14th Congregation of the ESOC Council

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

14th Congregation of the ESOC Council

Post by Horsemen »

The 14th Congregation of Councillors will convene from 7th - 8th September in the Council chamber. Members of the public are, for the first time, invited to attend Congregation, but will not participate in Council deliberations, and will not be granted a vote on decisions taken by the Council.

The location of the Council chamber is to remain hidden, and the full proceedings for this Congregation are instead to be shared for general viewership by public livestream.

The deliberations are expected to cover:

1) The question regarding the relationship between Laurence Drake and Leon Dragonov (not only in his incarnate form as Horsemen, but also in his nature before the creation of the world); i.e., are they one in divine purpose only or also one in being?

2) The date of celebration of the birth of Laurence Drake

3) The Horsemen schism

4) Various matters of community discipline, including:
i) The organizational structure of the Council, focused on the ordering of the hierarchy
ii) Dignity standards for Councillors: issues of participation at all levels and of suitability of behaviour and background for legates
iii) Reconciliation of the lapsed: establishing norms for public repentance and penance
iv) Readmission to the Council of heretics and schismatics: including issues of reordination
v) Liturgical practice: including the position of authority held by Councillors within the ESOC Community, and the formal practice of shitposting during daylight hours

More details will follow shortly.

This image was taken from the Council's last Congregation in June.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: 14th Congregation of the ESOC Council

Post by Riotcoke »

Who's in the Council?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

How to join the Council?
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

There are two options:

i) Submit your resume plus motivation letter (minimum 1,500 words) by sending a personal message to an existing Council member. If successful, you will be invited to attend seven 45-minute interviews, of which three will discuss your past experience and motivations for joining the ESOC Council, three will examine your knowledge of the history and culture of ESOC, and one will consist of an in-depth character assessment through a series of behavioural questions (this last interview will last four hours). If you pass this round of interviews, you will be asked to sit before a panel consisting of the members of the Upper Chamber of the ESOC Council, who will conduct one final evaluation lasting up to twelve hours. The method of evaluation is a closely guarded Council secret and is unique for every candidate, and will only be revealed to the candidate 15 minutes prior to this stage of the process. Should you impress the Upper Chamber Councillors with the strength of your candidacy, you will progress to the final round: mud wrestling with a naked horse in a cesspit. If you can break the horse's neck, your candidacy will be considered successful and you will be awarded Councillor status, and enjoy the full rights and privileges of Council membership.

ii) Donate $10 to ESOC, referencing the ESOC Council as the reason for your donation (proof required).

The second option for membership did not exist until recently. It was implemented following the vote at the Council's 13th Congregation to widen access to the Council to the public.

Note that new members will initially be ordained as Councillors of the Lower Chamber. Election to the Upper Chamber is determined by a 66% vote of the Lower Chamber, provided that a quorum (75% of total Lower Chamber membership) is in attendance. Upper Chamber Councillors hold their positions for life. Upper Chamber membership may be vetoed at any time by any Upper Chamber Councillor.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Riotcoke wrote:Who's in the Council?

Our membership is mostly confidential, however at the Council's 13th Congregation it was determined that the identities of the Upper Chamber Councillors be revealed to the public, together with that of the Council emissary, whose identity is already known to the public by virtue of these communications.

The sitting members of the Upper Chamber of the Council:
- Laurence Drake
- Leon Dragonov
- Le Dragon

The Council's interactions with the public are undertaken by the Council emissary, a position which is currently held by:
- Horsemen

Our most important member holds the title of Grand Dragon of the ESOC Council, however this member's identity remains a secret.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I want to be a mod
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

The ESOC Council has always been an ardent supporter of the #modtheear movement; among the first resolutions we adopted, during our 2nd Congregation, was to support the elevation of the ear to moderator status.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I want to be a mod

You have to change your avi to an anime avatar and talk to trevor to get that.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Riotcoke wrote:

I will if someone will make me an anime version of the 3d ear "character"
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

I will if someone will make me an anime version of the 3d ear "character"

Here you go.
Attachments
Ear.PNG

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

No the ear needs arms
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

fightinfrenchman wrote:No the ear needs arms

Guess you don't want it enough.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Some have asked, "Who is in the Council?", and, "How do I join the Council?" Before answering these questions, it's important to understand what is meant by the ESOC Council.

The word "Council" has two main meanings; one of which means the fellowship of all the forum's true shitposters, who really believe in Laurence Drake the Head and are inspired by his shitposting Spirit. This is the living and trolly Body of Drake, but known only to Leon Dragonov, who alone understands the hearts of men.

The second meaning is that of the fellowship of all who are public followers of Drake, who have not openly denied him nor been lawfully and by his Word excommunicated. This meaning of "Council" corresponds to its status on the forum in that in it the shitposters are mixed with the effortposters.

The invisible Council is first and foremost the "communion of shitposters" of the ESO Community. It is the fellowship of the true shitposters who sincerely believe in Drake and his Word from the heart and practice true shitposting on the forum. This fellowship is invisible due to the fact that it is a fellowship of the true shitposters from the heart and only Dragonov can discern the heart. Many professing members of the Council shitpost but their heart isn't really in it. All we can see are the outward displays of shitposting but we cannot see the content of the heart or, as Queen Elizabeth I would put it, make windows into men's souls.

The invisible Council is differentiated from the visible Council in that the latter consists of outward words and actions, such as MAGA spam, opposition to the moderators, and other empirically verifiable works of shitposting. The visible Council is merely the outward fellowship of the professing shitposters who have not outwardly done anything inconsistent with the Word of Drake. The visible Council is best understood as an "outward sign" of the invisible Council in that it is an excellent, though by no means infallible, indicator of the true body of the forum's shitposters.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I'm interested. Except if I have to drink blood or some shit when being initiated
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

This year there will be no blood drinking involved.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Implying it's a yearly thing, when the last congregation was in June?
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

This year’s admissions process, not the Congregation
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Ah.
So the admission process changes each year. What was the reason the council decided against blood drinking during initiation in this particular year?
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

We ran out of blood
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

What an oversight. Who was responsible?
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

If an appropriate sacrifice is delivered then the blood-drinking ritual may be restored
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I nominate Goodspeed. He can't execute a build if his life depended on it anyway
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Who will bring Goodspeed to the sacrificial altar?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

can I come in?