Notre Dame.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: Notre Dame.

Post by Kawapasaka »

umeu wrote:Funny how a building gets a thread, but nobody seems to bat an eyelash anymore when a few dozen people are murdered or if hundreds of people die in planecrashes or typhoons. If it was a terror attack, then they seem to have struck a chord! Even lejend and dolan are mortarfied.

Are you really surprised? There are hundreds of thousands of murders every year, how often is such an iconic monument destroyed (or heavily damaged)?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kawapasaka wrote:
umeu wrote:Funny how a building gets a thread, but nobody seems to bat an eyelash anymore when a few dozen people are murdered or if hundreds of people die in planecrashes or typhoons. If it was a terror attack, then they seem to have struck a chord! Even lejend and dolan are mortarfied.

Are you really surprised? There are hundreds of thousands of murders every year, how often is such an iconic monument destroyed (or heavily damaged)?

were not talking about isolated murders, are we? Iconic monuments do get damaged all the time. The spire that burned down, for example, isn't even the original spire. A host of world heritage sites got destroyed in the past 2 decades in Iraq and Syria. In france, half of their medieval castles are falling into irreversible disrepair. I'm not surprised that this fire saddens people, it saddens me too, but if this is a national tragedy, then it erodes the meaning of the word, in my opinion.

but in any case, the point about weariness is indeed valid, I think, and it seems that as people have become callous to murders, as there are so many of them, people now too seem to become callous to terror events against people, as there have been many of them recently. So, again, IF this was a terror attack, which it seems like it wasn't based on what the French government is telling its people and the world, then it is a successful change in strategy. Even if Muslims didn't set this building ablaze, people posting things like what bramboy posted will nonetheless use it to sow, maintain and perpetuate division, and thus only playing right into terrorist aims, had it been a terrorist attack.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Djigit wrote:[spoiler=Kappacabana]Image[/spoiler]

Would you like to explain why you chose to show this tweet in this thread?
Alarmism is always funny. Those who peddle these stories are trashcans, that's a given, but what is even more funny is the emotionalism surrounding this event, mostly on social media:
"Im not even Christian and this breaks my heart, literally one of the most amazing buildings in Europe."

"I’m actually crying. Such a sad thing. I cannot wrap my mind around losing something like Notre Dame"

"I feel you. I just did a batch of crying but I am feeling it coming again. This is just... i can't believe it's happening. It survived 8 centuries only to go down in flames on our watch."

#Kappalibertadores
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The same normies who crossed their hearts they would never listen to MJ's songs again after that documentary are now weeping crocodile tears over Notre Dame.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:The same normies who crossed their hearts they would never listen to MJ's songs again after that documentary are now weeping crocodile tears over Notre Dame.

yes like these guys!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nah, that's actually a different phenomenon, those aren't normies.
They're edgy kids who want to reconquer Constantinople.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:Nah, that's actually a different phenomenon, those aren't normies.

damn. but they both cry?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Dunno, is the alt right crying about this?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Normy
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

It's impossible for anybody to have feelings that I don't have, because if I don't have them they can't exist
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:Dunno, is the alt right crying about this?

someone is crying, you seem to know all about who is, so i'm asking you, expert of all, like metis
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Dolan wrote:Nah, that's actually a different phenomenon, those aren't normies.

You think wanting to retake Constantine is being edgy ? Wtf
RETAKE CONSTANTINOPLE EVERYONE
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

No, but when you're asked a troll question, you give a troll answer.

[spoiler=-]now watch them get triggered about the honkler[/spoiler]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:No, but when you're asked a troll question, you give a troll answer.

oh, and here was me thinking you were capable of engaging in serious thought and debate, but turns out, you're just another troll. Good to know! I almost took your normie comment seriously, but now I know better, once a troll, always a dolan.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Your reply couldn't have been serious either. Even if you use basic logic you realise the alt right are not normies, lol. And they have much different reasons for being concerned about the burning of the Notre Dame than normies do.
But welp, it sucks when I have to spell it out.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:Your reply couldn't have been serious either. Even if you use basic logic you realise the alt right are not normies, lol. And they have much different reasons for being concerned about the burning of the Notre Dame than normies do.

Sorry for not being familiar with all your hispter terms. I dont need newspeak to be cool. I just sweat charisma, like a real man does.

But who are normies, why are they crying because of the notre dame, and what does mj have to with it? Im intrigued, tell me profeshor dolannnn
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

What I don't get is why didn't they fireproof that wooden spire and roof. Even if it was last restored in the 19th century, they could have still applied chemical treatments to the wood to make it non-flammable.
There's a type of fire retardant paint you can apply to make the wood more resistant to flame exposure.

https://youtu.be/5fxuX6M3jgQ
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Already 300m+ in donations. Probably intentionally started by the French government so that they can restore it with like a tenth of the money they got for it, keeping the rest. :hmm:
One way to tax the rich, I guess.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dolan wrote:What I don't get is why didn't they fireproof that wooden spire and roof. Even if it was last restored in the 19th century, they could have still applied chemical treatments to the wood to make it non-flammable.
There's a type of fire retardant paint you can apply to make the wood more resistant to flame exposure.

https://youtu.be/5fxuX6M3jgQ

If they have building code they probably did.

Fire resistance is not the same as fire proofing. Putting some temporary heat on a paint is not the same as prolonged, higher heat, and the decreased chemical effectiveness brought with exposure and time.

Also, this paint is white, and white is uglier than wood.

Also, regulations are good.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

ESOC is such a shithole
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Macron dabbing on them haters!

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

by the same measures 9/11 was epic because 2 towers fell :roll:
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

umeu wrote:
Dolan wrote:Your reply couldn't have been serious either. Even if you use basic logic you realise the alt right are not normies, lol. And they have much different reasons for being concerned about the burning of the Notre Dame than normies do.

Sorry for not being familiar with all your hispter terms. I dont need newspeak to be cool. I just sweat charisma, like a real man does.

But who are normies, why are they crying because of the notre dame, and what does mj have to with it? Im intrigued, tell me profeshor dolannnn
I didn't cry, but I'm pretending to on the internet and you can't tell the difference. Too bad.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
umeu wrote:which it seems like it wasn't based on what the French government is telling its people and the world

Do you really believe that?

It's obvious that it's intentionally caused. We just simply aren't living in a world where something like this wouldn't be done intentionally. We're at war, and have been for a while now. The traitors in the French government are going to suppress it. Journalists, just like our governments and corporate overlords, are enemies of the people, and won't give you anything but the official 'accident' story. Let's look at the facts that we currently know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okwC3MgpdBE

Who is this guy? The French government has confirmed that there were no workers on site at the time of the fire, ~18:30. The project lead has also confirmed that electricity was shut off during the construction. In case you hadn't realized yet, Monday marked exactly 30 days since the terrible Christchurch attack. Furthermore, Monday was the first day of the Holy Week of Easter, a Christian holiday. This was not only an attack on the Notre Dame, but an attack on Western civilization as we know it. Thankfully, if there's anyone to count on to ignite a revolution, it's the French. God forbid it's too late for change.

I personally dont care. I havent read up on the event or looked for any explanation. It could be an accident. It could be arson with terror motives and a cover up. It could be a staged job to blame muslims. I'm not jumping to any conclusions. Those who do, usually have an agenda.

In any case, if this was an attack on western civilization, what was the attack in christ church? The bombing of several mosques in iraq? Was the germans bombing of the rheims cathedral in the world wars an attack on western civilisation? They intentionally tried to destroy it. You sound quite a lot like propaganda. God forbid? What's next, Dues vult? You do realise that people who talk like you have only deepened this rift over the past 20 years.

looking at the video, it actually seems like a firefighter. Just ask yourself, do you really believe that a terrorist would dress up in the most attention drawing garb in this context, while setting a building on fire, and then just stay in the building for a long time after, near the fire, after having succeeded. Do you really believe that? IF you think this is a war, then you make a fatal mistake in underestimating your "enemies".
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I am really sorry for the Frensh ppl, and all of us. I visited Paris 2 years ago, and walk around Notre Dame, it was a breathtaking building. I did not go in to it, due to very long ques. but the outher site was really stunning.
I do not know how to express my feelings about this, It's just really, really saddening to me. I see that there is a lot of donations coming in, 7 billion thus far, but I think it will prolly take 100 billion to rebuild this magnificent building.
I am really sorry for your loss ppl of Paris, and all the rest of us 2.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.