Game of Thrones Season 8

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Post by n0el »

The whole dragonriding thing really bothered me. Itā€™s such a huge deal in the book universe and it was just completely glanced over in these scenes.
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

n0el wrote:The whole dragonriding thing really bothered me. Itā€™s such a huge deal in the book universe and it was just completely glanced over in these scenes.
Well it is a big deal, it shows that Jon is Targaryen but it's not like they have time to really focus on it
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Gibshit, will you be the mother of my dragons?
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

gibson wrote:
n0el wrote:The whole dragonriding thing really bothered me. Itā€™s such a huge deal in the book universe and it was just completely glanced over in these scenes.
Well it is a big deal, it shows that Jon is Targaryen but it's not like they have time to really focus on it

All they had to do was introduce it in 10 seconds of screen time, instead he just jumps on and Dany doesn't seem to even care other than her BF can ride with her to secret hook up spots now.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I'm not familiar with this show at all but I really can't stand the opening theme for whatever reason
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I have watched all the episodes, and this is an epic series. I have some issues keeping up whith who is who, and what, but I cannot bring myself to watch it all over again. Too many heroes dyed, and the scene with the girl getting burned on a stick - too much, and I cannot watch it again. This is one time for me
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I'm not familiar with this show at all but I really can't stand the opening theme for whatever reason

BWWWAAAAAY hUHH BWWWAAAAY hUHH DOo DO DOooo (bway huh doo doo do dooo doo doo do dooo doo do doooo)
No Flag Superfly47
Musketeer
ESO: Superfly47

Post by Superfly47 »

The best aspect of Game of Thrones was having many characters with very different and unique storylines and experiences going on. If you've watched youtube videos of a characters journey during one season, you see there isnt actually that much time devoted to it as there so many other plots.

This episode had almost all the characters go to the same location for the same storyline, fight the Ice King and then presumably Cersei. There is also setting up the battle of the Greyjoys, another heroes join together for epic battles storyline.

This was mostly a filler episode. Most was just reunions of characters catching up. I expect high school reunions before Facebook would have been like this.

They relied upon gimmics to create tension about the Ice King. In previous seasons they would have shown the Ice King army destroying a village or steamroll a small force. Instead, they had Bran give warnings about needing to act, then the characters do the complete opposite and spend the episode catching up and flying for fun. Very poorly done, the old way of seeing the unstoppable force would have had the tension last as viewers would be worried that the characters aren't doing anything as this army is coming. Instead the tension from Bran's warnings stopped when the scene ended and the characters acted like not warnings happened.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Superfly47 wrote:The best aspect of Game of Thrones was having many characters with very different and unique storylines and experiences going on. If you've watched youtube videos of a characters journey during one season, you see there isnt actually that much time devoted to it as there so many other plots.

This episode had almost all the characters go to the same location for the same storyline, fight the Ice King and then presumably Cersei. There is also setting up the battle of the Greyjoys, another heroes join together for epic battles storyline.

This was mostly a filler episode. Most was just reunions of characters catching up. I expect high school reunions before Facebook would have been like this.

They relied upon gimmics to create tension about the Ice King. In previous seasons they would have shown the Ice King army destroying a village or steamroll a small force. Instead, they had Bran give warnings about needing to act, then the characters do the complete opposite and spend the episode catching up and flying for fun. Very poorly done, the old way of seeing the unstoppable force would have had the tension last as viewers would be worried that the characters aren't doing anything as this army is coming. Instead the tension from Bran's warnings stopped when the scene ended and the characters acted like not warnings happened.
Id say having a kid nailed to the wall with arms around him come alive as a white walker and burn with the arms isnt a gimmick. In fact it was one of the most memorable scenes from the entire show.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

so Arya sex scene pretty much ruined the series for me, although i guess the characters grow up, idk. I guess it's ok.

The fan response is gonna be more annoying than anything
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Yea, quite a lot of uncharacteristic things this season, and bad attempts at comedy.

With 33% of the final season, this is pretty sad.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The acapella scene was almost as good as the LOTR acapella scene but not really
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

"Hey long time no see, remember [line from season 1]"
"We're going to die tomorrow, but it'll be a good death!"
"I can't believe we're fighting for the Starks now lol"

I think that just about covers all the dialogue from that episode.

Also damn, they were really hinting at the "head bad guy is killed so his entire army drops dead instantly" LotR style ending happening. Hope that gets subverted. Feels completely antithetical to the series.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8yOdAqBFcQ
Now that I think about it LotR is just a much better GoT
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kawapasaka wrote:"Hey long time no see, remember [line from season 1]Also damn, they were really hinting at the "head bad guy is killed so his entire army drops dead instantly" LotR style ending happening. Hope that gets subverted. Feels completely antithetical to the series.

It won't.

I didn't see your LotR parallel until after I made my LotR parallel post, but it's obviously taking themes and doing a worse job with them.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

It's particularly funny because in some interview GRRM was contrasting his own work with LotR and he said something along the lines of "did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic Orc genocide?", to show how that sort of victory/ending is far too clean for his writing style.
So if all the wights just drop dead and that was his intention all along I guess he really is a hack. We'll see.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Crypts are actually not safe

Wight Ned UwU what blue eyes and bulge you have, Ned
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Yea, quite a lot of uncharacteristic things this season, and bad attempts at comedy.

With 33% of the final season, this is pretty sad.

I actually enjoyed the humor. The scenes with Tormund were hella funny. And it got serious when it needed to
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

They have 6 episodes to rap up the show and they have 2 of them be fucking intro episodes. The Arya fuck scene was unnecessary. The ginger bastard talking about sucking a giant titty was unnecessary. So much unnecessary stuff when you have literally 6 episodes to finish a show where there's easily enough content to do two more season. The directors and producers can suck my fucking nutsack
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

So much triggered over a TV show. *sighs*
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Having never seen this show it's very bizarre to read descriptions of scenes in it. I can't tell what's real and what's a joke
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

I feel very uncomfortable when watching GoT (that accolade scene at the end Image), but I keep watching because I've come too far to stop now.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

gibson wrote: The ginger bastard talking about sucking a giant titty was unnecessary.

That was legendary
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm 1/2 through ep. 3, but this series needs to end for its own good.