Official Impeachment Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Official Impeachment Thread

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Goodspeed wrote:You win it back by not having to scroll past all the embedded shit
But then everyone loses it again, by having to click on every single link :hmm:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You only have to click the link once, and only if you want to (you don't always). If you visit the page multiple times, you have to wait for every embedded link to load every time
Really don't see my point here? :(

There's a reason why other fora tend not to auto-embed things.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I'm afraid people won't click the link so I want them to be forced to look at it
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Goodspeed wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:Inquiry = it's not happening

But I hope they do it. I really really, pretty please want to see Trump get impeached. There are sooooo many potential seats in the house and senate for republicans to pick up purely because whoever's there voted Yea.
That goes both ways?
?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Amsel_ wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:Inquiry = it's not happening

But I hope they do it. I really really, pretty please want to see Trump get impeached. There are sooooo many potential seats in the house and senate for republicans to pick up purely because whoever's there voted Yea.
That goes both ways?
?
As in dems will be energized by their representatives voting no in the same way. Relevant in the senate election especially, since the senate will vote against prosecuting him
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Goodspeed wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes
?
As in dems will be energized by their representatives voting no in the same way. Relevant in the senate election especially, since the senate will vote against prosecuting him
Probably not. I think everyone who wants to impeach Trump is going to turnout for the democrats come hell or high water. But moderate, swing-voters aren't going to like it if they see a bunch of ads saying that their democrat congressman voted against tax-cuts, the border-wall, and Kavanaugh, yet voted to impeach the President. It's fairly easy to tell what moderates do and do-not like, so I'm just amazed that the democrats are talking about stuff like gun control and impeachment, rather than health care and infrastructure.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Heyyyyy Trump is getting re-elected next year and there ain’t no impeachment that’s gonna stop that
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Horsemen wrote:Heyyyyy Trump is getting re-elected next year and there ain’t no impeachment that’s gonna stop that
Are you going to put any money on that prediction?
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Amsel_ wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Probably not. I think everyone who wants to impeach Trump is going to turnout for the democrats come hell or high water. But moderate, swing-voters aren't going to like it if they see a bunch of ads saying that their democrat congressman voted against tax-cuts, the border-wall, and Kavanaugh, yet voted to impeach the President. It's fairly easy to tell what moderates do and do-not like, so I'm just amazed that the democrats are talking about stuff like gun control and impeachment, rather than health care and infrastructure.
Healthcare dominated the past debates though and I’m sure the Dem nominee will mostly shut up about gun control when he or she faces Trump.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Horsemen wrote:Heyyyyy Trump is getting re-elected next year and there ain’t no impeachment that’s gonna stop that
Are you going to put any money on that prediction?
Yep, I’m already fully invested in trump real estate assets
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Goodspeed wrote:ESOC really needs to get rid of that auto-embed non sense. I click "read last post" and before I can read it the page has to load embedded shit and then I have to scroll again. Unplayable @Development Team
I like it when having a fast computer/internet, but I agree it should be optional. Sounds best to make it opt-in.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

edeholland wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:ESOC really needs to get rid of that auto-embed non sense. I click "read last post" and before I can read it the page has to load embedded shit and then I have to scroll again. Unplayable @Development Team
I like it when having a fast computer/internet, but I agree it should be optional. Sounds best to make it opt-in.
imo I'd just make an opt-out option.

I expect most people like to see auto-embeds. There is currently an option to disable displaying images, but it doesn't disable other embeds:

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Don't derail my thread, crooked staff members
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I don't think much will come out of this. They need Repub votes in the Senate to get this process through, right?

This does nothing but victimise Trump, it will energise his grassroots, because it fits the narrative that the "deep state" and the elitist establishment are working together to remove him from power, they're conspiring against "the people".

I know why they're doing this, they saw an opportunity to put him "on the spot" and keep public pressure on him.
These people pretend they don't understand that by removing Trump they don't remove what caused Trump. Those voters won't simply turn into bleeding heart liberals tomorrow because their guy was ousted. This will only harden their resolve. But politicians don't think long-term, they like to use whatever tactics will get them a short-term advantage.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Amsel_ wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
But moderate, swing-voters aren't going to like it if they see a bunch of ads saying that their democrat congressman voted against tax-cuts, the border-wall, and Kavanaugh, yet voted to impeach the President.
?
You seem to be implying voting to impeach the president and voting against things that the president wanted is somehow contradictory?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:These people pretend they don't understand that by removing Trump they don't remove what caused Trump. Those voters won't simply turn into bleeding heart liberals tomorrow because their guy was ousted. This will only harden their resolve. But politicians don't think long-term, they like to use whatever tactics will get them a short-term advantage.
You think they're actually trying to convert Trump voters by impeaching the president? Or pretending to try? Why do you think that?
They're doing this because their own base demands it, not to convince Trump voters to switch camp. Trump voters are not the democrats' target for the upcoming election.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Of course, everyone in politics is chasing swing voters. It's not like the electorate is neatly divided in camps. If that were the case, parties would only campaign to get a higher turnout among their base and that's it. But they're always looking for voters willing to swing.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Ah I meant Trump supporters, rather. His base is part of the GOP base but they're not the same thing. Trump supporters will be pissed off by this "attempted coup" which is how they'll see it, but actual swing voters might see that there's something there.
I mean, there's clearly something there... There are so many reasons to impeach this guy at this point, the dems just need to clearly and concisely show them.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Imo, nobody gives a shit in the USA about "moral matters" and the fact that Trump is playing dirty politics. All they care about is money. If the economy is doing well and Trump is still the guy with a big stick, Americans will vote for him again.

So all this agitation will eventually fizzle out, imo. But Dems will go ahead with it, because they don't have many opportunities to put Trump on the spot. Gotta make sure he gets eroded.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:Imo, nobody gives a shit in the USA about "moral matters" and the fact that Trump is playing dirty politics.
A great many people do care. As does the law, technically.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Is this gonna be another one of those things where literally nothing happens?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Kawapasaka wrote:Is this gonna be another one of those things where literally nothing happens?
Yes

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

They formally started an impeachment inquiry. So already something happened that didn't happen the other 50 times