215 dead in terror attacks, Sri Lanka

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: 215 dead in terror attacks, Sri Lanka

Post by fightinfrenchman »

You have no way of knowing who the perpetrators are
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

For the (maybe) first time in my life, I agree with ear. You are taking too many assumptions and maybe the only big terrorist organization you know about is ISIS.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

You're dismissing evidence that local authorities and the media on the ground already have. The AFP has an article about first-hand witnesses in a hotel who saw one of the attackers before he blew himself. Since many of them escaped the blast, they were able to recognise and describe the attacker. The story has been covered here, but it's behind a paywall:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... etonating/
Shangri-La suicide bomber identified

The police today informed Colombo Chef Magistrateā€™s Court that the suicide bomber of the Shangri-La hotel had been identified as Insan Seelavan and owned a factory in Avissawella- Wellampitiya road.

Nine employees of the said factory were arrested by the Wellampitiya Police and were remanded till May 6 after being produced in the Colombo Chief Magistrateā€™s Court.

The Police also informed the court that the suicide bomber was suspected to have links with other suicide killers died in the Dematagoda blast.

Source: http://www.dailymirror.lk/breaking_news ... 108-165730
Various government ministers have also held press conferences and shared some details relating to these suicide bombers:
http://www.dailymirror.lk/breaking_news ... 108-165740
Suicide bomber previously arrested for vandalism: Kabir

One of the suicide bombers who blew himself up in an attack last Sunday had been a suspect who was arrested a few months ago in connection with an incident in Mawanella in which Buddha statues were damaged, Highways Minister Kabir Hashim said at a press conference held today.

ā€œOne of my security officers was attacked in the incident. A few suspects were arrested and some of them were released later. It was found that one of them had been the suicide bomber of an attack that took place last Sunday. I am in the process of receiving more information on this,ā€ he said.
Some foreign intelligence agency had already tipped them off on potential suicide attacks, two weeks before these events:
http://www.dailymirror.lk/breaking_news ... 108-165676
Minister Harin Fernando today tweeted the image of an internal memo and report by the police intelligence of a terror attack to be carried out by an organisation called National Thawheed Jamath.

ā€œSome intelligence officers were aware of this incidence. Therefore there was a delay in action. What my father heard was also from an intelligence officer. Serious action need to be taken as to why this warning was ignored. I was in Badulla last night,ā€ the minister tweeted.

The letter signed by the DIG and dated on April 11 was addressed to a number of key officials in the security services including the Directors of the Ministerial Security Division (MSD), Former Presidentsā€™ Security Division and the Ambassadors Security Division.

The letter titled ā€œInformation of an alleged plan attackā€ said the state intelligence services had received information from a foreign intelligence service to the effect that National Thowheed Jamath Leader Mohammed Zahran was about to launch a suicide bomb attack in Sri Lanka targeting famous catholic churches and the Indian High Commission.

In the letter, the DIG requested the concerned authorities to pay attention to the information and to beef up the security provided to VIP personnel and to the locations.
Why were these informations not taken into account is not known yet. It could be incompetence or it could be other reasons that we don't know about. Maybe they've been tipped off before and nothing happened.

So authorities and the media over there already have clear informations on the perpetrators, based on first-person witnesses and governmental sources.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I don't trust any of those governmental authorities or the media. I only trust my own prior beliefs
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Well the president is accusing indian intelligence on planning his assassination, so maybe he's busy doing that idk.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I'm calling dibs on @easterworsher9

analworsher9 is very pleased.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

At least trump labeled it as an attack on Christians, donald keeping the RETAKING OF CONSTANTINOPLE his primary objective, god bless you president!!
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@EAGLEMUT If you keep liking Bramboy's post you will no longer best mut and will be demoted to not so good mut
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Image

Imagine this headline for a change. Christianity is the most persecuted religion worldwide measured by the corpses (the ultimate measurement of religious persecution). Islamaphobia is a myth and a drop in the bucket compared to deaths of people who were killed because they believed Christ was their lord and savior. There is currently an attempt to destroy western civilization by corrupt leaders in various countries and leftist media. Western civilization was built on the values of Christianity and for the most part by White Europeans. That's why there is nonstop hate for white people and Christianity. They are trying to dehumanize these people. They can't even say the word Christian or Catholic. They do this on purpose. MAGA!
You forgot to change shootings to bombings. Your opinion is now invalid.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Should we start calling Muslims Ramadan worshippers in the meantime?
To be fair, it was Easter. If someone attacked Muslims at their holy place in Mecca I could see people calling it an attack on X worshippers, where X is whatever that black cube thing is called.
This way if people refer to the tweets much later on, people will know it was on Easter and not some random day.

What is interesting though is that they both used the same words.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Lol no
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Disgusting! The state run media that is controlled by the notoriously pro-Muslim Trump administration is doing it too!
Attachments
download_20190422_115145.jpg
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

I can never for the life of me understand why, on literally every issue, people engage in such pointless whataboutery. Literally every issue, whether it be persecution on religion, race or gender, people always seem to feel the need to draw attention to an element of their own identity that is somehow threatened when events like these attacks are condemned.

I mean, really? Is it such a big issue that someone says "Easter worshippers" and not "Christians"? No, obviously not. The real attack against Christians here was the horrific bombings ā€“ not a few politicians/news sources describing people worshipping during Easter as "Easter worshippers".

Get a grip people.
Canada Jam
Jaeger

Post by Jam »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Disgusting! The state run media that is controlled by the notoriously pro-Muslim Trump administration is doing it too!
Please explain to me why after an attack on a mosque the BBC refuses to refer to the victims as Muslims?

The Guardian is in on this too!

Ramadan Worshipers? Mosque Worshipers? Anything to avoid using the word Muslim!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Good find.

However, it's not the same as when the same politicians have a different attitude to different kinds of worshippers (as I've shown with Obama and H Clinton). That's simply hypocrisy. They built their careers on commiserating with every minority of the world and they find it awkward to commiserate with Christians, for some reason. They feel the need to call them "Eastern worshippers". It's really telling. It's like they find it embarrassing for them to commiserate with people of their own majority culture. They're almost ashamed to do that. :smile:

"How could I do that? I'm not getting any brownie points from the media if I do that!" - is what they think.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ah, i see, the famed Dolan impartiality. Epic. Very convincing proof. You should writea book about it.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Dolan wrote:Good find.

However, it's not the same as when the same politicians have a different attitude to different kinds of worshippers (as I've shown with Obama and H Clinton). That's simply hypocrisy. They built their careers on commiserating with every minority of the world and they find it awkward to commiserate with Christians, for some reason. They feel the need to call them "Eastern worshippers". It's really telling. It's like they find it embarrassing for them to commiserate with people of their own majority culture. They're almost ashamed to do that. :smile:

"How could I do that? I'm not getting any brownie points from the media if I do that!" - is what they think.

i find that ridiculous considering they are both Christians.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

n0el wrote:
i find that ridiculous considering they are both Christians.

Clinton is actually a Satanist, or is Satan herself. I can never keep that straight
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Ffs
Canada Jam
Jaeger

Post by Jam »

Dolan wrote:Good find.

Your proof is two whole tweets.

Here are the 4 tweets that exist in which Obama uses the word muslim: https://twitter.com/search?q=muslim%20f ... a&src=typd
Here are the 4 in which he uses the word christian: https://twitter.com/search?q=christian% ... a&src=typd

I see no bias here. Of these only one is expressing sympathy for an attack.

Clinton has no tweets using the word christian, but has many mentioning the word muslim: https://twitter.com/search?q=muslim%20f ... n&src=typd

Of there only one is expressing sympathy for an attack. The rest are all from the 2016 election campaign and are a response to Trump's anti-muslim rhetoric. Nothing wrong with that.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Jam wrote:Of these only one is expressing sympathy for an attack.

Clinton has no tweets using the word christian, but has many mentioning the word muslim: https://twitter.com/search?q=muslim%20f ... n&src=typd

Of there only one is expressing sympathy for an attack. The rest are all from the 2016 election campaign and are a response to Trump's anti-muslim rhetoric. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Obama shows sympathy for Muslim victims by calling them that way, but doesn't address Christians directly while showing sympathy for the victims of the Sri Lanka attacks using a similar measure. He calls them "Eastern worshippers".

Clinton does the same thing and besides that she doesn't mention Christians ever, right? How are these two American politicians representing that huge number of Christians from the USA? Really makes you wonder...

Not that I have any particular sympathy for any religion myself. But just saying that their variable attitudes show something significant.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I think Impartiadolan is on to something here!
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan is totally correct with his airtight case. There is no problem with starting with the assumption that Obama and Hillary communicate solely via Twitter
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Can you address the obvious points rather than jeering at my points, which shows you have no arguments?