Lejend's little corner

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Re: Lejend's little corner

Post by lejend »

The Faith of the Centurion

Luke 7

When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people who were listening, he entered Capernaum. 2 There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3 The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this, 5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.” 6 So Jesus went with them.

He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7 That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, “I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.” 10 Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W68NPdDvA0
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote:Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

The Lord's Prayer

Matthew 6

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.’

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wl-OZ3breE
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The older, better version:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

God is greater
I bear witness that there is no deity but God
I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I bear witness that Ali is the Vicegerent of God
Hasten to the prayer (Salah)
Hasten to the salvation
Hasten to the best of deeds
Prayer is better than sleep
God is greater
There is no deity but God

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

deleted_user wrote:The older, better version:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

People in marching band used to all hold hands and say this in unison before competitions. It was creepy as hell
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Riotcoke wrote:God is greater
Hasten to the salvation
God is greater

Spoken like a true Brit!
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Horsemen wrote:
Hasten to the salvation
God is greater

Spoken like a true Brit!

I do live near london.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Riotcoke wrote:
Horsemen wrote:
Hasten to the salvation
God is greater

Spoken like a true Brit!

I do live near london.

السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Horsemen wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I do live near london.

السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ

لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱلله

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Someone help, I rolled my eyes so hard they're stuck
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Heaven is like this, but while all are invited, only a few will accept the invitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4a-_2kybWI

Parable of the Wedding Banquet

Matthew 22

Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

Matthew Henry's interpretation of what the wedding clothes symbolize:

The design of the gospel is to gather souls to Christ; all the children of God scattered abroad, Joh 10:16; 11:52. The case of hypocrites is represented by the guest that had not on a wedding-garment. It concerns all to prepare for the scrutiny; and those, and those only, who put on the Lord Jesus, who have a Christian temper of mind, who live by faith in Christ, and to whom he is all in all, have the wedding-garment. The imputed righteousness of Christ, and the sanctification of the Spirit, are both alike necessary. No man has the wedding-garment by nature, or can form it for himself. The day is coming, when hypocrites will be called to account for all their presumptuous intruding into gospel ordinances, and usurpation of gospel privileges. Take him away. Those that walk unworthy of Christianity, forfeit all the happiness they presumptuously claimed. Our Saviour here passes out of the parable into that which it teaches. Hypocrites go by the light of the gospel itself down to utter darkness. Many are called to the wedding-feast, that is, to salvation, but few have the wedding-garment, the righteousness of Christ, the sanctification of the Spirit. Then let us examine ourselves whether we are in the faith, and seek to be approved by the King.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I bet Lejend pronounces it "Missouruh" and drives his daughter around town to sell girlscout cookies.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Amsel_ wrote:I bet Lejend pronounces it "Missouruh" and drives his daughter around town to sell girlscout cookies.

What's wrong with that
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

deleted_user wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:I bet Lejend pronounces it "Missouruh" and drives his daughter around town to sell girlscout cookies.

What's wrong with that

nothin' it's wholesome af :flowers: :love:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Amsel_ wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

What's wrong with that

nothin' it's wholesome af :flowers: :love:

That's what I thought.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

John Chrysostom's denunciation of slavery:

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Peter Claver is traditionally celebrated on 9 September.

A native of Spain, young Jesuit Peter Claver left his homeland forever in 1610 to be a missionary in the colonies of the New World. He sailed into Cartagena, a rich port city washed by the Caribbean. Required to spend six years studying theology before being ordained a priest, he lived in Jesuit houses at Tunja and Bogotá. During those preparatory years, he was deeply disturbed by the harsh treatment and living conditions of the black slaves who were brought from Africa.

By this time the slave trade had been established in the Americas for nearly 100 years, and Cartagena was a chief center for it. Ten thousand slaves poured into the port each year after crossing the Atlantic from West Africa under conditions so foul and inhuman that an estimated one-third of the passengers died in transit. Although the practice of slave-trading was condemned by Pope Paul III (later labeled “supreme villainy” by Pope Pius IX), it was a lucrative business and continued to flourish.

Claver's predecessor in his eventual lifelong mission, Father Alonso de Sandoval, S.J., was his mentor and inspiration. Sandoval devoted himself to serving the slaves for 40 years before Claver arrived to continue his work. Sandoval attempted to learn about their customs and languages; he was so successful that, when he returned to Seville, he wrote a book in 1627 about the nature, customs, rites and beliefs of the Africans. Sandoval found Claver an apt pupil. When he was solemnly professed in 1622, Claver signed his final profession document in Latin as: Petrus Claver, aethiopum semper servus (Peter Claver, servant of the Ethiopians [i.e. Africans] forever).

As soon as a slave ship entered the port, Claver moved into its infested hold to minister to the ill-treated and exhausted passengers. After the slaves were herded out of the ship and shut up in nearby yards to be gazed at by the crowds, Claver plunged in among them with medicines, food, bread, brandy, lemons, and tobacco. With the help of interpreters he gave basic instructions and assured his brothers and sisters of their human dignity and God’s love. During the 40 years of his ministry, Claver instructed and baptized an estimated 300,000 slaves.

Claver’s apostolate extended beyond his care for slaves. He became a moral force, indeed, the apostle of Cartagena. He preached in the city square, gave missions to sailors and traders as well as country missions, during which he avoided, when possible, the hospitality of the planters and owners and lodged in the slave quarters instead. Through years of unremitting toil and the force of his own unique personality, the slaves' situation slowly improved.

In the last years of his life Claver was too ill to leave his room. He lingered for four years, largely forgotten and neglected, physically abused and starved by an ex-slave who had been hired by the Superior of the house to care for him. He never complained about his treatment, accepting it as a just punishment for his sins. He died on 8 September 1654.

The city magistrates, who had previously considered him a nuisance for his persistent advocacy on behalf of the slaves, ordered a public funeral and he was buried with pomp and ceremony. The extent of Claver's ministry, which was prodigious even before considering the astronomical number of people he baptized, came to be realized only after his death.

"No life, except the life of Christ, has so moved me as that of St Peter Claver." - Pope Leo XIII

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Adam Smith, the 'Father of Capitalism', believed that slavery was not only highly inefficient and incompatible with a free market, but also especially wicked.

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

God this is a weird thread

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Everything about God is weird until it is not.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

That's why I'm Sikh

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV