COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Re: COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by Jam »

princeofcarthage wrote:Can someone give me a tldr on where GS and RS stand right now?
spray.jpg
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:@howlingwolfpaw thoughts on ZyCov vaccine? It is not even RNA based, it goes deeper, its DNA based!!!!

To my understanding its a different technique to achieve the same results.

Its still not a vaccine, but a genetic therapy technique.

Still uses fetal cells,

and GMO organisms to hijack cell antigen creations.
It's actually superior to mRNA.

Also it's not gene therapy, as it does not alter genetic code.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

well they say it does not, but the DNA gets right into the nucleus of the cell, and who knows what may happen in there.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/v ... 19-vaccine
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: filoual

Post by Kao »

Ashvin wrote:yeah keep tagging dev team for your petty problems
@Ashvin I feel important when we are tagged :hehe:
Retired Contributor

Well, in that sense you can't really trust anything. How do you know you are not dreaming?
Retired Contributor

Kao wrote:
Silly
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01

Post by Kao »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Kao wrote:
Silly
I'm proud of being a disciple of the Great Sheogorath, lord of Madness, rulers of the Shivering Isles.

Back to the subject itself, whether it's DNA or RNA, it's working like viruses, hijacking cells to make them produce what they want. That's how we got placenta instead of eggs by the way.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

princeofcarthage wrote:Well, in that sense you can't really trust anything. How do you know you are not dreaming?
Faulty generalization, drawing conclusions based on induction is unwarranted and fallacious.
With the backing of empirical evidence, however, the conclusions may become warranted and convincing (at which point the arguments are no longer considered fallacious).
I expect empirical evidence backing soon for your outrageous claim. ;)
We can trust some things and we cannot trust other things. That's how life works, if you put your trust in the wrong place you will get screwed. The key is to have good judgement to be able to choose what's trustworthy and what's not.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Not to nitpick, but drawing conclusions based on induction is basically the same as drawing conclusions based on empirical evidence, isnt it?
Retired Contributor

Jotunir wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Well, in that sense you can't really trust anything. How do you know you are not dreaming?
Faulty generalization, drawing conclusions based on induction is unwarranted and fallacious.
With the backing of empirical evidence, however, the conclusions may become warranted and convincing (at which point the arguments are no longer considered fallacious).
We can trust some things and we cannot trust other things. That's how life works, if you put your trust in the wrong place you will get screwed. The key is to have good judgement to be able to choose what's trustworthy and what's not.
If you knew anything about the philosophy and its approach to reality, you would realise it's one of the most sought after question for nearly 2000 years.

How can you trust that you truly exist? For all you know you could be a product of someone's imagination.

Scientists actually believe that chances of we living in simulation is 50-50.

Contrary to your belief there is no actual evidence that you exist.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
If you knew anything about the philosophy and its approach to reality, you would realise it's one of the most sought after question for nearly 2000 years.

How can you trust that you truly exist? For all you know you could be a product of someone's imagination.

The probability of us living in a simulation is interesting. It might be that there are infinite parallel universes of realities. However, the number of possible simulations within those real universes is also pretty much infinity. In my eyes, that means the chance of us living in a simulation is not 50-50, but rather close to 100%.

What would be the consequences? I think there are no consequences and it does not make any difference for everyday life.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think the probability of living in a simulation is very low, because if such a thing was possible, it would operate on a level of reality and complexity that would override yours, making it impossible to explain in terms created within your current (simulated) reality.
It would be like a champ from a game explaining to another champ our physical reality in terms of how they experience their world, in which they need nothing but ammo and health packs to survive and they don't exist if there's a power blackout in the physical world. Their frame of reference would be completely exceeded.
Retired Contributor

That is not true. Potentially artificial intelligence can figure out it is not human and a computer simulation with no physical existence.
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01

Post by Kao »

princeofcarthage wrote:That is not true. Potentially artificial intelligence can figure out it is not human and a computer simulation with no physical existence.
That is because we do not have the possibility to create a good enough simulation. That does not mean someone else can not.
Retired Contributor

Kao wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:That is not true. Potentially artificial intelligence can figure out it is not human and a computer simulation with no physical existence.
That is because we do not have the possibility to create a good enough simulation. That does not mean someone else can not.
It would not mean artificial intelligence then though. According to our understanding of intelligence, the simulation would be a constrained/parameter defined program, not true AI
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Artificial intelligence is a contradiction in terms, it doesn't even exist. Because if something needs to have its capacity for creating artifice created by someone else, it's not intelligent.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

duckzilla wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The probability of us living in a simulation is interesting. It might be that there are infinite parallel universes of realities. However, the number of possible simulations within those real universes is also pretty much infinity. In my eyes, that means the chance of us living in a simulation is not 50-50, but rather close to 100%.

What would be the consequences? I think there are no consequences and it does not make any difference for everyday life.
On what basis are there infinite parallel universes?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
duckzilla wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I would tell you but it may be a spoiler
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
duckzilla wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Because the only reasonable parallel universe theory that I know of is one where all universes are parallel to ours, thus any simulation in those universes would never simulate our universe. And that theory of parallel universes is a theory where all those parallel universes still follow the same laws of physics, thus making it impossible for any of those parallel universes to simulate a universe of the size of our universe (as you cant really simulate a universe thats basically the same size of your universe).
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The many-worlds interpretation is retarded bs. Imagine having eaten so many burgers you think that the reason why photons interfere with themselves in the double-slit experiment is because the world is literally a superposition of parallel worlds. Disneyworld level of physical insight. It basically implies: "the reason why we're seeing this unintuitive particle-wave behaviour is because it doesn't exist, it's realities that are superimposed in classical ways to create this effect". Beyond stupid.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:The many-worlds interpretation is retarded bs. Imagine having eaten so many burgers you think that the reason why photons interfere with themselves in the double-slit experiment is because the world is literally a superposition of parallel worlds. Disneyworld level of physical insight. It basically implies: "the reason why we're seeing this unintuitive particle-wave behaviour is because it doesn't exist, it's realities themselves that are superimposed in classical ways to create this effect". Beyond stupid.
Would you rather have grilled or raw onions on a burger
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Jotunir wrote:

I know a lot about filosophy but what you are saying is stupid. You are taking the allegory of the cave to the extreme.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Would you rather have grilled or raw onions on a burger
Raw onions are best onions. Especially purple onions
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Dolan wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Would you rather have grilled or raw onions on a burger