vape corner

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Re: vape corner

Post by Jam »

The only thick clouds I want are in heaven.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Dolan wrote:So it's easy to quit smoking. I don't see what the big deal is.
It's actually not easy for everyone to quit smoking. People smoke for a variety of reasons. In addition, there are different "whys" and "hows" people become addicted. Further, there is the length of time that one has smoked, as well as when they started smoking. Thus, there is no "one size fits all" method for quitting smoking. Just because you were able to quit cold turkey, doesn't mean that everyone can. This type of thinking is dangerous as it limits your ability for empathy/promotes closed-mindedness and can also make others feel like shit. It's important to recognize and understand that each individual is different - our biology and life experiences shape each of us. I get it, I struggle sometimes with it as well. "If someone like me could go through this, then surely others can too." But each individual is incredibly complex. Don't limit yourself and your own personal growth by assuming that we're all alike.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Dolan wrote:I quit smoking without any helpers. One day, I just threw the pack away and stopped smoking.

You sir, have my respect
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
Dolan wrote:So it's easy to quit smoking. I don't see what the big deal is.
It's actually not easy for everyone to quit smoking. People smoke for a variety of reasons. In addition, there are different "whys" and "hows" people become addicted. Further, there is the length of time that one has smoked, as well as when they started smoking. Thus, there is no "one size fits all" method for quitting smoking. Just because you were able to quit cold turkey, doesn't mean that everyone can. This type of thinking is dangerous as it limits your ability for empathy/promotes closed-mindedness and can also make others feel like shit. It's important to recognize and understand that each individual is different - our biology and life experiences shape each of us. I get it, I struggle sometimes with it as well. "If someone like me could go through this, then surely others can too." But each individual is incredibly complex. Don't limit yourself and your own personal growth by assuming that we're all alike.
Yeah, I know what you're saying and I am aware of how such an attitude makes me look like. It's not because of lack of empathy that I say this, it's because I know that there's no such thing as physical addiction to nicotine. I know that companies have funded research to prove that there is such a thing, because they wanted to sell nicotine patches. But actually smoking addiction is nothing but operant conditioning. You condition yourself into associating smoking with relieving stress and this feeling of "getting a break from stress while smoking" is what makes one addicted. There's no serious physical addiction like in the case of some synthetic drugs or psyhoactive compounds (including pills). So it's really the easiest addiction to break. But most people just lack the discipline and they backslide fast. It's kinda the same as with losing weight, most people eventually relapse into the bad old habits, because they can't stick to a certain discipline. That rush of dopamine they get when they indulge themselves is a feeling that overrides every other cognitive bells that warn them they're on the wrong path.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

In this moment I am euphoric.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

deleted_user wrote:In this moment I am euphoric.

Bad avatar
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

I cant stop snus :(
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

Googol wrote:I cant stop snus :(
If it stops you from smoking it is very good. Don't worry about it
Canada Jam
Jaeger

Post by Jam »

I'm finding it very difficult to start smoking. The price is already a big turnoff, and then I have difficulties with coughing when I try to inhale. I don't really like the smell either. Any tips? Kudos to people who have managed to start smoking, it's not easy!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Vape Canaveral
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I found it hard to stop smoking, for a very long time. It felt like a shame, cos I knew it was ruining my health. I wish I stopped earlier. But vaping got me off those icky sticks, and if some ppl here are struggling like I was, I would gladly give them some pieces of advice. Thats all ;) you can PM me
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

dietschlander wrote:
Dolan wrote:I quit smoking without any helpers. One day, I just threw the pack away and stopped smoking.

You sir, have my respect
It's not that hard. Overcoming any addiction is somewhat similar to overcoming narcissism. Lots of people fail at overcoming their overgrown love for themselves and you can really spot it very easily. They just cannot learn how to live with their self in a humbler form.
Similarly, lots of people cannot overcome their cravings for whatever provides them with a temporary fix, with a way to cope with their stress. That's what smoking is for most people, just a way to deal with stress, to take a break from it. A few minutes of self-indulgence. But then the minutes become tens of minutes, hours.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Best way to quit smoking cigarettes is to start smoking weed
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

This thread is a foolish attempt to ride on the huge success of the "ESOC XXX Corner" brand.
Besides, vaping is faggy.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Snuden wrote:This thread is a foolish attempt to ride on the huge success of the "ESOC XXX Corner" brand.

I am faggy :P but smoking sigs are stupid :shock:
I can give some bits of advice on how to ditch those if you like ;)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Snuden wrote:This thread is a foolish attempt to ride on the huge success of the "ESOC XXX Corner" brand.

I am faggy :P but smoking sigs are stupid :shock:
I can give some bits of advice on how to ditch those if you like ;)

I quit every now and then for 1-2 weeks at a time. :flowers:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Canada Jam
Jaeger

Post by Jam »

Dolan wrote:
dietschlander wrote:

You sir, have my respect
It's not that hard. Overcoming any addiction is somewhat similar to overcoming narcissism. Lots of people fail at overcoming their overgrown love for themselves and you can really spot it very easily. They just cannot learn how to live with their self in a humbler form.
Similarly, lots of people cannot overcome their cravings for whatever provides them with a temporary fix, with a way to cope with their stress. That's what smoking is for most people, just a way to deal with stress, to take a break from it. A few minutes of self-indulgence. But then the minutes become tens of minutes, hours.
Funny you mention this. I was just attacked by a narcissistic sociopath at my grad school who used gaslighting and malicious rumours to engineer my mental breakdown and then filmed it and sent the video to the entire faculty and followers of my personal twitter account. Everyone is stunned/traumatized, everyone thought she was a wonderful person.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Riveting.