This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
Kiribati jesus3
Howdah
Posts: 1458

06 Nov 2019, 17:20

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not here to rant on the usage of walls in AOE3.

Instead, I've discovered quite the original and imo awesome gesture, from Berlin to the Donald :flowers:

https://thewallagainstwalls.com/?fbclid ... y6kcyQWdvA
Attachments
75424726_121612175928683_7408951184125329408_o.jpg
75424726_121612175928683_7408951184125329408_o.jpg (628.19 KiB) Viewed 165 times
User avatar
Great Britain Horsemen
Lancer
Posts: 726

06 Nov 2019, 17:25

Thanks for this, I really needed it today
User avatar
Romania Dolan
Jaeger
Posts: 4281
Location: aka Neuron

06 Nov 2019, 17:51

Berlin, lol.

That's like Germany's San Francisco.
I love good randomness; highly addictive.
User avatar
United States of America occamslightsaber
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 217
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

06 Nov 2019, 17:59

That wall would make an excellent miniature Trump Tower. :hehe:
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 5559
ESO: mr_bramboy
Location: Amsterdam

06 Nov 2019, 18:09

Berlin from space


It's pretty insane how we're still noticing the effects of the Berlin wall more than 20 years after its fall. Semi-fun fact: Germany is the only country in Europe that would be richer without its capital. Imagine the effect a border wall spanning thousands of miles would have on the North-American continent.
User avatar
United States of America occamslightsaber
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 217
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

06 Nov 2019, 18:24

Hmm unless Trump closes the entire southern border, the wall’s effect will likely be minimal besides being costly to taxpayers. A large number of illegal immigrants (many of whom aren’t even from Latin America) just fly in as tourists and overstay their visas.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04
Posts: 8319

06 Nov 2019, 18:28

occamslightsaber wrote:Hmm unless Trump closes the entire southern border, the wall’s effect will likely be minimal besides being costly to taxpayers. A large number of illegal immigrants (many of whom aren’t even from Latin America) just fly in as tourists and overstay their visas.


"Will" likely be? There's not going to be a wall lol
There's sand in my teeth
User avatar
No Flag Jam
Jaeger
Posts: 2027
Location: in my helmet

06 Nov 2019, 18:31

User avatar
United States of America occamslightsaber
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 217
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

06 Nov 2019, 18:32

fightinfrenchman wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:Hmm unless Trump closes the entire southern border, the wall’s effect will likely be minimal besides being costly to taxpayers. A large number of illegal immigrants (many of whom aren’t even from Latin America) just fly in as tourists and overstay their visas.


"Will" likely be? There's not going to be a wall lol

Well, some parts are being built as we speak, but I sure hope it doesn’t get completed.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.
User avatar
Romania Dolan
Jaeger
Posts: 4281
Location: aka Neuron

06 Nov 2019, 18:36

This is just cheap virtue signalling. Mexico and the USA were not part of the same country like the GDR and West Germany were before WW2. Focusing on walls as a symbol for anything and everything is just brainless.
What gave a particular wall its meaning was its particular historical context.

The Romans built Hadrian's Wall to mark the northern limit of their empire. Does this mean Scotland shouldn't try to gain independence because hurr durr, that would involve restoring the symbolical Hadrian's wall between Scotland and England again? It's the same with this brainless literality.
I love good randomness; highly addictive.
User avatar
United States of America Amsel_
Lancer
Posts: 801
ESO: The_Amsel

06 Nov 2019, 22:09



On a related note, though, how much does a piece of the Berlin wall cost? Especially one that big? One of my college professors showed me a piece he had of it, but it was fairly small.
User avatar
No Flag Jam
Jaeger
Posts: 2027
Location: in my helmet

09 Nov 2019, 15:35

The Berlinners built a wall to keep the communist out and do you see and communists in Berlin today? Wall work.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04
Posts: 8319

09 Nov 2019, 15:37

Jam wrote:The Berlinners built a wall to keep the communist out and do you see and communists in Berlin today?


Idk I've never been to Berlin
There's sand in my teeth
User avatar
No Flag Jam
Jaeger
Posts: 2027
Location: in my helmet

09 Nov 2019, 16:34

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jam wrote:The Berlinners built a wall to keep the communist out and do you see and communists in Berlin today?


Idk I've never been to Berlin
Why do you hate Germans?
User avatar
Great Britain Horsemen
Lancer
Posts: 726

09 Nov 2019, 16:50

Jam wrote:The Berlinners built a wall to keep the communist out and do you see and communists in Berlin today? Wall work.

Yes, it's full of Communists.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 64436.html

Should have kept that wall.

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: evilcheadar and 1 guest