Re: How To Say

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

germans... have humour? :O
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

How To Say V2

Post by Dolan »

So making fun of Germans is fair game.

Making fun of umeu is not. :hmm:

das racis!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:So making fun of Germans is fair game.

Making fun of umeu is not. :hmm:

das racis!

why do you assume he was talking about me? I didn't feel addressed by what he said. You should wonder why you need me to be a nigger. That says something about the fragility of your sense of self.

also what i said was a reaction to a joke made by someone else. knusch was just trying to insult ppl wthout being involved in the conversation.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

duckzilla wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
duckzilla wrote:ah ok, then I just did a bad job at explaining my interpration of "kh".... sorry for the confusion and let op, drempels!

Drempel means speed bump. I think you mean something else :hmm:

Oh no, its exactly what I mean and refers to the ubiquitous road signs warning of drempels which are found pretty much everywhere a German tourist would go in the Netherlands. Sorry for my very German sense of humour :uglylol:

German roads are pretty terrible, to be fair. I drove in Germany during a few trips in the summer and it's safe to say I was very happy when I arrived into The Netherlands again. The Ausfahrts were the most striking part of the trip: the German highway expects you to take a 90 degrees turn while approaching with 130 km/ph but has no problems making the Ausfahrt only a hundred meters long. Those really caught me off guard the first few times I drove on them and in The Netherlands, those would be deemed dangerous and outright illegal.

We just like to warn you of impending doom by placing a ton of signs everywhere.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

wtf, why delete yomeyo's post :(
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@deleted_user
Cmon, the context was clear. You made fun of Germans, Knusch turned the same joke against you (he probably presumed you're black). Someone reported his post, probably. And moderation considered only his joke to break the rules.

I just pointed out that this treatment was discriminatory, 's all. Either let both jokes or delete them both, imo.

Nothing to do with me, dunno why you feel the need to make all sorts of projections about me.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Dolan wrote:@deleted_user
Cmon, the context was clear. You made fun of Germans, Knusch turned the same joke against you (he probably presumed you're black). Someone reported his post, probably. And moderation considered only his joke to break the rules.

I just pointed out that this treatment was discriminatory, 's all. Either let both jokes or delete them both, imo.

Nothing to do with me, dunno why you feel the need to make all sorts of projections about me.

One of them contained a harmless joke that all Germans have embraced and accepted. The other contained a racial slur associated with the deaths of millions and one of the worst periods in Western history, and also reinforced a racial stereotype. You can't seriously believe both are the same type of joke?
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

the gravity of both "jokes" is entirely different, which you are conveniently ignoring, dolan?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:@deleted_user

The contexts are indeed clear. And it definitely has something to do with you if you can't tell the difference between contexts. I didn't actually make the joke about german humor first. So why doesn't he turn the table Duckzilla? Surely it has nothing to do with the akromatic supremacy which you embrace.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

If that's a racial slur, why do they call each other that way?
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

can we not feign ignorance
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:If that's a racial slur, why do they call each other that way?

Who is they? All niggers?

And who are they? All people with brown skin? I can assure you that "they" don't call each other that way. Some people do. Mostly from the USA. The others are mostly pewdiepie followers. and akromatic supremacists :)

Again, you should have to perhaps consider why you need other people to be niggers rather than wonder why they purposely identify with a mock name or insult BY TAKING IT UP as a honorary title. In Dutch we call this a Geuzennaam.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Why didn't Youtube take this video down? The title is a racial slur.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

umeu wrote:

And who are they? All people with brown skin? I can assure you that "they" don't call each other that way. Some people do. Mostly from the USA. The others are mostly pewdiepie followers. and akromatic supremacists :)

Again, you should have to perhaps consider why you need other people to be niggers rather than wonder why they purposely identify with a mock name or insult BY TAKING IT UP as a honorary title. In Dutch we call this a Geuzennaam.
I just don't understand what the big fuss is about calling someone a certain word.

I wouldn't mind being called a whitey or whatever. Or a Wallach by Turks who killed and enslaved my ancestors.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

k we lost this thread, too
rip
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

@jesus3 You can always ressurect it :)
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I like talking about things people are too afraid to discuss.

We can move on, I guess, if everyone's too afraid to talk about it. :shock:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:
umeu wrote:

I just don't understand what's the big fuss about calling someone a certain word.

I wouldn't mind being called a whitey or whatever. Or a Wallach by Turks who killed and enslaved my ancestors.

I think it has something to do with Anglophone cultures being so sensitive about everything.

You probably don't understand why women are tired of the many men catcalling them cutie in the street almost every day.

I'll give you a hint. It has more to do with many and every, than it has to do with cutie.

Something about straws, and camel backs.

Anyway, I don't care if he uses that word. He can do whatever he want. But don't be surprised if there are consequences to your actions. But it seems you want it both ways. That's typical. There's a word for it. It starts with a p...

again, you haven't answered the question why he didn't turn the table on duckzilla. I guess you're too afraid to talk about that... Or maybe, as usual, you don't have anything meaningful to say. It's always the same akromatic cliches about topics you clearly know very little.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Oh no, what if you, as a guy, were catcalled in the street? Imagine the trauma. :|
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:Oh no, what if you, as a guy, were catcalled in the street? Imagine the trauma. :|

Yes, if you're harassed every time you go outside, that's quite traumatic. Especially considering it starts in your teens, and we all know how susceptible teens are :) It's obvious you can't imagine it, so no need to keep talking about things you are too ignorant for. Perhaps do a little bit of research and we can talk more :) if you ever decide to talk in good faith, which you never do. So i doubt that time shall ever come. :)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:
umeu wrote:

I just don't understand what the big fuss is about calling someone a certain word.

Ofc you dont mind because you arent part of marginalized group. My grandfather moved to the United States from China as a teenager. As you might expect, 1940s United States wasn't the friendliest place to an Asian man. He was called all sorts of slurs, denied jobs based on his race, denied housing based on his race, wasn't allowed to use the same bathroom as white people( actually it was hard for him cause he couldn't use the white person bathroom or the black person bathroom LOL), was spit on cause of his race, and all sorts of other things. Ofc hes gonna get mad if someone calls him a chink. Today its just a word, but the connotation of comes from a time when he was treated as a subhuman. As we move in time and become more progressive, these words will get less and less offensive because less and less people are systematically oppressed. I wouldn't care if someone called me a chink. I would think that they were either uneducated or racist, because why else would someone use that word as an insult. The better question is why would you call someone a chink or a nigger or any other racially charged word? You're using a word from a time when that group was treated as subhuman that is only used when people are trying to be edgy or racist.
Its also easy to say "why get so mad over a word" when you live in Europe and probably don't see as much racism. When you've had an elderly white man come up to you at work and say " Thank God you're here to help me not that dumbass nigger over there," you tend to be a little more uptight about that kind of thing. I don't care whether or not people use those words as long as they aren't directed at people I know, its just odd to me that you wonder why someone would get upset for being called a word that only has racist connotation instead of wondering why someone is calling them that word in the first place.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you're wrong. dolan is part of the most marginalized group on earth. he can't even call people niggers and chinks no more... where is the world going to? what's next? can't say dirty libtard cuck either?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

When I was in Brussels a few years ago to take up a new job at the European parliament, I went to a shop to close a contract for a phone subscription. When they saw I was from Romania, they looked at me like I was holding a gun and trying to rob them. Then they told me to come another day because they needed to check my credit card. It turned out they had special black lists for Romanians and they first needed to do a lot more background checks than for ordinary citizens. So, in Belgium we were considered 2nd-hand Europeans. And to a certain extent we still are considered 2nd-hand Europeans. So don't tell me stories about your dad or your ancestors. And don't tell me I have no idea about what's it like to be considered subhuman or such. It's rich hearing this from people who live(d) comfortably in Western countries.

But I don't make a big fuss about this or about the fact that in every corner of the internet everyone loves to make fun of Romanians by calling them "gypsies". Should I sue them? Should calling a Romanian a gypsy be considered a legal offence? Should we ask for special quotas because of that?

What about the Japanese calling everyone else gaijin? And treating everyone outside Japan a gaijin? Are they being racist?

Some people are so brainwashed by their cultures they don't even have the courage to talk about anything anymore.