COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by princeofcarthage »

Earth needs a thanos moment
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Afaik the FDA requires trial results from a US trial. That trial apperantly hasnt been completed yet. The EMA doesnt have these restrictions I believe.
Should have completed it by now tbh
The speed at which a trial is completed effectively depends on the rate at which trial participants are infected. Looks like the USA has stepped down their vaccine trial efforts a tiny bit ^_^
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Should have completed it by now tbh
The speed at which a trial is completed effectively depends on the rate at which trial participants are infected. Looks like the USA has stepped down their vaccine trial efforts a tiny bit ^_^
And it’s uplifting to see that Europe has agreed to participate in a long-term study for COVID-19!

All jokes aside, AstraZeneca has been acting pretty shadily, especially for a company that had little experience with vaccines prior to the pandemic. Halting trials around the world without informing regulators and dragging their feet in providing evidence against neurological damage in trial participants are not good outlooks.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Over for virus

Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Over for virus

I really hope so.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

It turns out AstraZeneca may not be able to help after all.

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It's obvious to anyone who understands numbers that the amount of blood clot cases post-vaccination is so low there is absolutely no reason to believe it has anything to do with the vaccine. Yet, reporting on that shit with sensationalized headlines and a surely appropriate amount of blind panic is what gets the clicks, so we jump on it.
Then governments, realizing that the media are going to continue to treat this as a catastrophe of epic proportions, start to feel like it's politically in their best interest to stop vaccinating people for a bit.

Job well done
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's actually possible that it was related to the vaccine. The same medicine could have very different side effects on different people, depending on their genetics, age, health conditions.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Of course it's possible, there's just no reason to believe it. 22 cases out of 5 million isn't statistically significant considering blood clots are just things that occasionally happen to people.
Look into numbers
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

AZ causes knee injuries
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It also causes a scary number of people to get into car accidents and die
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Hugo de Jonge and others must pay for their crimes against humanity. The ICC should formally open up investigations and a new COVID-tribunal to deal with these charges.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The ear will get all these vaccines, even if they make you grow a crest on your head and a second nose on your chin.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Maybe this means more people lose faith and I get vaccinated quicker? Thatd be nice.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Meanwhile the EU's stockpile of unused vaccines grows and grows as it faces a third wave of COVID. Macron the anti-vaxxer-in-Chief should bear some responsbility for this.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Dolan wrote:It's actually possible that it was related to the vaccine. The same medicine could have very different side effects on different people, depending on their genetics, age, health conditions.
Well, I know for a fact that coronavirus gave my grandfather a blood cloth and they had to amputate his leg. Now it does not matter much because he is dead but, if the vaccine does the same as actual coronavirus but milder then it could potentially generate blood cloths as a side effect. :hmm:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeh, tbh, I'm not so confident that these pharma companies got it perfectly right the first time. That's why you need years to perfect a vaccine and you only get to a version that has a very low incidence of significant side effects after many years.
But this time, they were pressured to develop one quickly, both by governments and their eagerness to not miss an opportunity to make a profit.
What if we discover these vaccines have a serious side effect, after a few years. Then the whole species will have been altered without a possibility to revert to a previous immunologic state.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Well there will always be some who don't take vaccine. So we can simply execute all those who have taken vaccines, and revert to the good immunological state. As a side effect few more problems like density, pollution, war, famine, poverty might also get solved.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Goodspeed wrote:It's obvious to anyone who understands numbers that the amount of blood clot cases post-vaccination is so low there is absolutely no reason to believe it has anything to do with the vaccine. Yet, reporting on that shit with sensationalized headlines and a surely appropriate amount of blind panic is what gets the clicks, so we jump on it.
Then governments, realizing that the media are going to continue to treat this as a catastrophe of epic proportions, start to feel like it's politically in their best interest to stop vaccinating people for a bit.

Job well done
As far as I know they haven't even applied for emergency use in the US, so I blame AZ before anything else. And I'm the furthest thing from an anti-vaxxer
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:It's obvious to anyone who understands numbers that the amount of blood clot cases post-vaccination is so low there is absolutely no reason to believe it has anything to do with the vaccine. Yet, reporting on that shit with sensationalized headlines and a surely appropriate amount of blind panic is what gets the clicks, so we jump on it.

Job well done
As far as I know they haven't even applied for emergency use in the US, so I blame AZ before anything else. And I'm the furthest thing from an anti-vaxxer
You might not be an anti-vaxxer but the logic you use is almost as terrible. You know why they havent applied yet and you know that this doesnt say anything about the safety.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Who's ready for wave ///THREE///?

No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

For NL this kind of is wave 4. But anyhow, this wave supposedly corresponds to increasing prevalence of the UK variant in EU countries. So the UK dont really have to be too afraid.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

RefluxSemantic wrote:For NL this kind of is wave 4. But anyhow, this wave supposedly corresponds to increasing prevalence of the UK variant in EU countries. So the UK dont really have to be too afraid.
owning the euros with our COVID variant lmao
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

I don't get it, the whole EU is sitting on a massive stockpile of a vaccine they don't even want to use. And now they are even willing to a deal with the Russians. Why not give it to people who will actually use it?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Why not make it optional rather than cancelling? I'd still take it np