ESOC Gender Identity Corner

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

ESOC Gender Identity Corner

Post by Snuden »

In this thread you can post your current gender. You may post several times a day (if your gender changes)

I right now identify as: Cisgender Male
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Re: ESOC Gender Identity Corner

Post by Horsemen »

I identify as a horse
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Shit Thread
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

i identify as apache attack helicopter
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Sargsyan wrote:i identify as apache attack helicopter
Attachments
joker.gif
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Avoided a gender change to: Arithmagender - by the smallest of margin.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I now identify as: 666 (Arithmagender)
[Sith] - Baphomet
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

your jokes are even worse than you think
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

This whole thread is dumb and I have sand in my teeth
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Sargsyan wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

your jokes are even worse than you think

Don't ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone for any reason ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been... ever, for any reason whatsoever...
- Michael Scott

Edit - Quoting Michael Scott for a proper #1500thpost
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think the term "cisgender" is quite an odd one. My natural assumption about someone who says they are male would be that they were born male and stayed that way. I would only assume otherwise if they specified transgender male. Idk, i guess i find it somewhat redundant.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

@Snuden Did you wish to have an actual discussion on sex, gender, and identity?
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

didn't read
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gamevideo113 wrote:I think the term "cisgender" is quite an odd one. My natural assumption about someone who says they are male would be that they were born male and stayed that way. I would only assume otherwise if they specified transgender male. Idk, i guess i find it somewhat redundant.

Cisgender is both male and female
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

umeu wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:I think the term "cisgender" is quite an odd one. My natural assumption about someone who says they are male would be that they were born male and stayed that way. I would only assume otherwise if they specified transgender male. Idk, i guess i find it somewhat redundant.

Yeah i know, i think the same goes for "cisgender female".
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

XeeleeFlower wrote:@Snuden Did you wish to have an actual discussion on sex, gender, and identity?

Better not! I havent been banned in a long time now and I want to keep it that way.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

XeeleeFlower wrote:@Snuden Did you wish to have an actual discussion on sex, gender, and identity?

I think it would be very interesting to conduct a study on the correlations between these three things in individuals. I'd be mainly curious from a statistical point of view.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

There's not much mystery about it, it's just another type of fetish, except that it affects how sexual interest is targeted. Instead of being targeted externally, it's targeted on oneself.
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

There actually is quite a bit of mystery since we do not know or fully understand genetics. It's not a fetish.

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's a psychological thing, not a genetic thing. It's a question of misdirected sexual interest. And yeah, well, let's just say that there's something about the human mind that complicates things about sexuality.

Also what is sad is that researchers have been drawn into political agendas, out of either an overgenerous feeling of indulging every possible sexual whim with the utmost level of thoughtfulness or simply because sometimes they're part of the whole scene.
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Are you saying that genetics are unrelated to one's psychology? :hmm:

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gamevideo113 wrote:
umeu wrote:

Well it's an academic term, where nuance is more important than it is for most people in their every day life.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Dolan wrote:There's not much mystery about it, it's just another type of fetish, except that it affects how sexual interest is targeted. Instead of being targeted externally, it's targeted on oneself.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that this gender stuff is done for sexual satisfaction, or is it a sublimation of libido into something else? Furthermore, is it actually abnormal to direct sexual interest towards oneself? Isn't that basically what girls do when they wear clothes with the express purpose of being 'cute' or 'sexy;' and isn't that essentially what men do when they feel pride or satisfaction in their penis? I like your idea of it being sex-related, though. I mean, if it weren't sex-related then what would it be?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Are you saying that genetics are unrelated to one's psychology? :hmm:
A breakthrough came in 1993 with a family in the Netherlands where all the men had a history of violence. Fifteen years of painstaking research revealed that they all lacked the same gene.

This gene produces an enzyme called MAOA, which regulates the levels of neurotransmitters involved in impulse control. It turns out that if you lack the MAOA gene or have the low-activity variant you are predisposed to violence. This variant became known as the warrior gene.

About 30% of men have this so-called warrior gene, but whether the gene is triggered or not depends crucially on what happens to you in childhood.

Jim Fallon, professor of psychiatry at the University of California, has a particularly personal interest in this research. After discovering a surprisingly large number of murderers in his family tree he had himself genetically tested and discovered he had an awful lot of genes that have been linked to violent psychopathic behaviour.

As he puts it: "People with far less dangerous genetics become killers and are psychopaths than what I have. I have almost all of them"

But Jim isn't a murderer - he's a respected professor.

His explanation is that he was protected from a potentially violent legacy by a happy childhood. "If you've the high-risk form of the gene and you were abused early on in life, your chances of a life of crime are much higher. If you have the high-risk gene but you weren't abused, then there really wasn't much risk. So just a gene by itself, the variant doesn't really dramatically affect behaviour, but under certain environmental conditions there is a big difference".

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31714853

If someone has all the expected genetic markers for psychopathy but they're not a psychopath, then why should we expect "gender identity" to be different? Typically, psychological traits are not predominantly genetic, I don't know of any psychological trait that is over 70% heritable and can be easily predicted in someone's kids, based on parents' genetics. Physical traits, like height, yes, but not psychological traits, because these are usually highly polymorphic (the result of a large number of genes, so there can be more causative factors that can variate).
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

umeu wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well it's an academic term, where nuance is more important than it is for most people in their every day life.

Could be. I have seen people use it in very "informal" instances (so to say) though, and I think it is spreading to everyday's use. Nothing wrong about it, i simply view it as saying "i have bought a new pair of black shoes which were painted black during their production cycle". I mean, why would you specify it considering that probably 99% of black shoes got their color that way? The "obligation" of further specification should be on the owner of the 1% of aftermarket-coloured shoes, not on everybody. (I'm not saying cisgender people are obliged to specify that they are cisgender, i was just making an example to make my point).
toxic, Insult, Racism ?