Plz send halp for EU4

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Plz send halp for EU4

Post by Jaeger »

I am a big nob at EU4. Plz help. So this is what I can't figure out:

1) Even though I have zero unrest in all but a few provinces, and -10 national unrest (I have all but one humanist ideas); but I keep having constant rebels. Right now I have 10-15 forming up, all nationalistic ones, and I've had this problem for decades. I don't know what to do.

2) So I thought maybe I have to learn how the cultures stuff works; but it's extremely confusing. First, I thought that if you become an empire (which I am), all cultures which you have become accepted; but they're not. Second, I am having problems a lot in Lithuania, so I thought I should accept the Ruthenian culture; after all it's a big culture blob on the map. But Ruthenian is not even in the list of cultures at all. Third, Lithuanian is a culture I see in many provinces, but it is not in the list of cultures.

3) Lastly, what is the difference between promoted cultures and accepted cultures? Is it the same thing? And how do culture groups work? As far as I understand, your country starts out with one primary culture, and all the cultures in your primary culture group are automatically accepted. But if you accept another culture manually, will all the cultures from its culture group become accepted too?
Attachments
20191224135414_1.jpg
20191224134920_1.jpg
20191224134832_1.jpg
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Plz send halp for EU4

Post by princeofcarthage »

Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

I am another big nob at EU4, but since I have been summoned, I will just write down a few things then.
ovi12 wrote: 1) Even though I have zero unrest in all but a few provinces, and -10 national unrest (I have all but one humanist ideas); but I keep having constant rebels. Right now I have 10-15 forming up, all nationalistic ones, and I've had this problem for decades. I don't know what to do.
Do you mean rebels of 10-15 different nationalities rising up in those few provinces that got positive unrest? If so (and looks like it is), then you will probably have to lower the local unrest. -10 national unrest is your current base unrest for the entire empire. Non-accepted cultures and religions in the province can still generate local unrest. On top of that, the provinces that you have conquered recently has the "separatism" modifier that gives a certain amount of local unrest that ticks down every year. If the same thing happens for over 30 years in the same provinces, then it will most likely be an issue with cultures and/or religions. An active missionary in a province will also cause quite a bit of unrest. The same goes for lowering provincial autonomy.

As for what to do, I would say if you have plenty of manpower to spare (as Prussia you should), then just let them rise up if you are not annoyed by the constant popping up of rebels. Since you have reached the Age of Absolutism, it is usually a very bad idea to increase autonomy unless you have no troops to spare at all. If you can afford a bit of extra micro, try lowering autonomy in every possible province whenever you can. If you have too much mil power, then spend it on "harsh treatment" that requires less than or about 50 mil power. In long term, however, you will want to convert or accept the local cultures and religions because it will give you more ducats per month in return.
ovi12 wrote: 2) So I thought maybe I have to learn how the cultures stuff works; but it's extremely confusing. First, I thought that if you become an empire (which I am), all cultures which you have become accepted; but they're not. Second, I am having problems a lot in Lithuania, so I thought I should accept the Ruthenian culture; after all it's a big culture blob on the map. But Ruthenian is not even in the list of cultures at all. Third, Lithuanian is a culture I see in many provinces, but it is not in the list of cultures.

3) Lastly, what is the difference between promoted cultures and accepted cultures? Is it the same thing? And how do culture groups work? As far as I understand, your country starts out with one primary culture, and all the cultures in your primary culture group are automatically accepted. But if you accept another culture manually, will all the cultures from its culture group become accepted too?
First, when you become an empire, you gain something called "Cultural Union", which automatically accepts all cultures in the culture group that you belong to. As you are Prussian, you gain the cultural union with all Germanic cultures, so that means Saxon, Pomeranian, etc.; but you will never gain cultural union over other cultural groups. You can still accept cultures from other culture groups, but you will have to do it one by one, not as a group.

Also, if you look at the list of cultures carefully, you will see that you have yet to accept the Ruthenian culture, the third one from the top I believe (the screenshots themselves are rather small in size).

I hope my short reply helps. I probably have missed something, but that should be more or less it. If there are still related issues, please do not hesitate to ask and I will be more than happy to answer.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays! :flowers:

hleung
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

First of all getting rebells for the first 30 years after a the conquest of a region is fairly normal. Because of the nationalism modifier whcih starts out at -15 to national unrest.
If you still getting rebels after that theres several factors.
1 ) overextesion. If you have high overextension values for longer periods of time you get massive penalties. at 100 % you get like + 7 global unrest. YOu also get nasty events increasing NR in specific provinces.

2) Religious unity and tolerance of heretics / heathens. COnquering provinces of another faith decreases religious unity which increases NR of your nation. Furthermore provinces without your state relgion get more Unrest from having different religion.

3 ) cultures. Tbh they dont really serve a big role for National unrest and revolts. A non accepted culture only gives -2 Unrest to a specific province of said non accepted culture.
Which is usually nnot a big deal.
The difference between an accepted culture and a promoted culture is that the former is not your main culture or state culture ( important for cultural unions )while the latter is means your main culture. THis is important when you have a cultural union ( thanks to empire rank ) but mainly if you want to tag switch later on in the game. only states with the prussian, saxon and pommeranian culture tag can form prussia for example. You must have a culture of the french culture group as the promoted culture to form french.

CUlture is really not that importat when it comes down to unrest. if you convert the religion in other provinces or. Having humanist ideas should be alright.
What happened in your game is the following ( i believe) ´: you switched to protestant or reformed to from prussia. Meaning when you exapnd eastwards yu get loads of heretic provinces. Base tolerance for heretics is -3 you get + 2 from humanism +1 from prussian ideas + up to +1 from legitimacy and + 1 for a national decision. However theres also 2 national choices that lower tolerance of heretics. My guess is you took both of them essentially making your base tolerance of heretics roughly around 1 or 0 which is very low and also means provinces of heretics apply negatively to religious unity.
THen you have the nationalism problems and overextension. if you expanded to quickly you ran into massive rebellion problems. Combine that with your Low Tolerance and you basically get nonstop rebellions.
what can you do ?
1) look if you can convert provinces
2 ) consolidate your realm. look where you have nationalism and try to have armys there when rebells pop. Dont fight wars when you expect lots of rebels unless its small wars whcih you can handle while also keeping rebells in check.
3) look if you can use national edicts to lower UR, try get to max stab and legitimacy. if you do that you should be fine.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

You can cheat with unrest by switching tags as it sets the separatism tag to zero , easy way to get rid of huge unrest in late game

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV