Lejend's little corner

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Lejend's little corner

Post by Goodspeed »

Jam wrote:Lejend once made me use 30% of my power. Impressive, for a mortal.
How did he do this?
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Goodspeed wrote:
Jam wrote:Lejend once made me use 30% of my power. Impressive, for a mortal.
How did he do this?
You'll have to read the manga. At one point I am forced to assume the form of Mr. Giggles.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This thred

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Saint Veronica was a woman of Jerusalem in the first century AD, according to extra-biblical tradition. Legend states that as Christ was carrying his cross to Calvary, his face dripping with sweat and blood, Veronica, a bystander, was moved with compassion and gave him her veil that he might wipe his forehead. Jesus accepted the offering, held it to his face, and then handed it back to her—the image of his face miraculously impressed upon it. This piece of cloth became known as the Veil of Veronica.

There is no reference to the story of Veronica and her veil in the canonical Gospels, but it's a nice story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWauHFPXtMo
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Dolan wrote:This thred

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Lejend's corner is the sane corner of esoc.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Riotcoke wrote:Lejend's corner is the sane corner of esoc.

hmm, :biggrin:
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

iwillspankyou wrote:https://youtu.be/WtqRD3V5Dy8
:uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:

Stop hijacking this thread
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Horsemen wrote:

should I leave you stupid right-wingers to yourself? is that what you are saying?
What is next? :cry:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Horsemen wrote:

should I leave you stupid right-wingers to yourself? is that what you are saying?
What is next? :cry:

Stop politicising this thread.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

lol. this thread is political @Horsemen @lejend is all over the place with his right-wing point of views, and so are you darling ;)
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Simon of Cyrene was the man compelled by the Romans to carry the cross of Jesus as he was taken to his crucifixion, according to all three Synoptic Gospels.

Matthew 27:32
"And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross."

Simon inspired the Cyrenian movement in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It has as its guiding principle, "sharing the burden", which it uses to explain its approach to providing services to homeless and other disadvantaged groups in society, often using volunteers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ThQIv1sR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zQWAjHtYA
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

iwillspankyou wrote:https://youtu.be/O7Bh2VQxaj8?list=PLjtTbhH2MweJc86at7JKPMzXF4nfs_uJc
here is some OP black ppl music :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

>associating thievery with black people

Stop being racist.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Richard Wurmbrand was born the youngest of four boys in a Jewish family on March 24, 1909. He grew up in bitter poverty, was orphaned in childhood, and by 14 had become, in his own words, “as convinced an atheist as any communist.” As a young man he was drawn to the left-wing politics that flourished in Bucharest in the 1930s.

Richard and his wife, Sabina Oster, who was also Jewish, placed their faith in Jesus Christ in 1938 as a result of the influence of an aged German carpenter named Christian Wölfkes. Richard had read the Bible before, but when given one by the carpenter he saw in it not mere words but “flames of love.” Weeping, he accepted Christ, and shortly afterward Sabina came to Christ as well. Richard was ordained as an Anglican, and later Lutheran, minister.

In 1945, Romanian Communists seized power and a million Russian troops poured into the country. Pastor Wurmbrand ministered to his oppressed countrymen while engaging in bold evangelism to the Russian soldiers.

That same year, Richard and Sabina attended the Congress of Cults, organized by the Romanian Communist government. Many religious leaders came forward to praise Communism and to swear loyalty to the new regime. Richard walked up to the podium and declared to the delegates, whose speeches were broadcast to the whole nation, that their duty was to glorify God and Christ alone.

On Feb. 29, 1948, the secret police kidnapped Richard as he traveled to church and took him to their headquarters. He was locked in a solitary cell and labeled “Prisoner Number 1.” Wurmbrand was released from his first imprisonment in 1956, after eight and a half years. Although he was warned not to preach, he resumed his work in the underground church. He was arrested again in 1959 and sentenced to 25 years.

During his imprisonment, he was beaten and tortured. Physical torture included mutilation, burning and being locked in a large frozen icebox. His body bore the scars of physical torture for the rest of his life. For example, he later recounted having the soles of his feet beaten until the flesh was torn off, then the next day beaten again to the bone. He said there were no words to describe the pain.

After serving a total of fourteen years, he was ransomed for $10,000 by the Norwegian Mission to the Jews and the Hebrew Christian Alliance (though the going rate for political prisoners was $1900). His colleagues in Romania urged him to leave the country and work for religious freedom from a location less personally dangerous. After spending time in Norway and England, he and his wife Sabina emigrated to America and dedicated the rest of their lives to publicizing and helping Christians who are persecuted for their beliefs.

Wurmbrand's best-known book, Tortured for Christ, was released in 1967. In several of his books he writes very boldly and emphatically against Communism; yet he maintained a hope and compassion even for those who tortured him by "looking at men… not as they are, but as they will be… I could also see in our persecutors. a future Apostle Paul… (and) the jailer in Philippi who became a convert."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIeKSrVdET0

Some quotes from Tortured for Christ:

“I have seen Christians in Communist prisons with fifty pounds of chains on their feet, tortured with red-hot iron pokers, in whose throats spoonfuls of salt had been forced, being kept afterward without water, starving, whipped, suffering from cold - and praying with fervor for the Communists. This is humanly inexplicable! It is the love of Christ, which was poured out in our hearts.”

“It was in prison that we found the hope of salvation for the Communists. It was there that we developed a sense of responsibility toward them. It was in being tortured by them that we learned to love them.”

“I have decided to denounce communism, though I love the Communists. I don't find it to be right to preach the gospel without denouncing communism.”

“We cannot always judge man for only one part of his attitude. If we did so, we would be like the Pharisees in whose eyes Jesus was seen as bad, because He did not respect their rules about the Sabbath. They closed their eyes entirely to what would have lovable in Jesus, even in their sight.”

1989 interview with Richard and Sabina:

https://streamable.com/pi4ep
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

lejend wrote:Image

So basically those places that the rich stay away from, by living in exclusive, gated communities. While occasionally throwing a few crumbs of donations, just because it looks good for PR and it affords you with more tax deductions.

High wealth looks very un-Christian, doesn' it. :smile:
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

It's not the wealth that's unChristian, it's what it can do to you. There's a lot of distractions from God in the world, and wealth is only one of them, though it's a big one. Note that wealth here doesn't refer to relative wealth alone; most of the poor and middle-class today have enough wealth to fool them into thinking they can do without God.

It's hard for anyone to be saved, it's just the wealthy have more stumbling blocks in their way.

Matthew 7

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Luke 13

22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

The Parable of the Sower

Matthew 13

That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

https://youtu.be/3FfG-Zg8wSs?t=66
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

When the whole ESOC Council is online

https://streamable.com/h7nbm
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Hey @lejend are u a pastor?
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Yes and this thread is his church.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

This thread is a cherished addition to the community.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

rsy wrote:Hey @lejend are u a pastor?

Nope.