in engineering
2) Take the GMAT, score 720+
3) Study MBA at an M7 business school
4) Apply for jobs in consulting / investment banking / private equity

You can thank me in 5 years by paying me 50% of your signing bonus.
France kami_ryu
Retired Contributor
ESO: kami_ryu & incognoto
Location: Denver, CO, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

27 Feb 2019, 23:50

P i k i l i c wrote:@kami_ryu maybe?
Sorry I can't help you, but I hope you will find a job as profitable as the 150-coin-for-3-wolves-treasure on Colorado is.

I am indeed qualified as an engineer and indeed in Denver. But I can't help. I'm not engineering right now. I have pretty much no networking for this place in regards to engineering. Colorado and Denver are really dynamic though so you should be able to find something.. hopefully a good paying job so you can pay this ridiculous rent.

There are opportunities around here. I just don't happen to have any. I'm in aviation exclusively, unfortunately.
thanks RK
Iran n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: n0eL

28 Feb 2019, 00:34

Just jump on indeed and linkedin and start firing out resumes. I frequently look for jobs in the Denver area, and I see a lot for EEs. Unfortunately none for me.
SirCallen wrote:Just drink the beer as it is, you hipsters.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

28 Feb 2019, 00:38

n0el wrote:Just jump on indeed and linkedin and start firing out resumes. I frequently look for jobs in the Denver area, and I see a lot for EEs. Unfortunately none for me.

Get a job in Lancaster, PA and join the Basement
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
Iran n0el
ESOC Business Team

28 Feb 2019, 01:36

fightinfrenchman wrote:
n0el wrote:Just jump on indeed and linkedin and start firing out resumes. I frequently look for jobs in the Denver area, and I see a lot for EEs. Unfortunately none for me.

Not liberal enough for me, I wouldn't fit in. :chinese:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

28 Feb 2019, 01:36

n0el wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

You can help make Pennsylvania blue again. By not moving to PA you're basically voting for Trump
Iran n0el
ESOC Business Team

28 Feb 2019, 01:56

fightinfrenchman wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You can help make Pennsylvania blue again. By not moving to PA you're basically voting for Trump

Wrong because I would be making Michigan more red.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

28 Feb 2019, 01:59

n0el wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Wrong because I would be making Michigan more red.

PA has more electoral college votes
Iran n0el
ESOC Business Team

28 Feb 2019, 02:00

Need both to win!
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

28 Feb 2019, 03:19

n0el wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Urban PNW needs more Midwest presence.

But the drinks are expensive.

No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

28 Feb 2019, 04:13

kami_ryu wrote:

I am indeed qualified as an engineer and indeed in Denver. But I can't help. I'm not engineering right now. I have pretty much no networking for this place in regards to engineering. Colorado and Denver are really dynamic though so you should be able to find something.. hopefully a good paying job so you can pay this ridiculous rent.

There are opportunities around here. I just don't happen to have any. I'm in aviation exclusively, unfortunately.

I am applying to Lockheed Martin and Boeing but I honestly am not expecting much. I figured I might as well apply and see what happens.
LP-33
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

28 Feb 2019, 04:15

I got my Boeing rejection slip about 5 months after I applied 8-)

No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme

28 Feb 2019, 04:41

kami_ryu wrote:

Why unfortunate?
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

28 Feb 2019, 04:55

umeu wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:

Why unfortunate?

OP is in Electrical.

France kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

28 Feb 2019, 14:43

umeu wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:

Why unfortunate?

Unfortunately for the OP. Not for me. I'm fine where I'm at. I could be making more money engineering but I have a very easy job right now for okay money. and I network like a boss right now.

I just need to move on from being a ramp rat to an actual flying gig.
thanks RK
France kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

28 Feb 2019, 14:44

S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:

I am applying to Lockheed Martin and Boeing but I honestly am not expecting much. I figured I might as well apply and see what happens.

There are lots of other tech companies like Jeppesen and Sierra Nevada around too. May as well apply everywhere and see which lines get you something.
thanks RK
Great Britain Horsemen
Lancer

28 Feb 2019, 23:39

fightinfrenchman wrote:

This is the best advice

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”