Freetalk Friday 1

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Re: Freetalk Friday 1

Post by rsy »

Floyd walking out to box Paul and he's wearing an Onlyfans cap
Kappa
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

lejend wrote:
they kept selling these up to 2009 wtf
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

When you think you're going to heaven but you're actually going to the Microsoft Windows universe

Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

as an aviation engineer i see no problems with this
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Should have depicted Chinese soldiers instead of blyats.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Got meetings with people from Anchorage, Colorado, Pittsburgh and Japan next week. The only time slot we had was 6PM to 10PM for the Pittsburgh dudes which is 7AM to 11AM of the next day for the Japan dudes. I imagine if we also had somebody from India somebody would have to be at the office middle of the night
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

"I'm okay with the Taliban" - @gustavusadolphus
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

They were founded by your country, so I would assume you're okay with them.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:They were founded by your country, so I would assume you're okay with them.
You post cringe

Gg out
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Funding terrorist groups is pretty cringe tbh glad my country hasn't done that multiple times.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Funding terrorist groups is pretty cringe tbh glad my country hasn't done that multiple times.
I wouldnt feel confident in that statement tbh.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Funding terrorist groups is pretty cringe tbh glad my country hasn't done that multiple times.
I wouldnt feel confident in that statement tbh.
We only sent some pick-up trucks to some totally not terorrist organizations which were totally not using said pick-up trucks to use as a machine gun mount to slaughter kurdish villages. That never happened and if it did I do not have any active memory of it ever happening madam speaker.
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:They were founded by your country, so I would assume you're okay with them.
That’s like saying King George III founded the USA. The Taliban wasn’t founded by the US lol.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

occamslightsaber wrote:
That’s like saying King George III founded the USA. The Taliban wasn’t founded by the US lol.
After the Soviet Union intervened and occupied Afghanistan in 1979, Islamic mujahideen fighters engaged in war with those Soviet forces.

Pakistan's President Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq feared that the Soviets were planning to also invade Balochistan, Pakistan, so he sent Akhtar Abdur Rahman to Saudi Arabia to garner support for the Afghan resistance against Soviet occupation forces. A while later, the US CIA and Saudi Arabian General Intelligence Directorate (GID) funnelled funding and equipment through the Pakistani Inter-Service Intelligence Agency (ISI) to the Afghan mujahideen.[95]

About 90,000 Afghans, including Mohammed Omar, were trained by Pakistan's ISI during the 1980s.[95] British professor Carole Hillenbrand concluded that the Taliban have arisen from those US-Saudi-Pakistan-supported mujahideen: "The West helped the Taliban to fight the Soviet takeover of Afghanistan".[96]

US literally bankrolled Taliban into existence just like it bankrolled China into the next superpower for past 30 years. Your only saving grace (not really saving) is that you weren't alone in the mishap. But being in bed with saudi's and pakistani's isn't exactly a rosy picture either.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Not only is King George III responsible for the 27 grievances, but now you're telling me he founded the Taliban too? That guy was fucked up
duck
:mds:
imo
Retired Contributor

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
After the Soviet Union intervened and occupied Afghanistan in 1979, Islamic mujahideen fighters engaged in war with those Soviet forces.

Pakistan's President Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq feared that the Soviets were planning to also invade Balochistan, Pakistan, so he sent Akhtar Abdur Rahman to Saudi Arabia to garner support for the Afghan resistance against Soviet occupation forces. A while later, the US CIA and Saudi Arabian General Intelligence Directorate (GID) funnelled funding and equipment through the Pakistani Inter-Service Intelligence Agency (ISI) to the Afghan mujahideen.[95]

About 90,000 Afghans, including Mohammed Omar, were trained by Pakistan's ISI during the 1980s.[95] British professor Carole Hillenbrand concluded that the Taliban have arisen from those US-Saudi-Pakistan-supported mujahideen: "The West helped the Taliban to fight the Soviet takeover of Afghanistan".[96]

US literally bankrolled Taliban into existence just like it bankrolled China into the next superpower for past 30 years. Your only saving grace (not really saving) is that you weren't alone in the mishap. But being in bed with saudi's and pakistani's isn't exactly a rosy picture either.
The US had little to no interest in Afghanistan after the Soviet Union collapsed and the Taliban was founded well after that around 1994 with Pakistani backing.

Your source says the Taliban arose from the US-Saudi-Pakistani-supported mujahideen, which is entirely different from the US founding the Taliban or literally bankrolling it into existence.

The mujahideen were not a centralized, monolithic entity. Some threw in with the Taliban after the Soviet withdrawal, while other mujahideen like Massoud opposed them.

I intend all my puns.
Retired Contributor

Vinyanyérë wrote:Not only is King George III responsible for the 27 grievances, but now you're telling me he founded the Taliban too? That guy was fucked up
Apparently he founded Blizzard by extension and created Starcraft as well, so all is forgiven?

I intend all my puns.
Retired Contributor

US funnelled money and arms to mujahideen and the same established itself as Taliban with same leader and same fighters. Even after 1994 right until 2nd term of Obama US continued providing blank check to Pakistan which in turn funded Taliban, and US knew this. I mean literally experts agree that US played a pivotal role and had lion's share in establishment of Taliban and its rise to power. It's kinda ridiculous to argue on this honestly.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Vinyanyérë wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes
and its that time again
and it's that time again
and it's that time again
Won the MH2 prerelease at my LGS @Vinyanyérë !!!!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I was going to make a bad faith argument to defend my ridiculous statement meant to ire the ear but I see that carthage has already ruined any chances of that succeeding for me.
Retired Contributor

If you want to technically argue that whether US laid the first brick to Taliban or not then fine. But US for all practical reasons is responsible for establishment and continued survival of Taliban. Experts agree on this. US itself agree on this. Contrary to popular beliefs it is actually in US interest to keep these wars going for as long as possible.