Investing and Personal Finance

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Investing and Personal Finance

Post by fightinfrenchman »

n0el wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Grownups.

The stock market is morally groce.
I just hope esoc keeps getting its yang bucks
We should all be getting money rn tbh
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

You should be virtually canvassing for Senator Bernard Sanders then
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Seriously though Trump should just agree to start sending money to everyone. It seems like the kind of thing he would love since it would make people like him more
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Seriously though Trump should just agree to start sending money to everyone. It seems like the kind of thing he would love since it would make people like him more
I’m sure he would if he could get the freedom wackos to agree
mad cuz bad
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I wouldn't invest in airlines right now. Historically, even under decent conditions, they haven't been profitable. An old joke among investors is that "It's always a good time to sell an airline." It's only fairly recently that we've seen them become somewhat profitable, and we don't know if that will last. Furthermore, there are three big variables in play for airline prices: corona, oil, and the overall economy. I don't need to explain why corona is bad for airlines. Oil is also pretty straightforward: prices are volatile, and have a massive impact on an airline's profitability. The overall health of the economy is also important, because more money means more people can afford to fly. This means you wouldn't want to hold an airline in the midst of a recession. In light of all this, I would hold off on buying an airline. Perhaps in the future things might look ideal, but even in the long-term airlines don't look like a good buy.

Instead I would look for companies who are heavily dependent on an efficient supply chain, such as Amazon and Alibaba. We know that these companies will rebound heavily once (if) the coronavirus pandemic goes away. That makes them much more solid investments, furthermore they have a much better track record than airlines do. Still, I don't think now is the time to buy. Sit on your cash and wait. That's what I'm doing.
fightinfrenchman wrote:Seriously though Trump should just agree to start sending money to everyone. It seems like the kind of thing he would love since it would make people like him more
He does, but it's called tax cuts. Tax cuts are the boomer equivalent of Yang gang.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@Amsel_ Tax cuts are probably the worst way to give money to people right now. Just give people money
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm going to nuke Amazon.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Amsel_ wrote:I wouldn't invest in airlines right now. Historically, even under decent conditions, they haven't been profitable. An old joke among investors is that "It's always a good time to sell an airline." It's only fairly recently that we've seen them become somewhat profitable, and we don't know if that will last. Furthermore, there are three big variables in play for airline prices: corona, oil, and the overall economy. I don't need to explain why corona is bad for airlines. Oil is also pretty straightforward: prices are volatile, and have a massive impact on an airline's profitability. The overall health of the economy is also important, because more money means more people can afford to fly. This means you wouldn't want to hold an airline in the midst of a recession. In light of all this, I would hold off on buying an airline. Perhaps in the future things might look ideal, but even in the long-term airlines don't look like a good buy.

Instead I would look for companies who are heavily dependent on an efficient supply chain, such as Amazon and Alibaba. We know that these companies will rebound heavily once (if) the coronavirus pandemic goes away. That makes them much more solid investments, furthermore they have a much better track record than airlines do. Still, I don't think now is the time to buy. Sit on your cash and wait. That's what I'm doing.
He does, but it's called tax cuts. Tax cuts are the boomer equivalent of Yang gang.
The wizard of Omaha is still holding airlines.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Idk what this means. I just upvote Omaha.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I wonder what Omaha is like. My family is from Nebraska, but I've never been to Omaha.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Amsel_ wrote:I wonder what Omaha is like. My family is from Nebraska, but I've never been to Omaha.
It's small town feel in a big city, without losing the city.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Once my helicopter money comes in should I use it to pay off my debt, buy stocks I think will skyrocket after the pandemic, or hoard toilet paper?
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Once my helicopter money comes in should I use it to pay off my debt, buy stocks I think will skyrocket after the pandemic, or hoard toilet paper?
Go with the stocks and debt. If you run out of toilet paper, you can always just shove a garden hose up your rectum and flush it all out.
That's how I cured my pin worms.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I just want 10k posts before I die of coronavirus, so this is only just to get closer to that
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Amsel_ wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Once my helicopter money comes in should I use it to pay off my debt, buy stocks I think will skyrocket after the pandemic, or hoard toilet paper?
Go with the stocks and debt. If you run out of toilet paper, you can always just shove a garden hose up your rectum and flush it all out.
That's how I cured my pin worms.
The problem with that plan is that there's a slight leak at the base of my garden hose and I don't want to waste water.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

n0el wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:I wouldn't invest in airlines right now. Historically, even under decent conditions, they haven't been profitable. An old joke among investors is that "It's always a good time to sell an airline." It's only fairly recently that we've seen them become somewhat profitable, and we don't know if that will last. Furthermore, there are three big variables in play for airline prices: corona, oil, and the overall economy. I don't need to explain why corona is bad for airlines. Oil is also pretty straightforward: prices are volatile, and have a massive impact on an airline's profitability. The overall health of the economy is also important, because more money means more people can afford to fly. This means you wouldn't want to hold an airline in the midst of a recession. In light of all this, I would hold off on buying an airline. Perhaps in the future things might look ideal, but even in the long-term airlines don't look like a good buy.

O Buffet, of course.

He once ate at an ice cream shop I worked at.

Fuck celebrity culture.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

deleted_user wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes
O Buffet, of course.

Fuck celebrity culture.
A billionaire once went to an ice cream shop I worked at too; but he asked me for "big gay ice cream," so I had to call the cops on him since he was clearly having some sort of psychotic episode.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Ice cream is illegal now.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Amsel_ wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes
O Buffet, of course.

Fuck celebrity culture.
A billionaire once went to an ice cream shop I worked at too; but he asked me for "big gay ice cream," so I had to call the cops on him since he was clearly having some sort of psychotic episode.
That's a pretty weird thing to say.

Should've given him the sweet cream. Sweet cream is just ice cream without any additional flavoring (it's the cheapest) but it's always sold at normal price. You would've been duping him out of his money.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

@fightinfrenchman I got a mint oreo flavored blizzard from dairy queen recently, and it was pretty good.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Mint is a bad ice cream flavor.

Where is my free money?
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I had to drive a bit further to go to a dairy queen further away from my house though; the one by my house banned me. I went there one time and started complaining to the manager about it being false advertising to call yourself dairy queen despite not having any girls with large breasts there. They called the cops on me because they thought I was having some sort of psychotic episode.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Amsel_ wrote:I had to drive a bit further to go to a dairy queen further away from my house though; the one by my house banned me. I went there one time and started complaining to the manager about it being false advertising to call yourself dairy queen despite not having any girls with large breasts there. They called the cops on me because they thought I was having some sort of psychotic episode.
I think you may have an allergy to ice cream
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:I had to drive a bit further to go to a dairy queen further away from my house though; the one by my house banned me. I went there one time and started complaining to the manager about it being false advertising to call yourself dairy queen despite not having any girls with large breasts there. They called the cops on me because they thought I was having some sort of psychotic episode.
I think you may have an allergy to ice cream
The CIA has implanted that thought in my mind a few times. They're implanting it in your head too? Strange. I didn't think you were a TI. Or maybe they're doing it to try and get to me. That's it. You're one of them, aren't you? Of course you are! And I bet you thought I'd never figure it out; or you did, you wanted me to figure it out for some reason, and it's part of a plot, a trap. Regardless... It's good to meet a fellow co-worker from the CIA. We don't get to talk much. So how do you feel about management deciding to cut the UFO budget to redirect that money to the deep-sea cryptid department? I was talking with a guy from Roswell and man he is pissed. Apparently they were maintaining a golf course in New Mexico, and management was mad that they were wasting their warp drive grant money on making the desert bloom.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Seriously though, where's my money? I want to buy a PS4.