Even UFOs have came before AOE3 DE

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Even UFOs have came before AOE3 DE

Post by Dsy »

As it was expected :ship: :ship: :ship:

United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Re: Even UFOs have came before AOE3 DE

Post by Amsel_ »

I've noticed that they've been rehashing this "the government confirms UFOs are real" story every few months for the past two or three years. It's strange because it's advertised with enough intensity to get people to casually acknowledge UFOs, but not enough to make it seem like a big deal. And most people end up not making a big deal out of it, because they see everyone else being very nonchalant about it. I wonder why that is. I wonder who benefits from normalizing UFOs without stirring the pot.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Amsel_ wrote:I've noticed that they've been rehashing this "the government confirms UFOs are real" story every few months for the past two or three years. It's strange because it's advertised with enough intensity to get people to casually acknowledge UFOs, but not enough to make it seem like a big deal. And most people end up not making a big deal out of it, because they see everyone else being very nonchalant about it. I wonder why that is. I wonder who benefits from normalizing UFOs without stirring the pot.
Weird comment
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Amsel_ wrote:I've noticed that they've been rehashing this "the government confirms UFOs are real" story every few months for the past two or three years. It's strange because it's advertised with enough intensity to get people to casually acknowledge UFOs, but not enough to make it seem like a big deal. And most people end up not making a big deal out of it, because they see everyone else being very nonchalant about it. I wonder why that is. I wonder who benefits from normalizing UFOs without stirring the pot.
The media will publish whatever brings views or keeps the audience captive. When they have an uneventful day, they whip out these stories about odd phenomena.

UFOs can literally be anything, that's why they're called UFO. So they could sometimes be random natural phenomena, sometimes forgeries, sometimes foreign spying devices and, who knows, even extraterrestrial devices.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:
The media will publish whatever brings views or keeps the audience captive. When they have an uneventful day, they whip out these stories about odd phenomena.

UFOs can literally be anything, that's why they're called UFO. So they could sometimes be random natural phenomena, sometimes forgeries, sometimes foreign spying devices and, who knows, even extraterrestrial devices.
That's not true, UFOs can only be extraterrestrial devices
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

They know what (((they)))'re doing, imo.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Amsel_ wrote:I've noticed that they've been rehashing this "the government confirms UFOs are real" story every few months for the past two or three years. It's strange because it's advertised with enough intensity to get people to casually acknowledge UFOs, but not enough to make it seem like a big deal. And most people end up not making a big deal out of it, because they see everyone else being very nonchalant about it. I wonder why that is.
Because it's not a big deal..
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

Dolan wrote:

They're not whipping the stories out though. The government is. I remember it was the Senate confirming that they're real a few years back. The media would sensationalize this a lot more if they were trying to clickbait, or they would just talk about how many scoops of ice cream the president eats.

I find it odd that we're being given these confirmations of aircraft that can do things most planes can't, yet it's not integrated into national policy. (the public would be more than willing to dump hundreds of billions of dollars into a research program, they really want to do more space-stuff) If it were aliens or what-have-you, I think every politician and their brother would want to be the one announcing their existence to the public. If they were secret American technology, it would have just remained classified. I suppose if it were foreign they would have an incentive to raise awareness without causing panic. But if it's a foreign country then it would be rather surprising if it were just them. I don't see why the Chinese, Russians, Europeans, and Israelis wouldn't all be aware of it too.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

Apparently it wasn't supposed to be released.

https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-ufo-videos
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

AREA 51